BY GARNIER #38 in Permanent Hair Color

Shade: 200 - Black Sesame

Permanent, Nourishing Color Creme with Three Fruit oils - Avocado, Olive, and Shea

Experience Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Coverage Nourishing Color Creme, the hair color that not only gives you rich, radiant color for silkier, shinier hair but is the first at-home hair color with CoverPlus Technology specifically formulated for 100% grey coverage on hard-to-cover, ultra-resistant grays. Deep, neutral pigments flood stubborn grey hair for maximum coverage while balanced reflects mimic hair's highs and lows.

Lock in moisture for nourished hair with its creamy after color conditioner infused with avocado, olive, and shea oils.

Nutrisse Ultra Coverage is easy to use, smells great, does not drip. See for yourself why nourished hair means better color.

How to use:

Applying Nutrisse: Nourished Hair means Better Color Garnier Nutrisse Hair Color nourishes while it colors with a rich, non drip creme formula, and with an ampoule of grape seed oil, it smells great while you apply. Follow this step-by-step process when applying color at home: 1) Always do a skin test 48 hours before. 2) Apply to dry, unwashed hair. 3) Apply gloves, squeeze colorant (tube b) into developer bottle (a). 4) Break off the tip and shake the bottle vigorously. 5) Start applying color at the roots, then away from roots to the tips. 6) Extend color through the ends, and massage into hair. 7) Leave formula on for 25 minutes or 30 minutes if you have lots of gray hair or resistant/coarse hair. 8) Massage hair thoroughly before rinsing to optimize rinsing process. 9) Rinse hair thoroughly until water runs clear. 10) Apply conditioner after color and leave on for two minutes, then rinse thoroughly. See our How-To videos for detailed instructions on how to apply.

Colorant: Aqua / Water / Eau Cetearyl Alcohol Propylene Glycol Deceth-3 Laureth-12 Ammonium Hydroxide Oleth-30 Lauric Acid Hexadimethrine Chloride Glycol Distearate Toluene-2,5-diamine Polyquaternium-22 Ethanolamine Silica Dimethyl Silylate Parfum / Fragrance M-aminophenol Resorcinol Sodium Metabisulfite Carbomer N,N-bis(2-hydroxyethyl)-p-phenylenediamine Sulfate Ascorbic Acid 2,4-diaminophenoxyethanol Hcl Edta Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil / Grape Seed Oil Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide Thioglycerin Dimethicone Tocopherol Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract Fil D211737/1 Nutrisse Developer: Aqua / Water / Eau Hydrogen Peroxide Cetearyl Alcohol Trideceth-2 Carboxamide Mea Ceteareth-25 Glycerin Tetrasodium Etidronate Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate Sodium Salicylate Phosphoric Acid Fil D209745/1 Nutrisse Ampoule: Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil / Grape Seed Oil: Parfum / Fragrance Tocopherol Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract Fil D25829/6

