BY GARNIER

Do you have Ultra Stubborn Grays? Get Ultra Coverage.

New Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Coverage with Cover+ Technology leaves no gray behind. It targets and erases your most stubborn grays with deep, neutral pigments and provides maximum coverage while mimicking hair’s highs and lows with balanced reflects. The result? Rich, seamless color. Then, lock in moisture with our after color conditioner, infused with avocado, olive, and shea oils. Nutrisse Ultra Coverage is easy to use, smells great, and does not drip. See for yourself why nourished hair means better color and ultra coverage.

• Anyone think this works better than a salon hair dye for covering...2 Answers
Alysha M.
I received the Spiced Hazelnut shade of Garnier Nutrisse's Ultra Coverage Nourishing Color Creme Permanent Hair Color. According to the description, it's a deep, light, natural brown. After using the product, I think the color was accurate as far as what was pictured on the box.

I like that it contains Avocado, Olive, and Shea Oils to help with the thorough moisturization of your hair. In my opinion, the Grapeseed Fruit Oil Ampoule smelled amazing.

The application was a fairly easy process, at least based on the instructions provided. I noticed that my hair felt softer after I used all 4 components (creme developer, nourishing color creme, fruit oil ampoule, and nourishing conditioner). However, I think that there were way too many ingredients in the colorant and rinse-out conditioner.

Overall, my experience was very disappointing. I noticed no major benefits to using this Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Coverage Nourishing Color Creme Permanent Hair Color. I will continue to use competing products that actually stick/adhere to my hair properly.

Please note: I received this product from Influenster for testing purposes. All opinions are my own.
Shanda H.
I would like to start off saying that I got this product complimentary for a review of this product. Saying that, it in no way impacts my true and honest review of this product. When I received this product I was so excited to try it. Unfortunately, there was NO way this little box was going to cover my beyond shoulder length and thick hair. I still wanted to review it properly, though, and give my input since I said I would try it. My boyfriend has grays and similar hair coloring to mine, so him being my gracious test subject, we proceeded to dye his hair. I’ve included both before and after pictures for your reference.

The first thing I noticed was the box, it was colorful, and the model on the front made the color look beautiful. I couldn’t wait to see the results.

I cracked open the box, and upon opening there was a bottle with developer, the color tube, a fruit oil to add to the color, a conditioner for after coloring, and gloves were also included inside of the instructions.

I added the color to the developer bottle, along with the fruit oil, and right away noticed a very strong smell. It had some fruity smell, but it was definitely a strong chemical smell added among the fruity smell. We decided to open the window to filter some of the chemical smell out. I think the strong smell could be improved upon.

After shaking the color in the bottle, I used the phalange of the bottle to apply the color to his roots. After that, I worked it through to his ends and let it sit the required time.

After washing, my boyfriend said his scalp was sensitive to the touch when washing. He also stated for about two days his scalp was sensitive, but it wasn’t unbearable. So, in saying that if you have a sensitive scalp, you may want to find a different more gentle hair dye.

We dried his hair, and upon first sight I could see it took his hair to a reddish/golden brown hue, for sure! My hair pulls a lot of red, so I knew if I had applied this particular color on my hair, it would have pulled very red. I’m guessing this is why part of the name of this particular color is ‘spice’ because it does add red and golden tones. So, if you’re looking into this color know that before going into it, and if your hair pulls red and you don’t want that, I would steer clear of this particular color.

The plus, as you can see in the photos, is that he has some grays around his sideburns and the dye definitely covered those grays and blended them beautifully. I’m looking at his hair now, and I only see one small gray hair that it for some reason didn’t color, but it did excellent overall. I would say this color would be great for someone needing to blend their grays or to cover them completely. That was the best thing about this product for sure as I know it’s hard to cover stubborn grey hair!

I will say I didn’t notice any damage to his hair, and his hair was soft and shiny after he got out of the shower.

Overall, I would say this is a good hair dye for covering grays. I took two stars off because the smell was too chemical like for my tastes and for the sensitivity it caused to his scalp. I personally have dyed my hair a lot in the past and I think this is one of the stronger smelling ones that I’ve tried. If you have grey hair to cover, I would definitely recommend! It did great for that!
Jaci T.
I received this complimentary product from Influenster to review and I'm so glad!

I was excited to try this because I have always dyed my hair using store-bought hair dye, but never used Garnier brand before.  The instructions were really easy, and pretty typical for at-home kits.  This formula included a packet of avocado oil to mix along with the color creme and dye tube.  After mixing up the ingredients, I applied it to my hair and left it in for 30 minutes, as some portions of my hair had been previously bleached.  The formula didn't itch or burn, which is definitely a plus!

The conditioner that was provided came in a small bottle, unlike the usual mini tubes I've used.  I really liked the way it smelled.  It was a good consistency, but I didn't feel like my hair felt any smoother or softer than it does with other dye-kit conditioners.  I also don't think the avocado oil made any difference.  After using my salon quality conditioner, my hair was back to being soft.

