BY GARNIER

Shade: 8.0 - Medium Blonde
Our 1st oil powered permanent haircolor for brilliant color and visibly healthier hair.

The oil powered technology propels colorants deep into the hair, without ammonia, giving you pure, vivid, long-lasting color. Olia visibly improves and restores hair as the oils help to reverse roughness and dullness for more brilliant, long-lasting color. Hair is Hydrated, Silky and up to 3X Shinier than unwashed, uncolored hair.

How is Olia different?

Unlike traditional haircolor, Olia uses an exclusive 60% oil blend with natural flower oils to achieve brilliant, radiant color results. The unique non-drip velvet cream formula propels colorants into the hair--without ammonia--with a pleasant sensorial fragrance.

Is this shade right for me?

Garnier Olia shade 8.0, "Medium Blonde," is a natural blonde shade that will allow your natural tones to show through and will provide 100% gray coverage. Shade 8.0 is best for anyone with natural hair between light blonde and light brown. If you would like a lighter shade that still reflects naturally, shade 9.0 might be for you.

If you would like to remain in the medium blonde range but would like to explore other reflects and tones, explore shade 8.31 or for a slightly lighter shade, try 8 1/2.03.

*For women with currently color treated hair, there are special considerations for the color result you can achieve. Because of this, we do not recommend shade 8.0 for hair that has been previously colored shade 6.0, "Light Brown," or darker. For more help, use our Shade Selector Tool to find the perfect shade for you!

DEVELOPER:
1071243 AQUA/WATER/EAU, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, HYDROGEN PEROXIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, STEARETH-20, PEG-4 RAPESEEDAMIDE, GLYCERIN, POLYQUATERNIUM-6, HEXADIMETHRINE CHLORIDE, TOCOPHEROL, PENTASODIUM PENTETATE, SODIUM STANNATE, TETRASODIUM PYROPHOSPHATE, PHOSPHORIC ACID. F.I.L.# D41208/11

AFTER COLOR CONDITIONER: 1119728 A AQUA/WATER/EAU, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CETYL ESTERS, TOCOPHEROL, TRIDECETH-6, CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL/SUNFLOWER SEED OIL, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA SEED OIL, AMODIMETHICONE, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, CITRIC ACID, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE. F.I.L.# D180530/1 US PATENTS: 7,223,385; 7,485,289

COLORANT: 1183546 C PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, AQUA/WATER/EAU, ETHANOLAMINE, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR, SODIUM METABISULFITE, EDTA, RESORCINOL, TOLUENE-2,5-DIAMINE, ASCORBIC ACID, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL/SUNFLOWER SEED OIL, LIMNANTHES ALBA SEED OIL/MEADOWFOAM SEED OIL, PASSIFLORA INCARNATA/PASSIFLORA INCARNATA SEED OIL, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA SEED OIL, p-AMINOPHENOL, m-AMINOPHENOL, THIOGLYCERIN, TOCOPHEROL. F.I.L.# D180160/1 US PATENTS: 7,060,107; 7,988,737; 7,988,738; 8,066,781; 8,114,170; 7,494,513 US PAT PENDING

Usage: Applying Olia: A Sensorial Experience

Olia transforms coloring your hair into a new sensorial experience. The drop-shaped applicator gives you maximum control. Because Olia is ammonia-free, it won't irritate your scalp and there is no harsh ammonia smell. Instead, Olia has a delicate floral scent. And, its non-drip, velvety cream texture helps provide optimal comfort during application.

Follow this step-by-step process when applying color at home:

1) Always do a skin test 48 hours before.
2) Apply to dry, unwashed hair.
3) Apply gloves, pour developer and colorant in mixing jar.
4) Break off the tip and shake the bottle vigorously.
5) Start applying color at the roots, then away from roots to the tips.
6) Extend color through to the ends and massage into hair.
7) Leave formula on for 30 minutes.
8) Massage hair thoroughly before rinsing to optimize rinsing process.
9) Rinse hair thoroughly until water runs clear.
10) Apply conditioner after color and leave on for two minutes, then rinse thoroughly.

• Would this color show on my hair? It has a reddish tone s...4 Answers
Kylie A.
Fort Wayne , IN
I received this product complimentary from Influenster to give my honest review!

I dye my hair a few times per year. I am a natural dirty blonde, however I also have a natural ombré that I like to hide so I dye it to make it one color!

This is the first time I have used this specific box dye. I’ll start off by saying 🔸the dye smells good. It has more of a sweet smell compared to other dyes being so strong in smell that it burns every orifice in your face. That was nice. 🔸I’ve never had any reactions from dyes, but for some reason this dye caused the skin behind my ears and on my neck to burn and itch pretty bad for about ten minutes and then it stopped. I’m not sure what that was about but it didn’t leave a rash or anything. For that it loses a star to me.🔸After rinsing, the color was so vibrant! I didn’t know if I liked it. I thought it was too light at first. The next day the color had set a little better and I ended up really loving it! 🔸This dye does not leave your hair smelling like the dye for days. I know for me after I dye my hair, I can still smell the dye after a week or so even after washes. This dye didn’t leave a smell longer than a day.

