BY GARNIER

Shade: 2.0 - Soft Black

Our 1st oil powered permanent haircolor for brilliant color and visibly healthier hair.

The oil powered technology propels colorants deep into the hair, without ammonia, giving you pure, vivid, long-lasting color. Olia visibly improves and restores hair as the oils help to reverse roughness and dullness for more brilliant, long-lasting color. Hair is Hydrated, Silky and up to 3X Shinier than unwashed, uncolored hair.

How is Olia different?

Unlike traditional haircolor, Olia uses an exclusive 60% oil blend with natural flower oils to achieve brilliant, radiant color results. The unique non-drip velvet cream formula propels colorants into the hair--without ammonia--with a pleasant sensorial fragrance.

Is this shade right for me?

Garnier Olia shade 2.0, “Soft Black,” is one shade lighter than Olia shade 1.0 and has a natural tone. It provides 100% gray coverage. Shade 2.0 is best for anyone with natural hair between light brown and black. If you prefer a lighter color that still reflects naturally, try shade 3.0, "Darkest Brown."

*For women with currently color treated hair, there are special considerations for the color result you can achieve. For more help, use our Shade Selector Tool to find the perfect shade for you!

Developer: 1071397 Aqua/water/eau, Paraffinum Liquidum/mineral Oil/huile Minerale, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Steareth-20, Peg-4 Rapeseedamide, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-6, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Tocopherol, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Phosphoric Acid. F.i.l.# D42424/9

After Color Conditioner: 1119728 a Aqua/water/eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Tocopherol, Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/sunflower Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Amodimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/fragrance, Citric Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride. F.i.l.# D180530/1 Us Patents: 7,223,385; 7,485,289

Colorant: 1183614 a Paraffinum Liquidum/mineral Oil/huile Minerale, Aqua/water/eau, Ethanolamine, Toluene-2,5-diamine, Decyl Glucoside, Resorcinol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Parfum/fragrance, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Sodium Metabisulfite, Edta, 2,4-diaminophenoxyethanol Hcl, M-aminophenol, Ascorbic Acid, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/sunflower Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil/meadowfoam Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata/passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Thioglycerin, Tocopherol. F.i.l.# D181041/1 Us Patents: 7,060,107; 7,988,737; 7,988,738; 8,066,781; 8,114,170; 7,494,513 Us Pat Pending

Usage: Applying Olia: A Sensorial Experience

Olia transforms coloring your hair into a new sensorial experience. The drop-shaped applicator gives you maximum control. Because Olia is ammonia-free, it won't irritate your scalp and there is no harsh ammonia smell. Instead, Olia has a delicate floral scent. And, its non-drip, velvety cream texture helps provide optimal comfort during application.

Follow this step-by-step process when applying color at home:

1) Always do a skin test 48 hours before.
2) Apply to dry, unwashed hair.
3) Apply gloves, pour developer and colorant in mixing jar.
4) Break off the tip and shake the bottle vigorously.
5) Start applying color at the roots, then away from roots to the tips.
6) Extend color through to the ends and massage into hair.
7) Leave formula on for 30 minutes.
8) Massage hair thoroughly before rinsing to optimize rinsing process.
9) Rinse hair thoroughly until water runs clear.
10) Apply conditioner after color and leave on for two minutes, then rinse thoroughly.

• I am looking for a hair color to hide my husband's "salt ...4 Answers
Buy on ULTA
Angel S.
Galloway, OH
Discloser: I received this product free to review, but my opinions are my own.

To start with, I was super excited to see this in my mailbox. I use several of Garnier’s products but I usually just go with what’s cheapest when it comes to hair color. As a result, my hair usually looks dull and dead. Garnier is one of the middle of the pack products when it comes to price. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive. Usually the Olia is around $6-9 in stores, depending on where you buy it and what sales are going on. I usually forgo it in favor of Revlon Colorsilk purely because Colorsilk is a few bucks and I’m normally pretty broke. That being said, let’s begin the review.

I opened up the product and took a look. The first thing I noticed was the black gloves. The gloves are made of a vinyl material and much less plasticky than most kits come with. I usually wear a medium glove (I’m a health practitioner) and these fit fine without being too clingy or too loose. The seams did not rip mid-coloring like many others do. In fact, with the Revlon kits, I usually just keep a box of my own gloves on hand to use. I’m happy to say I didn’t need them for this. The gloves held up really well.

