BY GARNIER

Shade: 2.0 - Soft Black

Our 1st oil powered permanent haircolor for brilliant color and visibly healthier hair.

The oil powered technology propels colorants deep into the hair, without ammonia, giving you pure, vivid, long-lasting color. Olia visibly improves and restores hair as the oils help to reverse roughness and dullness for more brilliant, long-lasting color. Hair is Hydrated, Silky and up to 3X Shinier than unwashed, uncolored hair.

How is Olia different?

Unlike traditional haircolor, Olia uses an exclusive 60% oil blend with natural flower oils to achieve brilliant, radiant color results. The unique non-drip velvet cream formula propels colorants into the hair--without ammonia--with a pleasant sensorial fragrance.

Is this shade right for me?

Garnier Olia shade 2.0, “Soft Black,” is one shade lighter than Olia shade 1.0 and has a natural tone. It provides 100% gray coverage. Shade 2.0 is best for anyone with natural hair between light brown and black. If you prefer a lighter color that still reflects naturally, try shade 3.0, "Darkest Brown."

*For women with currently color treated hair, there are special considerations for the color result you can achieve. For more help, use our Shade Selector Tool to find the perfect shade for you!

Developer: 1071397 Aqua/water/eau, Paraffinum Liquidum/mineral Oil/huile Minerale, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Steareth-20, Peg-4 Rapeseedamide, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-6, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Tocopherol, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Phosphoric Acid. F.i.l.# D42424/9

After Color Conditioner: 1119728 a Aqua/water/eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Tocopherol, Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/sunflower Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Amodimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/fragrance, Citric Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride. F.i.l.# D180530/1 Us Patents: 7,223,385; 7,485,289

Colorant: 1183614 a Paraffinum Liquidum/mineral Oil/huile Minerale, Aqua/water/eau, Ethanolamine, Toluene-2,5-diamine, Decyl Glucoside, Resorcinol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Parfum/fragrance, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Sodium Metabisulfite, Edta, 2,4-diaminophenoxyethanol Hcl, M-aminophenol, Ascorbic Acid, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/sunflower Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil/meadowfoam Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata/passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Thioglycerin, Tocopherol. F.i.l.# D181041/1 Us Patents: 7,060,107; 7,988,737; 7,988,738; 8,066,781; 8,114,170; 7,494,513 Us Pat Pending

Usage: Applying Olia: A Sensorial Experience

Olia transforms coloring your hair into a new sensorial experience. The drop-shaped applicator gives you maximum control. Because Olia is ammonia-free, it won't irritate your scalp and there is no harsh ammonia smell. Instead, Olia has a delicate floral scent. And, its non-drip, velvety cream texture helps provide optimal comfort during application.

Follow this step-by-step process when applying color at home:

1) Always do a skin test 48 hours before.
2) Apply to dry, unwashed hair.
3) Apply gloves, pour developer and colorant in mixing jar.
4) Break off the tip and shake the bottle vigorously.
5) Start applying color at the roots, then away from roots to the tips.
6) Extend color through to the ends and massage into hair.
7) Leave formula on for 30 minutes.
8) Massage hair thoroughly before rinsing to optimize rinsing process.
9) Rinse hair thoroughly until water runs clear.
10) Apply conditioner after color and leave on for two minutes, then rinse thoroughly.

• I am looking for a hair color to hide my husband's "salt ...4 Answers
Buy on ULTA
Rosalee J.
Saginaw, MI
I haven't been able to dye my hair in ages! Because the Ammonia messed with my breathing, as I have asthma. Then with my hair falling out I have been way to nervous to! When I got afforded the opportunity to try the new Garnier Fructis Olia Oil Powered Hair Color I was ecstatic. When I received the product I used it immediately I just couldn't wait! So I call my sister over so she can dye it for me as I can only do so much I wanted to make sure it was thoroughly through all my hair.

Thankfully I hadn't washed my hair in 2 days which makes the hair dye your using stick better than if you were to wash it then dye it. For some weird reason when your hair is dirty the oils in your hair grab the dye rather than it slipping off your hair. That's the best way I can explain it.

