BY GARNIER #61 in Permanent Hair Color

Shade: 8.22 - Medium Rose Gold

Our 1st oil powered permanent haircolor for brilliant color and visibly healthier hair.

The oil powered technology propels colorants deep into the hair, without ammonia, giving you pure, vivid, long-lasting color. Olia visibly improves and restores hair as the oils help to reverse roughness and dullness for more brilliant, long-lasting color. Hair is Hydrated, Silky and up to 3X Shinier than unwashed, uncolored hair.

How is Olia different?
Unlike traditional haircolor, Olia uses an exclusive 60% oil blend with natural flower oils to achieve brilliant, radiant color results. The unique non-drip velvet cream formula propels colorants into the hair--without ammonia--with a pleasant sensorial fragrance.

Is this shade right for me?
Garnier Olia shade 8.22, “Medium Rose Gold,” is a medium blonde shade with a gleaming, delicate balance of golden and rose reflects. It provides 100% gray coverage. Shade 8.22 is best for anyone with natural, uncolored hair between Light Blonde and Light Brown. If you have darker hair, this shade is not recommended for you.

If you would like to remain in the Light Blonde range but would like to explore other reflects and tones, try shade 8.0, “Medium Blonde” for a natural reflect or 8 ½.03, “Medium Pearl Blonde” for multi-tonal reflects.

*For women with currently color treated hair, there are special considerations for the color result you can achieve. This shade is not recommended for hair that has been colored Dark Blonde or darker. For help, use our Shade Selector Tool to find the perfect shade for you!

Ingredients: Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Aqua / Water / Eau Ethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, P-aminophenol, 2-amino-3-hydroxypyridine, M-aminophenol. Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Sodium Metabisulfite, Thioglycerin, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil, Toluene-2,5-diamine, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil / Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil 2-methyl-5-hydroxyethylaminophenol, Parfum / Fragrance, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Edta, Fil: D212091/1

Usage: Applying Olia: A Sensorial Experience

Olia transforms coloring your hair into a new sensorial experience. The drop-shaped applicator gives you maximum control. Because Olia is ammonia-free, it won't irritate your scalp and there is no harsh ammonia smell. Instead, Olia has a delicate floral scent. And, its non-drip, velvety cream texture helps provide optimal comfort during application.

Follow this step-by-step process when applying color at home:

1) Always do a skin test 48 hours before.
2) Apply to dry, unwashed hair.
3) Apply gloves, pour developer and colorant in mixing jar.
4) Break off the tip and shake the bottle vigorously.
5) Start applying color at the roots, then away from roots to the tips.
6) Extend color through to the ends and massage into hair.
7) Leave formula on for 30 minutes.
8) Massage hair thoroughly before rinsing to optimize rinsing process.
9) Rinse hair thoroughly until water runs clear.
10) Apply conditioner after color and leave on for two minutes, then rinse thoroughly.