Buy on Target*
Nicole A.
Las Vegas, NV
1st off let me start off by saying I received this Garnier hair color courtesy of influencer for testing purposes!!🙆🙆🙆
Garner has always been my choice for at home hair color for the last few years or so. I love the fact that Garnier hair color contains more natural ingredients and does not smell nearly as harsh or burn my scalp like other at-home hair dyes!
Since my early early 20s 😢😢 I've had gray hair that of course has continued to get worse with age. If I let my natural hair grow out I'm probably over 70% gray!!!
I stopped using the salon years ago because I have long thick hair past my bottom and it became to pricey!!
I also was a blond for almost 15 years until I decided to make the switch to at home hair color!!
I stay between black or dark burgundy for the last 6 years or so!
I'm so glad Garnier Nutrisse decided to make an ultra coverage at home hair color, I received the shade black sesame #200!!
Let me tell you I'm quite impressed with the results! Not only do I get the same Garnier formula I've grown to love so much over the years but now it guarantees even more gray hair coverage🙆🙆 I have patches of hair that are highly resistant to hair dye even when using my normal Garnier, However this formula GOT THEM!! The color itself is a beautiful soft black the formula is super comfortable to use!! I have a disease that causes me to have a horrible dry scalp with sores that become very irritated and painful!! Garnier Nutrisse hair dye does not flare up my scalp issues, it's the only at home hair dye on the market that does not cause my scalp to flare up!!
It rinses out clean and leaves my hair super soft and shiny!! The application of darker hair color can be a bit messy so I suggest using either a bit of conditioner or Vaseline around your hair line and ear area!!
Overall the quality of Garnier can't be beat and now with a stronger formula that contains Ultra coverage I will struggle less with covering the few strays of Grey that are left over!!!
My only suggestion and this goes for ANY at home hair dye is that I wish Garnier especially since it's my favorite would make a bigger bottle for people with extremely long hair like I have!! That would eliminate the frustration when you do go to buy at home hair dye and they only have one box of your shade!!!! Garnier continues to make great affordable hair products yet again👏👏 This will now be my new formula!!!
Lucy L.
Seattle, WA
This is the first time I've self-colored hair at home, and I was amazed at how easy it was. I was sent the color Soft Black by Influenster for testing purposes. My intent was to try it out to cover what's left of my balayage highlights. The color is now only at the ends and I wanted to tide myself over for my next cut and/or color appointment.

The kit comes with 4 components that are clearly labeled and explained in the instructions. I was able to mix the ingredients and apply with ease. I was skeptical that the color would be too dark for my very very dark brown but not quite black hair, but I think it turned out pretty natural looking (See picture for before and after...the color at the bottom of the images is my natural color). Since I only used it on my ends I can't say much about how it works for roots or how it reacts with the scalp.

The texture of my hair feels great as well. I was nervous about applying chemicals to my ends (since they are prone to splitting) but with the addition of the included conditioning treatment, my hair actually feels softer than before!

After the first shampoo the color has remained in place as well. I don't know if I'll be a regular user of this product and have no experience with competing products, but I can say that for a drugstore item that really doesn't cost much, it's a great product and is worth trying!
T M.
Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Hair Color Creme dramatically transforms naturally dark hair with ultra reflective tones. Choose from Ultra Light Blondes, Ultra Intense Reds and Burgundies, Ultra Lightening Browns, and Ultra Reflective Blacks. Ultra Light Blondes take dark brunettes to blonde without bleach, Ultra Intense Reds and Ultra Intense Burgundies offer vibrant red tones for darker hair, Ultra Lightening Browns lift dark hair up to three shades lighter without the brassiness, and Ultra Reflective Blacks transform even the darkest hair with visibly reflective, shiny tones. Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Hair Color Creme comes with an ampoule of grapeseed oil to start nourishing hair while you color because nourished hair means better color. The non-drip hair color formula spreads easily and the after-color conditioner is infused with 3 fruit oils--avocado, olive and shea--for silkier, shinier, more nourished hair. Packaging may vary, what you receive may not be what is reflected on site.

