BY GARNIER #2 in Permanent Hair Color

The Nutrisse Ultra Color series is exclusively designed to transform dark hair with ultra-reflective tones - in just one easy step! Choose from four shade families: Ultra Intense Reds for visibly intense red tones on darker hair, Ultra Lightening Browns to take dark hair up to three shades lighter without the brassiness, Ultra Reflective Blacks to transform even the darkest hair with visibly reflective, shiny tones, and Ultra Lightening Blondes to lighten dark bases up to 4 levels without the brassiness.

How is it different?
Nutrisse Ultra Color has color-boost technology that nourishes while it dramatically lifts even the darkest hair. No bleach!

Is R3 right for me?
Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color R3, "Light Intense Auburn," is the lightest of the three Ultra Color red shades and gives hair a strong red reflect. It is best for anyone with natural hair between medium brown and black. For other options, explore our other two shades: R0 and R2.

*For women with currently colored hair, there are special considerations for the color result you can achieve. Because of this, we do not recommend shade R3 for hair that has been previously bleached, highlighted, hair that is predominantly gray, or if you have previously colored your hair "Medium Brown" or darker. For more help, use our Shade Selector Tool to find the perfect shade for you!

Garnier® Nutrisse® Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme R3 Light Intense Auburn
  • "Loveee thiss color.. ive always colored my hair red .. ever since the first time I colored it red I could never get the red out of my hair.. but this brand never fails.." in 8 reviews
  • "The only con is that you have to rinse your hair for a LONG time after coloring until the water runs clear because the color will bleed." in 7 reviews
  • "ill even get compliments from people asking where I get my hair dyed, all I say is Garnier Nutrisse :) " in 6 reviews
  • "The only down side is it seems like it takes FOREVER to wash out and sometimes I still get dye on my towel even though I rinsed my hair for 45 minutes." in 6 reviews
  • "I used this and I liked it because it keeps your hair healthy and nurished and its very easy to use but the color came out with in a week even with color treatment shampoo I've tried to dye it twice and it just keeps fading " in 5 reviews
Jennifer M.
Meridianville, AL
I recieved a box of Garnier Nutrisse hair dye for free through Influenster's Voxbox program. I have used Garnier Nutrisse hair dye on previous occasions and that is the only reason I gave this 4 stars. I usually do not have as much problems as I had with the R3, Red Hibiscus, dying experience. I have very thick hair and have to use 2 boxes so I bought an additional box from the store to compensate. I originally was not happy with the color until I was done. The color looks very flat on the model. I would not have chosen it myself but I am happy with the outcome so far. The dye job was easy except that in both boxes the fruit oil ampule would not pop open like it is suppose to. I had to hunt down scissors after having gotten fully prepped. I must say that Garnier Nutrisse hair dye is by far the worst smelling hair dye I have used. I rarely ever use it because of this. The chemical smell is so strong it makes my eyes burn and water. I turn both the ceiling fan and a box fan on and still cannot make it even slightly tolerable. One of the gloves broke or had a hole in the thumb and stainded my thumb and thumb nail. It took forever to wash out and even after I washed it out I still had orange dye bleeding EVERYWHERE. My back, the back of my shirt, my bra, and my pillow case are orange. The conditioner does not cover the hair well and I had to use two full bottles where with the other companies I only use half of one. Even with two full bottles I did not feel that it spread to evenly coat my hair. In the end I am liking the color so far. We will see if it goes the dreaded copper color as it fades. The process is similar for creme hair dyes but I still prefer other brands over this one.
Tiffany F.
Winter Haven, FL
Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme R3 Light Intense Auburn arrived at my door complements of Influenster’s Voxbox, free for me try. I was kind of skeptical, because I’m very picky about my hair products and I don’t usually use preboxed dye. But I took a jump and tried it and I have to say I was very impressed! This left a nice color to my hair and left it so soft and bouncy. It also goes pretty far as I generally need 2 boxes and while I probably could have used 2, one did the trick without any blotchyness. The best part is it smells nice, not harsh and burning like a lot of dyes can be. Overall it smelled nice, didn’t burn, and left my hair nice and soft. I was pleasantly surprised and would recommend, it’s definitely a 10/10. I would use this again for in between salon touch ups.
Jasmine M.
Dallas, TX
I did a first impressions review of Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme R3 Light Intense Auburn and took notes as I went along. The mixture melled like salon quality dye to my hubs and I, big plus for me because the burn on my eyes and nose is usually awful. The box came with gloves and I was really impressed with the inclusion of a fruit oil ampoule I felt more confident that my hair was being cared for during the process. I was curious to see how the nourishing color creme affects my hair, dyes normally fry it. Thankfully I don't really see much damage, though I unfortunately did not leave the conditioner in for 2minutes like you're supposed to. I have midback length hair and found that one box was more than enough. My hair is wavy/curly and slightly coarse.
Hanna M.
I got this in my very first voxbox and I fell in love with it immediately. It says on the box it's for a darker base hair which I have naturally brunette very dark brunette hair. I have been a redhead for the last 4 years but been wanting to go lighter but I don't have the money for a salon using this on already dyed hair it lightened it and gave me the color of the morning. I highly recommend this to anybody who wants to dye their hair burgundy it leaves my hair smooth and easy to apply comes with gloves the only thing I recommend is buying a shower cap so you can put your hair up while it's soaks
Kitzen P.
Garnier® Nutrisse® Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme R3 Light Intense Auburn  is a great  bright red. I really like unnatural, insanely bright colours so I thought this would actually be a bit subdued for me. However, it’s really pretty...especially over my already bright red hair! The very best part is there is no dye bleeding all over like there is with semi-permanent vibrant colours that I normally use. The shade is really flattering and the colour goes on very evenly.

