Beauty Junkie Expert
Which is better, this gel or Clinique Moisture Surge?
Melissa G.
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
1 year, 1 month ago
I'm sorry but I don't think this is any where as good as Clinique. This is drying my skin out and I regret buying it.
Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.
2 years, 6 months ago
Clinique!!!
Sabrina D.
Sabrina D.
2 years, 7 months ago
I like the gel better …but thats my opinion
Teresa R.
Teresa R.
2 years, 9 months ago
The main difference is really the price. The Garnier moisturizing gels cost under seven dollars, whereas the Clinique Surge moisturizer is nearly forty dollars. That's a huge difference for comparable products. They both moisturize really well and are great for acne-prone skin. They both absorb really quickly into the skin and keep your face moisturized for long periods of time. If you use too much of either of them, your skin can feel slightly tacky (which isn't always a bad thing if you're going to be wearing makeup). The Garnier gel has a bit of a scent, but in my opinion, it's light and pleasant. Overall, I would say it just depends how much money you're willing to spend in order to have a high-end brand. They're both great moisturizers with very similar results.
Samantha B.
Samantha B.
Harding, PA
2 years, 9 months ago
I really love this procudt and it's a pretty good dupe for the Moisture Surge. I have dry skin so I prefer the gel cream for dry skin. The scent is very different from Clinique's but I don't find it off putting. It absorbs into my skin very well and has a cooling sensation. I don't experience the soapy feel as mentioned above. I really love this product.
Lore B.
Lore B.
3 years ago
I've been a Clinique Moisture Surge user for years. I decided to try this one to save a little money. The results might be very similar. However, this one has a sort of soapy smell and feels slightly sticky immediately after you apply it. The Clinique gel doesn't really have a smell and goes on without the stickiness. So I guess it depends which qualities you like better. If you don't mind the smell, the price is definitely right for the Garnier!
Neen B.
Neen B.
3 years, 2 months ago
Definitely recommend the garnier.
3 years, 3 months ago