BY GARNIER

Shade: 2.0 - Soft Black

Our 1st oil powered permanent haircolor for brilliant color and visibly healthier hair.

The oil powered technology propels colorants deep into the hair, without ammonia, giving you pure, vivid, long-lasting color. Olia visibly improves and restores hair as the oils help to reverse roughness and dullness for more brilliant, long-lasting color. Hair is Hydrated, Silky and up to 3X Shinier than unwashed, uncolored hair.

How is Olia different?

Unlike traditional haircolor, Olia uses an exclusive 60% oil blend with natural flower oils to achieve brilliant, radiant color results. The unique non-drip velvet cream formula propels colorants into the hair--without ammonia--with a pleasant sensorial fragrance.

Is this shade right for me?

Garnier Olia shade 2.0, “Soft Black,” is one shade lighter than Olia shade 1.0 and has a natural tone. It provides 100% gray coverage. Shade 2.0 is best for anyone with natural hair between light brown and black. If you prefer a lighter color that still reflects naturally, try shade 3.0, "Darkest Brown."

*For women with currently color treated hair, there are special considerations for the color result you can achieve. For more help, use our Shade Selector Tool to find the perfect shade for you!

Developer: 1071397 Aqua/water/eau, Paraffinum Liquidum/mineral Oil/huile Minerale, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Steareth-20, Peg-4 Rapeseedamide, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-6, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Tocopherol, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Phosphoric Acid. F.i.l.# D42424/9

After Color Conditioner: 1119728 a Aqua/water/eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Tocopherol, Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/sunflower Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Amodimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/fragrance, Citric Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride. F.i.l.# D180530/1 Us Patents: 7,223,385; 7,485,289

Colorant: 1183614 a Paraffinum Liquidum/mineral Oil/huile Minerale, Aqua/water/eau, Ethanolamine, Toluene-2,5-diamine, Decyl Glucoside, Resorcinol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Parfum/fragrance, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Sodium Metabisulfite, Edta, 2,4-diaminophenoxyethanol Hcl, M-aminophenol, Ascorbic Acid, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/sunflower Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil/meadowfoam Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata/passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Thioglycerin, Tocopherol. F.i.l.# D181041/1 Us Patents: 7,060,107; 7,988,737; 7,988,738; 8,066,781; 8,114,170; 7,494,513 Us Pat Pending

Usage: Applying Olia: A Sensorial Experience

Olia transforms coloring your hair into a new sensorial experience. The drop-shaped applicator gives you maximum control. Because Olia is ammonia-free, it won't irritate your scalp and there is no harsh ammonia smell. Instead, Olia has a delicate floral scent. And, its non-drip, velvety cream texture helps provide optimal comfort during application.

Follow this step-by-step process when applying color at home:

1) Always do a skin test 48 hours before.
2) Apply to dry, unwashed hair.
3) Apply gloves, pour developer and colorant in mixing jar.
4) Break off the tip and shake the bottle vigorously.
5) Start applying color at the roots, then away from roots to the tips.
6) Extend color through to the ends and massage into hair.
7) Leave formula on for 30 minutes.
8) Massage hair thoroughly before rinsing to optimize rinsing process.
9) Rinse hair thoroughly until water runs clear.
10) Apply conditioner after color and leave on for two minutes, then rinse thoroughly.

• How did you feel about this product? I am looking for a g...1 Answers
  • I am looking for a hair color to hide my husband's "salt ...4 Answers
Brendan E.
Forest city , NC
I always use the darkest brown shade! It gives me beautiful color, shine, and makes my hair feel smooth. They products smell so good! I have naturally medium brown hair, and I have found this darkest brown goes great with my skin! I will definitely purchase again!
Lauren K.
Used this formula for about a year and I love it! I just apply it about every 3-4 months and it is super long lasting and gives your hair amazing shine. I mostly use it to even out my hair tones from 2 years ago when I bleached my hair and the ends get lighter since I have been growing my hair out and this helps to even out the color
Anaise V.
I use this product on my mother and she absolutely loves it. It's on the more expensive side of box dyes but it's well worth it. Usually box dues leaves my mothers hair feeling hard and brittle and mistreated. With this product there is a smooth finish and a very shiny result. This is the best box hair dye!!!!
Liliana L.
Beaumont, TX
I used this hair dye all the time and it has always left my hair looking shiny and healthy! It stays on for a long time and while you're dying it you don't have to deal with the strong smell! Another plus is that this comes with a conditioner for your hair that leaves it feeling and smelling amazing!
Maria A.
Marion, VA
This hair color is very good for your hair and does not dry it out or cause it to real off. It refreshes it and refreshes it. I love the oils it puts back into it. Olia is a great brand.
Sandra P.
Bronx, NY
I love All Garnier hair color products, have been using them for years! The prices are "okay" at times, cvs and rite aid usually have good deals with them. Especially if you clip coupons, most Sunday papers have coupons for 2.00 or 3.00 off.
Victoria W.
Wauregan, CT
I love dying my hair black its my new obsession. This color is so gorgeous it makes my hair so soft and shiny. Anyone who wants long lasting hair color and have their hair condition improve after dying it I would highly recommend this.
Alolika S.
Richmond, TX
Both of my parents use this! So I know it works for both men and women. Nice pitch black. Brings out your healthy glowy skin and makes you look like Snow White! :) Who doesn't love that?! Pretty! 🍷
Amy S.
Alma, AR
I loved trying Garnier Olia 2.0 soft black hair dye. It was very easy to mix and apply. I love the fact that it is oil based. I also love the design of the bottle. It fits easily in my hand and mixes with ease. The color is rich and vibrant. It looks much healthier than before I dyed it. The color looks real. It doesn't look like I dyed it. If you are looking for a beautiful color with long lasting results I would suggest giving Garnier Olia a try! You won't be disappointed,
Florie V.
Highland, CA
I loved this box of hair dye that I received right on time my hair needed a touch up the color was perfect! Left my hair feeling super soft and glamorous
Deb Q.
sonoma, ca
I am looking for a hair color to hide my husband's "salt and pepper" color that won't fade quickly. Are the results of this product reliable? More than wasting money, I don't want to waste our time on a product that won't last. Is this a good product for us?
Janelle P.
How did you feel about this product? I am looking for a good drug store black hair dye and have heard a lot about this particular one. Just curious on other opinions!

Amazon