So my sister gets here, and we prepare getting a towel and everything mixed. When I opened the Colorant Oh M G it spelled amazing. What hair dye can you say that about?! Once I mixed everything she parted my hair in section then began put the dye in my hair. She kept saying Oh my goodness this smells amazing! Once the dye was in my hair within minutes my hair had already changed color which usually it take about 10-15min to start seeing the change. Not with this hair dye it was literally about 7min! Once it reached 30 minutes being in my hair I rinsed thoroughly then put the Conditioner that came with the Hair Dye and massaged it in my hair then it sit for 2 min and then I rinsed thoroughly again. I blew dry my hair & I was AMAZED by the result. My hair is a Beautiful Black! & its shiny. My hair has not looked this good in ages. My confindence is through the roof. I seriously love this hair dye! Its definitely my go to hair color & dye now. I highly recommend this to absolutely everyone!! Try it at least once, this Hair Dye really took Hair Dye to a whole new level. I am so Thankful I was able to review this perk!, <3
Stephanie C.
I’ve always been kind of a product snob when it comes to my hair. I grew up in a salon. My mom is a cosmetologist. I have never used hair color that wasn’t salon quality. I was skeptical. I’m also not used to coloring my own hair. I didn’t think there would be enough color for all of my hair since it’s so long but there was plenty. The applicator bottle was awesome and made it easy to apply. The color came out good. The conditioner that comes with it is a must. My hair was very dry when I was done. Overall it’s a great product. I don’t know that I would buy it over my favorite color but in an emergency I would consider using it again.
Brittany T.
East Freetown, MA
I love how the product does not smell bad. I am pregnant and can't use hair dye with ammonia but I can't live with my horrible whites showing through my black hair! Thanks to influenster for sending me a free trial of this, I have now found my new go-to hair dye. It covered my whites and didn't make my scalp itch (you know how annoying that is, i am sure.)  The color that was sent to me was a perfect match to my natural color, thank you influenster! Also, the conditioner that comes in the box smells SO good! I am loving my white-free, deliciously smelling hair. Thank you Garnier for making a wonderful product!
Stephanie S.
Perris, CA
I found my new favorite love. I received it free for review in my influenster voxbox. It completely covered my greys and the shine and softness my hair feels better than it did before I colored it. I would recommend this for people with dry hair and grey I am completely 100% satisfied and we continue to purchase this.
Jumanah C.
East Elmhurst, NY
My hair is usually dyed in dark brown as my natural color is almost black. Been dealing with grey hairs which my previous hair color would only cover for a couple washes. I have used Olia and the soft black very subtle and shiny. Hair feels nourished and healthy and the color is deep but vibrant. Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color
Marilyn N.
Winchester, CA
I love this! The soft black shade makes the black hair look natural versus an inkjet shiny black hair that makes it look like it is dyed or wearing a wig. The soft black looks natural and the oil in the product gives the look of a healthy shiny hair
Connie L.
I really like this hair dye. The instructions are easy to follow. Leaves my hair silky, shiny and smooth. I’ve repurchased Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color a few times. Never been disappointed.
kiah v.
I actually used 1.0 - Black but it's not on the site, so I'll review this one. I have locs, so to dye my hair I usually need 2 or 3 boxes of dye. This color came out just as I hoped, black, but not blue black. It covered up a previous red dye job from several years ago with ease. It was not too drying, and my hair has reacted positively to the dye.

My main issue with this product is the packaging! The box includes developer, colorant, an after-care conditioner, and plastic black gloves. As it is an oil based product, massaging the dye into your hair causes the gloves to get very slippery. they're a weird texture. I felt they were too thin and actually ripped a pair pulling them down onto my hand. I ended up switching to a pair of latex gloves I had in my house. Also, since it's so slippery, the fact that the mixing bottle is round makes this process a little messier than it needs to be. Traditional dye bottles are elongated, but the olia bottle is short and rounded. grabbing it with slippery dye covered gloves ended up being a disaster.

Aside from the issues with packaging, the product itself serves its function.
Briana P.
Pawcatuck, CT
More natural than most hair colors but recently I've found more healthy brands. Color is vibrant and shiny. Affordable. I never used to know because my hair is already dark brown I can just use demi permanent hair dye and it would be less damaging to my hair.
Joey T.
Post Falls, ID
I just got done dyeing my hair loved that it doesn’t have a strong odor to it and it was really easy to use the color was not what I normally go for but loved how it turned out!!! I think I’d buy again but maybe a different color next time
Deb Q.
sonoma, ca
I am looking for a hair color to hide my husband's "salt and pepper" color that won't fade quickly. Are the results of this product reliable? More than wasting money, I don't want to waste our time on a product that won't last. Is this a good product for us?