My last coloring session was 3 or 4 months ago. I can’t remember exactly. I get pretty lazy about it. Even though I usually dye dark brown and my natural color is a dirty blonde, I always get faded roots rather than an abrupt line where the new growth is, so it isn’t really noticeable that I dye my hair. I’m pretty sure my boyfriend still believes my hair is naturally dark as he never notices when I dye it and never notices when it starts to fade at the roots. Anyway, my hair was pretty lifeless and I could see lots of blonde if I looked closely enough. I opened the step 1 bottle and punched through the foil seal on the step 2 tube of color. Immediately some of the creamy coloring solution inside exploded out of the tube once the seal was broken, which was a little annoying but somewhat unavoidable with those types of packaging. Once the color was mixed, I went to town on my poor roots, focusing mostly there and working my way down to the ends.

One thing I noticed was that I was able to get through all my hair without running out. Many other home coloring kits run out of hair dye before I can work it through all my hair, which is thin, fine, and about a third of the way down my back. So this was a huge plus for me. I also applied some to my brows as I prefer the lampshades to match the drapes. The “No Ammonia” label on the packaging proved true. In fact, the dye actually smelled quite pleasant.

After rinsing, I conditioned. I’m rather disappointed by the plastic bottle used for the conditioner. It’s extremely difficult to get all the conditioner out of the bottle and it’s small enough that folks with long hair won’t be able to use it more than. Perhaps a squeeze tube or a small tub, like the ones the Garnier hair masks come in except much smaller.

After allowing my hair to air dry, I took an alcohol prep pad and used it to clean excess dye from my skin. Much more cost effective than using those specialized products for it, and it works better too.

Overall I’m very pleased with the results. My hair does look hydrated, silky, and shiny, as the box says, although their asterisked comparison to unwashed, uncolored hair seems to be a given. Everyone’s hair will look better washed, whether it’s colored or not!

In any case, I’m grateful for the opportunity to try out this product and I’ll definitely give Garnier Olia a second look at the store over Revlon Colorsilk.
Cody Dawn M.
Camp Lejeune, NC
I was very pleasantly surprised with this product. I received this product in a box box in exchange for a review. I received it a while ago, but I had had my hair done recently before that, so I waiting until some of my gray had grown out so I had something to cover.

Just so it’s clear what I am comparing to - I alternate between doing my roots at home and having it done in salon. I use Joico 1N dye (I purchase from amazon) with 20 developer at home. My hair gal uses the same thing (I alternate so I can get my hair cut. Can’t do that myself!) at the salon. I have very difficult to cover gray. My gray is bright silver. Despite being in my 30’s, I am about 35-40% gray. Good times.

The first thing I will mention about this dye is that it was SO MUCH EASIER to get off of my skin. Dying hair by yourself can get messy. I usually end up with a lot of black on my skin when I do it myself. My usual MO to deal with that is wiping it with nail polish remover. There are some obvious problems with that as far as safety goes, but it works for me. With the dye I usually use, I still have to scrub and stains remain. This dye just wiped off.

I mixed the dye per the directions in the box. They were very easy to understand. The applicator bottle is very nice and the product comes out easily, yet it doesn’t end up everywhere. For most of my head I used a cup and brush. I did use the bottle for the back of my head with my problems.

I let it sit the recommended amount of time and rinsed. I really like the conditioner that came with the product. I wish I could buy it separately! The dye rinsed out completely with ease.

After my hair was dry I inspected my more heavily gray areas and didn’t see any peaking through. I was very pleased with the coverage. As I had mentioned, my grays are extremely dye resistant. In bright light I could see that the new growth was the slightest bit lighter than the section that I had dyed previously, thus the 4 stars. I wish 4 1/2 was an option, because you have to really look for it. It was not noticeable in average light or without close inspection. This could be a color difference with the dye. My usual dye is labeled as simply “black” whereas this product is labeled as “soft black.” That could account for the difference.

My hair does feel very soft and silky. I would definitely use this product again. Very quick and easy!
Kala G.
Dixon springs, TN
I received this product free to review from influenster, however all opinions are my own!!

First, the packaging arrived very nice! The color I received is the 2.0 soft black. The box is beautiful and is a def. eye catcher!  This dye is ammonia free is awesome when it comes to coloring your hair. It is a radiant, long lasting color and should leave your hair hydrated.