The color is gorgeous!  It provided even color over my natural hair color and the bleached portions.  I love it and would definitely use it again.  I can't wait to try the other colors!

Tamitha S.
Acworth, GA
I recently received a FREE nutrisse ultra coverage box complimentary from Influenster in spiced hazelnut. My hair has been dyed a dark brown but my hair has been coming in at a lighter shade than the colored hair. I was looking for something that could blend the 2 color and still look natural. With 3 small children and a full time job, getting to a salon has been a challenge.

Garnier nutrisse states that it would have a pleasant smell but I still got a small hint of that chemical smell (but not to bad). It had very good detailed instructions on how to apply for both touch ups and full coverage. I opted for full coverage. Afterwards, my hair did have a very pleasant smell (dispose the chemical smell from when I first applied) and it was soft, smooth and vibrant. Overall, I was pleased with the coverage!! You couldn’t really tell a color difference unless you were looking for it! It blended the lighter roots with the darker ends and in certain light it gives off a subtle ombré look. I have added the before, during and after (I’m wearing a blue top in the after photo) for you to see the results.
Ashley L.
I’ve worked in the beauty business specializing in nails and hair for many years. Telling a client that it’s ok to use box hair dye was way against what we are supposed to do. Being a stay at home mom now though I completely understand not having the time or money to sit in a salon and get your hair done. With that being said I would definitely recommend using Garnier hair dye products. They smell great when you wash them out. It leaves your hair feeling smooth which is usually rare after using hair dye of course (depending on which kind) and the color comes out vibrant. If you applied it correctly it comes out evenly as well. I can rave about this product. If you’re looking for a change in hair color and you’re looking for the perfect box hair color then look no further. Go with Garnier!
Stephanie S.
Medford, OR
I got to try Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Coverage: Spiced Hazelnut, Deep Light Natural Brown for free! It was simple to use, the instructions are clear, including with each bottle clearly labeled so you can follow step by step instructions and comes with all you need other then time and a place to rinse your hair! I used this in the bathroom so i could uae the mirror and needed to open a window to ventilate the area as the smell seemed to over power making it hard to breathe and burn my eyes a bit. I left the bathroom for a more ventilated area and waited the recommended 25 minutes for the little to no gray and proceeded to wash it out as the instructions suggest. It was easy to rinse and didn't take much time then when using the conditioner it made my hair feel and smell so nice! No one noticed that I had colored my hair and I work with kids who notice everything. That was nice if you want to do this to where you can hide the grays with out bringing attention to yourself. I WAS NOT COMPENSATED FOR THIS POST; HOWEVER, I AM CREATING THIS POST AS PART OF A CONTEST
Christian H.
Sugar Hill, GA
I don’t have any greys to cover but feel like it would of done an excellent job. The chemical smell wasn’t nearly as bad as some hair dyes and didn’t stain my scalp. The conditioner made my hair so soft. I don’t notice much difference from my natural color which is good but I had a lot more volume afterwards. I’d use this product again! The only complaint I had was the gloves were too big and kept coming off and making it hard to mix the products
I received this product free for testing purposes
Elsie C.
When I received this, I was unable to review it immediately, as it's so close to my own natural hair color.  However, my mom was in need of new hair dye, and since this is also meant to cover gray hair, she was thrilled to try this out.

The first thing I noticed when using this is that it doesn't smell that bad.  It has that nose-stinging hair dye smell, but much less than a product that involves a fair amount of bleach, and the fruit oil gives it a nice smell that helps cut through the sting.

The instructions are easy to understand and follow, and there's more than enough product to cover a head of short hair.  We were both surprised by how quickly the water ran clear as well - it seems other dyes don't adhere quite as well.  This makes cleanup incredibly easy - no need to worry about staining the bathtub or a white towel.

Overall, it beautifully colored not only her gray hairs, but the remnants of her last dye job, so everything looks natural and even.
Brooksann S.
Bainbridge, OH
I recieved this product free from influenster to try and give back what I think about it! It's a very pretty color and I must say that you get all kinds of product in the bottle! I had so much left over that I didnt want to waste so I kept pouring it  on my head!  My hair before the color was like a deep deep burgandy and I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out!  Well needless to say it wiped out all my red and gave me this brown look! I was okay with that! I have been a burgandy head for a couple years now! But Thank you influenster beacuse i think i found me color that is closet to my natural hair color!!
Jackie M.
Indiana, PA
This product did what it was supposed to do, coloring my hair a beautiful dark brown color and effectively covering all of my (many) grays. The scent was very pleasant (as are most Garnier products) and it was also easy to clean up afterwards. The only thing at all that I noticed that made me give 4 stars instead of 5 is the fact that oddly enough the conditioner that comes with the product was nothing to really write home about, which did surprise me a bit considering the conditioners that are usually included in an at home kit like this are typically ultra nourishing and hydrating. Other than that this is a great product that I would recommend.
Lauren K.
Anyone think this works better than a salon hair dye for covering gray hair?