BY GARNIER #60 in Facial Moisturizers

Locks-in moisture and blocks out dryness unsing a formula with a unique combination of pure antioxidant fruit water extract and skin conditioning vitamin E. It helps replenish skin s moisture reserves and fights off dryness. Its ultra-lightweight, oil-free, refreshing gel-cream formula instantly penetrates for long-lasting moisture and boosts skin s defenses as it holds moisture for 24 hours. ; see more...

• How highly do y'all recommend this product ? Would love to know o...3 Answers
  • Is this a good drugstore moisturizer? If not, any recommendations?2 Answers
  • Is there a big difference between this moisturizer or the pink one??3 Answers
  • "Doesn't have a greasy feel, very light and blends in quickly." in 6 reviews
  • "But thankfully you quickly learn that a little goes a long way and considering the consistency of a gel, it is very refreshing and cooling to the skin." in 6 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way, the price was great, and it smells light and nice." in 5 reviews
Lauren W.
Indiana, PA
I have combination skin and a fear of feeling sticky/greasy, so with that being said, finding a good moisturizer is always a challenge for me. Before finding this product, I would often go without - which lead to poor makeup application and sad skin. A couple of months ago, before this cold PA winter really set in, I was asking around about good moisturizers for somebody with my skin type. A friend suggested Garnier Moisture Rescue.