So to begin the process , I open my box and grab out step `1 and 2. I must say that the applicator bottle is a nice size and fits in my hand perfectly , which makes coloring your hair at home a lot easier!! The colorant went into the developer with no problems. I shook it up and YALL it does not have that horrible at home dye smell! So I'm sure this product is ammonia free!!! Than I was ready to apply to my hair.
You receive a BLACK pair of gloves that do not feel cheap and they fit my hands just right!When you apply to your hair its much more simple because of the non drip formula it is placing it where I want it so I'm able to spread it around for how I need it. Now I begin my timing at 30 minutes!
After wearing this for 30 minutes my skin didn't burn or hurt , while wearing my gloves I massaged my hair and scalp without  water to help move it around, than with a small amount of water. Than I was ready to fully wash the product out!! The color washed out fine, The conditioner was a little hard to get out of the plastic bottle, I would have rather used a squeeze tube. However their is enough product for more than one wash!
The color came out beautiful, it really is a radiant , shiny color! My hair doesn't look damaged as a lot of home dyes will look. Seems that there isn't any streaks or off spots in my thick hair.
I recommend this product to anyone dying their hair at home.
Toni Marie D.
Vallejo, CA
I received my #voxbox from #influenster strictly for #review purposes. I #gotitfree aa #complimentary product from #influenster and #Garnier.
This product works very well. It isn't harsh on your hair and it doesnt cause damage. It while coloring and doesnt your hair out. My hair was colored in soft black. You can not tell that your hair has been dyed because it looks natural and not like you did it at home. I will definitely recommend this products to others. #voxbox #gotitfree #complimentary #influenster #Garnier #review
Stephanie R.
I couldn’t have received this in better time to review from @influenster because my grays were a little outta wack (I received this free in exchange for my review)! I’ve been blessed with naturally gray hair at a VERY young age so I must color every 4-6 weeks. The color matched very well to what I currently have, however, I have a lot of hair and this one box wasn’t enough. It also didn’t cover completely but it’s in spots where it is least seen. Otherwise, this is a great product and doesn’t smell like some other dyes do. I would recommend to those who are needing a great box color!! Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color
Brittany B.
Port Richey, FL
I highly recommend this brand. OMG i am inlove! My hair was looking a big dull and boring and i have noticed a few grey hairs 😐. So i dyed my hair as soon as i received my voxbox and i am so happy i did. My hair looks healthy and shiney, it has great coverage and it is no longer dull nor boring. It looks amazing and i feel amazing. The packaging was great too, comes with everything you need and pretty simple to use. I will definitely purchase this brand in the future and recommend it to my friends and family. Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent HaircolorGarnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color
Josary G.
So I went out to target to find a black hair dye to even out my hair color. Usually I buy a different brand and it does the job well. However target didn’t have any black except for this brand so I gave it a try. From the beginning when I applied it to my Tips I knew it wasn’t going to work. I had to apply a lot to the light parts of my hair. After wash & dry, my hair just went to a super dark brown, you can see the brown in the light & it pisses me off cause I wasted a good amount of time hoping it would work. Now I have to wait a couple of months before dying again 😭
Diana R.
Fall River, MA
This is my first time trying out Garnier hair dye. I was so excited when I saw this in my mailbox as I was planning to dye my hair today. I immediately opened it and dyed my hair. I just came out from the shower and blowed dried my hair. I have to say I absolutely love the results. My hair came out the way I wanted and the color matches perfectly. I have naturally soft light black hair and I usually dye the roots when I get gray hair. It covers gray hair and my hair feels soft and silky after I blow dried it. I would definitely repurchase and would highly recommend.
Katie D.
I got this hair dye in the light rose gold color. My hair was a dark brown to blonde-ish ombre. I figured I would get it for the ends of my hair but would use it on my whole head because the box showed that on darker colors, it would be a nice lighter mahogany tint. I've box-dyed my hair more times than I can count but I still made sure to read the whole insert and follow all the directions. I took my time dying it but made sure to get a little more dye on the ends of my hair as that is where I wanted more of the color to show. After rinsing and drying my hair, I.WAS.PISSED. I came out looking like a frickin Weasley, Y'all. It was like this dye completely stripped my entire head of color and I went from a nice dark brown/blonde ombre to ORANGE. Nowhere close to the colors on the box and absolutely no hints of rose or pink anywhere. Needless to say, I immediately went out immediately the next morning and bought a completely different dye to cover this up because it looked so terrible. Never again. Unless I'm going for that younger sibling wizard who gets all the hand-me-downs look. Not pleased.
Stephanie B.
Fresno, CA
I just used this product today in the soft black color! I’m totally impressed! First, I was not overwhelmed by strong chemical smells , which is a fantastic change from my normal box dye. The formula was easy to use and there was plenty to cover my entire hair . This is wonderful, because in the past I have had to use two boxes , since I have long, thick hair. I followed the instructions and left on 30 minutes before rinsing . I followed with the conditioner that comes in the box , which smelled amazing ! I love that I have enough conditioner to use again the next time I wash my hair . After drying and styling my hair , I have to say, I’m very satisfied with the color! My hair is really shiny and looks extremely healthy! The color is vibrant and just what I wanted! I will be using this brand/ color in the future for sure! Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color
Deb Q.
sonoma, ca
I am looking for a hair color to hide my husband's "salt and pepper" color that won't fade quickly. Are the results of this product reliable? More than wasting money, I don't want to waste our time on a product that won't last. Is this a good product for us?