Over all; Totally satisfied with the color and company. I would for sure recommend to everyone (err on the side of caution people with sensitive skin). I would purchase this in the future.
Shawn M.
I’m glad I did a test strand first. My hair is light to medium brown but the ends were ombréd to a light golden blonde color. Some areas were slightly darker with a warm tone. As far as the darkest part of my hair, the color just didn’t have enough lifting power to get it to the medium blonde. However, the blonde areas of my hair that were getting kinda brassy or yellow from last summer toned nicely and lifted.

My hair did feel nourished where the dye had gone on the mid lengths and ends. It did look better and did not feel dried out. The conditioner was also quite nice that came with this box of hair dye. So, this product did what it would it was supposed to do. However, I would probably make sure your hair is very light brown to dark blonde and no darker. Otherwise, it’s going to make your hair kind of reddish and brassy because it simply won’t have the lifting power needs for your hair.

If your hair Is already blonde and has a bit of a golden or yellow tint to it from old highlights, you could use this to tone it to a beautiful shade of medium natural blonde. Keep in mind, the box does say not to use or not recommended for highlighted hair but if you strategically paint it on, you’ll be fine. I would recommend this hair dye because it is pretty moisturizing and feels nice after you rinse your hair. My hair did look very shiny.
Michele D.
Cleveland, OH
I love getting the opportunity to review on influenster!  I received the Olia Hair color 8.0 Medium Blonde.  I usually have my hair colored at a salon every 3 -4 month and this arrived at the best time.  Finally a company that took out the ammonia smell! It is very easy to apply, mix the colorant in the solution and apply to hair. And it was not too messy like others that drip all over the place.  Wait 30 minutes rinse out and apply conditioner and leave that on for 2 minutes then rinse and style hair as usual.  I would have liked the color to be more blond as it seemed to bring out more red in my hair.  I would have to see if there is a more blond variety.  I received this product to review and did not receive any compensation for this product from Garnier or Influenster.
Jordan N.
Owatonna, MN
I received Garnier Olia color in 8.0 complimentary from Influenster.

Background: I have dirty blonde hair naturally and I get the top half of my hair professionally highlighted light blonde about 3-4 times a year. My hair had a lot of outgrowth and I didn't have enough money to go get it dyed, so I was excited to receive this.

Pros:
The dye smells so good, not like chemicals like most other dyes
Didn't cause my skin to break out
Leaves your hair smelling great afterwards

Cons:
Made my un-treated outgrowth turn orange... I was NOT happy about this.
I have long, thick hair and one box did not cover it all. I would need two boxes.

I would not use this color again or recommend it because it turned my hair orange. If you wanted to try this hair color, I would recommend you use a darker, cool-toned color.

Lynnette U.
Speculator, NY
I received this complimentary box of dye from #influenster for review. While the results from #GarnierOlia weren’t dramatic for me, it really was beautiful and there was no damage whatsoever. The conditioner specifically is awesome. The process was simple, and the instructions were easy to follow. While I did receive the box for free for honest feedback, I think the price point is fair and I would purchase it myself. Blondes really do have more fun!Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color
April E.
Jersey Shore, PA
I am a person who started going gray really young. As a female this really causes you to feel depressed and upset at times. There are many different hair colors out there. This one by far is the closest one to my natural hair color that I have found. I love the fact it doesn’t have a harsh chemical smell too. Only problem was even though I shook it for quite a bit of time to mix it really well it still was a bit on the runny side but I can deal with it for the color. Thanks to @garnier and @influenster for the #contest to allow me to try it free and discover my new go to hair color. Maybe someday I will get bold and try something daring like the #rosegold color!
Jordan C.
San Antonio, TX
I loved the smell of this product and it left my hair feeling pretty good! However the color was a little brassy for my taste. I’m hoping with some purple shampoo and a toner treatment I’ll be able to get the color where I want. Overall, the product itself was good quality for the price point. I just wasn’t a fan of the shade I received. I received this product for free from Influenster to share my honest thoughts.
Kiersten F.
E Stroudsburg, PA
Whelp, I have never dyed my hair from a box before, and this was quite the experience! I have always colored my hair or had highlights done at a salon and never had issues with my hair “taking” the color. This didn’t work like I thought it would. It did not dye all of my hair, and in some spots it is lighter than others. I am embarrassed to say the least. My hair does feel and look healthy though, I will give it that! Maybe I didn’t do the best job or maybe it was the product! Give it a try if you’d like!
Ashley H.
Spring Valley, IL
I received this as a complementary trial for review! I do not use box dyes anymore, as they are awful for your hair, but I was impressed with this one. It had a pleasant smell, and wasn’t harsh on my bleached hair.. after washing the dye out, my hair felt really good, and moisturized for havin just dyed it. I would recommend this for anyone who needs a nourishing hair dye.
Erica P.
Missouri City, TX
I was extremely excited to receive the @influenster voxbox of @GarnierOlia Brillant Color medium blonde kit to try for free for testing purposes. The fact that it uses plant oils is intriguing. Instructions were easy to follow and it was super easy to apply. The scent isn’t strong, even my husband said “I can barely smell it”. The color came out more of a strawberry blonde especially towards the roots where my new hair growth is dye free. It’s not the color I expected but it looks good and is an even color throughout. I loved how smooth and shiny my hair was after using the conditioner that came with. #influenster #voxbox #garnier #garnierolia #trieditfree #brillianthair Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color
Anna G.
Would this color show on my hair? It has a reddish tone so idk, I wanna try the medium blonde to lighten it a lil