Now, I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical at first. I didn't really have past experience with Garnier skin products so I didn't know how reliable the product could be. It's a little over $6 at Walmart so I figured I'd give it a shot. Boy am I glad that I did! This gel cream goes on so smoothly and absorbs so quickly that you don't even really feel like you've just applied a moisturizer. That is, until you've used it a few times and your skin is so soft and glowy that you can't even believe it! I use it at night and in the morning before I apply makeup and I can honestly say that it has saved my skin this winter without making me regret using it. I don't think I could ever replace this moisturizer in my routine - it's an absolute MUST-HAVE. Bravo, Garnier!  Garnier Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue Refresher Gel-Cream
Jackie G.
Garnet Valley, PA
I've been looking for the perfect moisturizer for a little while...putting it off and putting it off, not wanting to spend the money until I found the right thing.  I have combination skin, and I can't stand the greasy feeling of lotion on my face. So, I don't often splurge on luxury moisturizers or lotions, for fear of spending too much and not being able to use the product. I'm so picky about them! Well, I couldn't wait any longer, because my combo skin is now extra dry this winter with the current harsh cold temps in the Northeast. I had heard about gel creams a little while ago and they sounded like they were right for me. I saw this at the drugstore the other day, after scouring the shelves, and this product really stood out to me. This formula is specifically for combo/normal skin, and it's oil free. I'm really into the more recent surge of companies and brands making products specific to skin type. It makes a big difference. Good job Garnier! This gel cream is so soft and light to the touch and on my skin. I can put a healthy glob on my face and neck and not feel overpowered as if it were resting on top of my skin and making me greasy. It absorbs really well. The scent of this is nice, too! It's not too strong, just pleasant and fresh. Like cucumbers. The green color of the gel and packaging is pleasing to me too...something about the color and look is soothing and gives off a luxury/spa feel. I'm so into this product, and I haven't been able to say that about a moisturizer in a while. It's extremely affordable, and it does for me what it claims. I definitely recommend trying this if you have combo or oily skin...especially for the winter time after taking a hot shower! I will report back with an update after using it for a bit longer.
Samantha K.
Minneapolis, MN
I was skeptical at first, a gel moisturizer seems odd to me, but I was blown away! It doesn't take a lot to pack a powerful punch! When I start with a new product, I always start with applying just a little bit, then add a little more until I feel that my face is covered, and I was incredibly shocked at how little it took! Unlike the cream moisturizers I have been using, this spreads really well, and it seems that the heat from my skin/finger tips loosens up the gel to help it apply more evenly.  I live in the Midwest and the winters wreck havoc on my skin, to the point where I was applying lotion in the office multiple times while running errands. I recently bought this product on a whim and I LOVE IT! It smells clean, is incredibly light weight and my face has NEVER looked so moisturized!
Breanna H.
SO GOOD!! I’m really surprised I don’t hear about this more often! I think this is 99% dupe for Clinique’s Moisture Surge! I would say the Clinique one is a tiny bit creamier - but $7.99 compared to $30 + how can you beat that?? I love using this in morning before applying makeup. It’s hydrating, refreshing, and is a great base for primer and foundation. Does not make me greasy or oily at all! I actually prefer this to the popular Belief Aqua Bomb! This one feels way more hydrating. I got mine in the Normal/Combo version, and next I would love to try the Dry version. I will definitely be repurchasing this!!
afton h.
If you have oily skin this moisturizer is amazing. It hydrates skin really well and for a long time. I especially love putting it on my neck because its a lightwieght super effective boost to keep skin healthy, especially after wearing makeup all day. Its so refreshing and smells so subtle. I love that its a gel and not a cream or lotion consistency. Its also really affordable. I got mine at target for six dollars and it lasts around 3 months depending on how much you use. I love that its in a little jar. So it doesnt waste product.
Chanel R.
So I am currently 7 months pregnant. So I have awful hormones imbalance that caused my face and chest to breakout like crazy. Before being pregnant I had combination skin and was using a higher end face cream that. I decided to use this instead because the other cream was leaving my face too greasy. But this is wonderful, it leaves your skin subtle soft and controls my t zone area of oils. I love this. It's also very refreshing and little goes a long way. I will continue using this with my entire skin care routine. (I use tea tree oil in combination with this cream for my pimples and it has nearly vanished them) absolutely love this.
Marian P.
EL Paso, TX
This is my holy Grail for drug store moisturizers.y skin randomly became drier than the Sahara Desert at the beginning of this month and within a week of using this it was revived. It's light weight and silky. I lover that it doesn't make you feel like you're clogging up your pore like some heavier moisturizers tend to do. I use this in the mornings and before bed, after my normal skin care routine. For the first time in a long while my skin has an all around normal skin type without a single dry patch to be seen. A moisturizer that is this low a price and does not make you break out is definitely a must have.
Brandee M.
ROCHESTER, NY
Neutrogena makes amazing moisturizers in my opinion. I am on my second jar of this moisturizer and I think I will continue to use it. This moisturizer doesn’t clog my pores and the gel-cream formula is perfect for my combo skin. My skin loves this moisturizer, it soaks it right up. I love applying before makeup, after cleansing and right before bed. Also this one is pretty inexpensive and everyone loves a great product for an awesome price!
Ashley S.
Derry, PA
This is my holy grail moisturizer in the winter months!! I have only to combo skin and it g gets more combination in the winter and this moisturizer keeps all the dryness at bay! It's so cooling on the skin once you put it on and then melts into the skin. I don't see a huge change in my only t-zone when using this, but it's nothing that a mattifying primer can't fix!!
Talia B.
Thousand Plms, CA
I’ve been using this gel cream for a few days now and it is very comfortable. Doesn’t leave an odd film feeling on the skin and is hydrating in all the best ways. I have extremely dry skin and this quenches it’s thirst. I do need a little more moisture so I will try the dry skin varieties later. I recommend this to someone with oily skin it will work beautifully for you.
Hannah A.
Which is better, this gel or Clinique Moisture Surge?
Paola G.
Laredo, TX
I've been looking for this cream. I was wondering if these moisturizer is good for oily/ acne prone skin. I want that refreshing feeling on my skin. Also if there's any benefits to using this moisturizer like anti aging. Fights wrinkles and doesn't clog pores.
anastacia m.
I have extremely dry skin and I kind of want to try this but it's sort of out of my budget. I want to make sure that it works on dry skin before I go out of my way to buy it. does anyone with really dry skin have any info on this?
Amanda Z.
Grand Rapids, MI
Does anyone else have a burning sensation when you put this on your face? It doesn't seem to be breaking me out, but it burns! Ouch!
Does it leave a sticky feeling afterwards?