Jessica J.
New Smyrna Beach, FL
I personally think this hair dye has pros and cons and it really depends on what your looking for. I only dyed the ends of my hair. After I had dyed it and let it dry completely, I couldn’t even tell that I had died it. So I did it gains because I had a ton left because of how little hair I did. Instead of leaving it in for 30 mins like recommended, I left it in for an hour. The color was so faint on my hair and it didn’t stick in certain places, not like I missed them though. It looked like I didn’t put any on my hair closer to the front, but I know that I did both times. So with what was left, which was quite a bit, I did it again and I though it looked better but the next morning, it looked like it had faded. I personally wish the color was brighter because I’m not going to dye my hair for it to not show. However, I didn’t notice a smell the entire time, which I love so much. The color is unique and pretty on the packaging, but it’s not really what I got, especially just on the first try. I would probably use this dye if it was a darker color or I wasn’t going for a bright color. And my hair is pretty light blonde, so I wouldn’t try with medium or dark blonde hair, it would probably not show.
Ber T.
Decatur, GA
I was super excited to try out this pretty rose gold color. I enlisted the help of my beauty buddy to assist and make sure I got all the hard to reach places. I’ll start off first with the pros: this dye smelled great, instructions were clear and concise, gloves and all necessary pieces were also included. The dye mixed easily and was easy to apply all over my head. The dye rinsed out easily once processing time was done and didn’t overly dry my hair. The cons....it turned my medium blonde hair orange. And not a flattering shade of orange (though I doubt a flattering shade of orange hair even exists). There were some parts that definitely had the pinkish hue to them, but the majority of my root area turned a burnt orange color. It’s taken several processes and many hours over the past two days to try and bring my hair color back to an acceptable shade. Not sure if the lack of chemicals had an effect on that result or that my hair had been previously lightened (however that was several months ago). Overall, It seems like a nice attempt at an at-home color kit but an ultimate fail for me. I truly loved the shade on the box, maybe I’ll try again later, but prob with a different product.
Jessica N.
Proctorville, OH
First of all I was really excited to get this color,it is sooo pretty on the box.I have medium brown hair with pretty pale blonde highlights.I figured that this would turn the highlights a pretty pink,though I knew it wouldn’t do anything to my natural hair.The mixing was really easy,just follow the directions on the insert.Application is pretty simple as well,just make sure to thoroughly coat all your hair.Ive dyed my hair a lot and this was a good formula.The color didn’t do as much as I’d expected to my hair,which made me sad.It ended up being a just a very slight pink tint,it’s not bad though(as you can see from the picture).Out in the sun you can see it better.Overall it left my hair feeling very soft,like I’d used a deep conditioner.If I were going to use this type of color again I’d definitely lighten my hair all over first.Id definitely purchase garnier hair dye again.The ease of use and way it left my hair feeling like it was in better shape than when I started make me certain of that.
Andra D.
I just tried this Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color 8.22 Medium Rose Gold out last night and it has a very pleasant smell, a great consistency for easy application. I even loved the gloves included being black and stronger than other box brands. The color was looking just like the box while on and I even had my daughter helping me comb it through and super saturate the hair. Then I rinsed it after letting it sit on even a little more than the 30 minutes it calls for. Upon rinsing it the water looked really purple, which when rinsing any haircolor the water is supposed to have the color in it, but after I was done I looked in the mirror and it looked almost exactly like my hair before I colored it. I'm not sure if it was due to my hair being previously colored or not, but it's ok you live and learn. It was after all free to try and it was a fun experience for my daughter to help me color my hair! I still would recommend this product as I'm sure if your hair hasn't been colored in the past few months and it's in the right color range the Rose part of the Rose Gold would show up or stay. I thank influenster and Garnier for the great opportunity to try this product!
#gotitfree #complimentary #influenster
Hannah J.
I got this product in my VoxBox, and I was really excited to try it out. The color on the box is pretty, but it just didn't stick. My hair is naturally dark/medium reddish blonde, and about an inch at the roots were natural. The rest of my hair is like a level 10 bleached blonde. The color ended up a strange pinkish hue at my roots, and left pale pink streaks and tint in the rest if my hair. I normally use professional color and bleach, so this was a little different, and I wasn't fond of the application process and lack of control over the developer. Overall, I gave it 3 stars because it was very gentle, and left my hair very soft. The color was disappointing, everywhere but the roots which is unfortunate. I will likely not buy this product or use it again. (I will stick to professional color from Sally's). (Note to new home dyers: wait at least 48-72 hours after coloring/conditioning to wash your hair. Colors with a lot of red tend to fade much faster so the longer you wait the better. I wasn't happy with the color and washed it the next day, and it faded considerably). Another note, if you have previously colored/bleached hair any new color won't stick as well, because your hair is less porous. Going darker is your best bet.
Heather K.
Glen Mills , PA
I am so sad because I was really hoping this color would work. The product went on nicely and easily. It was thick and creamy and covered my thick hair really evenly. My natural color is dark blonde/light brown so the expected outcome was supposed to be a darker rose gold but I don’t see any rose gold tint at all. My hair is a little lighter but not very noticeable. I had such high hopes. *Influenster provided this product complimentary in order for testing purposes* (pictures taken in same light, in same room, for consistency)
Brittney M.
Blissfield, MI
I got the Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color 822 Medium Rose Gold complimentary in my VoxBox and used it immediately. I loved the color on the front of the box, but my hair definitely did not turn as pigmented as the box, although I love how my hair actually turned out. It just lightened it a little, and added an orangish (very light) tint to it. Seems like very mixed results for those who have tried it, so if you’re a little adventurous, this is great!
Ivonne R.
Houston , TX
I was excited about the color because who doesn’t like rose gold?!? Lol instructions are very simple and also gives you a color outcome so I was aware that it wasn’t going to come out as what it showed in the box since I do have dark brown hair but I decided to give it a try and well it looks okay. To be honest I’m surprised it sticked on my roots! So if you have dark hair it’s going to end up looking a bit reddish? I would recommend this for blondes or light brown headed people lol
meghmik h.
N Hollywood, CA
This hair color has three steps and it comes with a glove. Everything you need to color your hair comes with this product except the brush and the coloring bowl. It is very easy to apply this hair color and the instructions are very easy to follow. The product also smells great. The color turned out good because I had my hair bleached and it came out the rose gold. If I had applied this to my brown hair it might not have come out the nice color that I have now. If you have dark hair bleaching might require.
McKell H.
I was so excited when I got this product to try free from Influenster. Sadly, I was pretty disappointed. I received the rose gold color and was so excited to try it on my naturally blonde hair. After waiting the full amount of time before rinsing it out, the color was gone. I have maybe two streaks in my hair that worked. The rest of my hair is still my same color. I did like the smell as well as the consistency of the formula. I don’t feel like my hair is damaged by any means. But I really wish this would have had a little more pigment.