Permanent, nourishing hair color creme with three fruit oils- avocado, olive, and shea
The only hair color creme with a separate ampoule of grape seed oil to start nourishing as you color
Intensity-enhancing color boost technology transforms even the darkest bases
deidre s.
Council Blfs, IA
I was a tad skeptical before trying this product , but It ended up exceeding my expectations! Not only did this hair color have a nice scent instead of over powering like most but the color came out a lovely deep shade it also covered up all my gray areas through my hair! Most importantly the color still stands strong with minimal to no fading! Which is why I was skeptical at first my previous encounters with boxed hair dye have been not the best because the color fades too soon. I would definitely recommend this product especially for people with trouble areas of gray through out their hair. Thank you influenster and thank you garnier for allowing me to sample such a quality product ! [product:garnier-nutrisse-ultra-coverage:-black-sesame,-deep-soft-black]
Jackie M.
Indiana, PA
Although I cannot speak to the longevity of this product because I've only just colored my hair, I do feel that the product is one of the best I have tried (and I would say that I have tried many over the years!). I feel that the color came out as expected and more impressive than anything else was the fact that my grays are completely covered! The only thing that did end up making me a bit nervous was the fact that I could see many strands of my hair in the drain as I was washing out the color after application. Once I was able to brush out my hair, however, I was able to determine that it was a normal amount of shedding rather than what I had originally feared, which was that it might be an excessive amount. I also really really appreciated the fact that although I have very long hair, one box did the trick and there was even a small amount left over after I was finished fully applying the product. I also rather enjoyed the conditioner that was included in this kit, as it did deeply condition my hair quite nicely and that has always been important to me when purchasing a product like this in the past. Even though this experience reminded me of why I usually pay someone else to color my hair for me, I would absolutely recommend this product to others who enjoy coloring their hair at home! I received this product from Influenster to test out for free ~I absolutely form my opinions in an unbiased and honest manner whether a product has been given to me to review or whether I have purchased it on my own.
Katy R.
Spring, TX
I recieved this from Influenster. I have used and genuinely loved this dye in the past. I recieved a dark Dita Von Teese black which I have dyed my hair many times over the years, but as I've gotten older I find I lean more towards natural Espresso-ish shades. Putting that aside, this covered my white hairs beautifully. I was so blessed to skip graying all together and just sprouted straight up white hairs! 😫 They are crazy hard to cover but so far this seems to hold pretty well. After a week or so of washes the intensity has faded to a more natural black, which I prefer. My hair doesn't feel like it was very damaging. I would recommend this and will likely use it again. Thanks Influenster and Garnier!
Amber K.
Westmont, IL
I received this product to review from influenster. One of the first things I noticed was the packaging was awesome. Most at Home brands come with a small tear open pouch or tube of conditioner to use with this. This one had a fairly decent sized sample bottle that I was able to get multiple uses out of. Once I mixed all of the products together the result actually smelled kind of nice. This was a welcomed surprise as my bathroom is kind of small and it’s often over whelming. The product had a nice thick consistency and didn’t run off as I was trying to work with it. It was very very easy to use. I have very very long thick hair, and a lot of it and the one bottle was enough to color all of my hair. Most brands I need at least two! I also found that it was quite easy to clean off of my skin. I have a lot of grey hair up front. It did a really good job of coloring all of it. In addition, the color was uniform through my hair. Sometimes I find that they grey turns out a separate color from my natural hair. This was not the case. I colored my hair three weeks ago now, and I have seen no fading What so ever! All of my hair hair is exactly as it was the first day I colored it. I also found that it gave a lot is shine and dimension to my hair after coloring. I would highly recommend this product. In fact, I think I’ll be switching brands.
Jenna P.
Cheswick , PA
This was the single most covering and nourishing Hair color I have ever used in my life. I absolutely love the shade of black( yes black does have Shades LOL). It covered all of my Gray's in one go, left my hair feeling smooth silky, and better than before being colored. And to tell you the truth, my hair looks and feels thicker and Fuller than it ever did before. Thank you so much for letting me review this.
Aleta H.
Lake Stevens, WA
I dyed my hair with this BEAUTIFUL black color a few weeks ago and it is still going strong! It covers the grey perfectly and is super easy to use. I do wish they came out with an extra large formula or package as there is never enough in one box for my ultra thick hair. I will continue to use Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Coverage in the future. Thanks Influester!
Maria C.
Manchester, NH
Had a great surprise in the mail today! Got my complimentary Garnier dye from Influenster to test out! So you know your girl had to dive right in ( especially since these roots needed lots of help), the coverage is great, I am starting to get some greys and it does a great job at covering them. I am very happy with the color it is very natural ( which is important when dying your hair def do not want it to look fake!!) . Garnier is the best box dye out there, the coverage is amazing and it is so easy to use! Thank you Influenster for my free product!! #complimentary, @Influenster