#artistcolorshadow #contest #ad #complimentary #free

I WAS NOT COMPENSATED FOR MY POST; HOWEVER, I DID RECEIVE A SAMPLE FOR MY REVIEW. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN AND NOT INFLUENCED IN ANY WAY.
Esther K.
Hyattsville, MD
I got this in a voxbox in color R3 which is an ultra bold red. The application is pretty standard. Mix part a with part b. But then there is a fruit oil to mix in. The package for the oil is annoying. Its supposed to be a snap off package but I couldn't get it to go and had to cut it open. Then it didn't pour smoothly since it is shaped like a drop and the top of the tube is narrow. Application was pretty standard and didn't stain anything in the bathroom. It was a pretty liquidy formula so there was a lot of little drops around. The conditioner it came with was nice and the one bottle covered all of my thick hair.

The color is quite nice! I do a reverse ombre typically so I just covered up the faded blue I had in. It covered really well and the brown also dyed decently. I would purchase this!
Adrianne G.
Torrance, CA
I FREAKING LOVE THIS! And that says A LOT! I always dye my hair. And even finished cosmetology school, so I tried brands from the 99 cent store to name brand/ salon brands. This however is by far my new favorite AT HOME hair dye! It’s the closets thing to salon feeling hair. This comes really detailed instructions, gloves, developer, hair color, an oil to mix with developer and oil, AND a 2 minute conditioner hair treatment/ mask for afterwards. So after getting your very vivid color (EVEN ON A DARK BASE LIKE MYSELF) I also got smooth and soft hair. It feels so healthy I’m shocked! My natural hair color is between a 3 or 4. (Mostly 3) but my ends are bleached and damage, but after using this it feels so perfect. This is VERY similar to salon hair. Trust me, I know what I am talking about (cosmetology school). I think from now on I’m only staying to this and pravana. These are the only two brands I love. I used to use L’Oréal for at home/ boxed dye but this beats that! I LOVE THIS. I already got so many complaints on this. And I love how this wasn’t messy and the dye that got on my skin wasn’t hard to take off. I strongly recommend this. I’m usually not this excited for a product, so you know this is good when I am! So shiny and smooth!
Sara A.
Madison, WI
I received this hair dye for free to review. I was a bit hesitant as I usually use ammonia-free dyes, and I normally need two boxes for my long hair. I was so pleasantly surprised by this product!! The ammonia smell was not too overpowering and I only needed one box!
After dying my hair, I fell in love with this product. The color was vibrant and looked just like the color on the box. Usually I need to deep condition my hair after I dye it, but this dye left my hair wonderfully soft!
I will definitely be buying this product again. I dyed my hair a week ago and have seen almost no fading in the color at all.
I gave this great product 4 stars instead of 5 because of the ammonia smell, which lingered for a day. Everything else about this product was awesome!
Jewel N.
Florissant, MO
So, I was given this complimentary hair color by Garnier Nutrisse to try for free from Influenster. I'm a part of the natural hair crew and this color came out amazingly for me. The instructions and mixing were simple. The smell it's nice, except I would be sure to use it in a well ventilated area. I applied the color and let it sit for about 30 minutes since my hair is dark. If your sensitive or have fine hair, then you should follow the instructions exactly. My hair is soft and well moisturized thanks to the added nourishing oils. I'll definitely use this happy color again!
Lindsey B.
Muskegon, MI
This is a great at home hair color. I tried the Garnier® Nutrisse® Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme R3 Light Intense Auburn. I was impressed how well it worked on a darker base color like I have. The directions were extremely easy to follow. The result was very vibrant and really pretty. The hair color left my hair very soft and smelling great. It was very moisturizing and did not dry out my hair at all. The only minor drawback that I had was I had to rinse my hair for a long time to get the water to run clear or it would bleed. Some hair colors can bother my sensitive skin, but this one did not. I will definitely purchase again and hope to try out some of the other colors as well.

Sagal M.
Boston , MA
Is this good?
DAICY C.
Has anyone tried it, and did it work?
Apryl K.
Trenton, MI
How long should I expect the color to stay before it starts to fade? Would anyone recommend something better when going red?
Ashleigh H.
NEW ORLEANS, LA
Is this hair color moisturizing? Or does it dry your hair out?
April B.