BY GARNIER #2 in Hair Color

Shade: R3 - Light Intense Auburn

The Nutrisse Ultra Color series is exclusively designed to transform dark hair with ultra-reflective tones - in just one easy step! Choose from four shade families: Ultra Intense Reds for visibly intense red tones on darker hair, Ultra Lightening Browns to take dark hair up to three shades lighter without the brassiness, Ultra Reflective Blacks to transform even the darkest hair with visibly reflective, shiny tones, and Ultra Lightening Blondes to lighten dark bases up to 4 levels without the brassiness.

How is it different?
Nutrisse Ultra Color has color-boost technology that nourishes while it dramatically lifts even the darkest hair. No bleach!

Is R3 right for me?
Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color R3, "Light Intense Auburn," is the lightest of the three Ultra Color red shades and gives hair a strong red reflect. It is best for anyone with natural hair between medium brown and black. For other options, explore our other two shades: R0 and R2.

*For women with currently colored hair, there are special considerations for the color result you can achieve. Because of this, we do not recommend shade R3 for hair that has been previously bleached, highlighted, hair that is predominantly gray, or if you have previously colored your hair "Medium Brown" or darker. For more help, use our Shade Selector Tool to find the perfect shade for you!

Ingredients: Nutrisse Colorant: Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Deceth-3, Propylene Glycol, Laureth-12, Ammonium Hydroxide, Oleth-30, Lauric Acid, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Glycol Distearate, 1-Hydroxyethyl 4,5-Diamino Pyrazole Sulfate, Ethanolamine, Polyquaternium-22, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, 4-Amino-2-Hydroxytoluene, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, 5-Amino-6-Chloro-O-Cresol, P-Aminophenol, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Metabisulfite, Dimethicone, Pentasodium Pentetate, P-Phenylenediamine, Parfum/Fragrance, Carbomer, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/Grape Seed Oil. F.I.L. D36929/3. Fruit Oil Concentrate: Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/Grape Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract. F.I.L. D25829/5. Rinse-Out Conditioner: Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Glycerin Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine Hcl, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Citric Acid, Olea Europaea Oil/Olive Fruit Oil, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Persea Gratissima Oil/Avocado Oil, Ribes Nigrum Oil/Black Currant Seed Oil, Linalool, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/Lemon Peel Extract, Ci 19140/Yellow 5, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ci 15985/Yellow 6. F.I.L. D35637/3. Nutrisse Developer: Aqua/Water, Hydrogen Peroxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Trideceth-2 Carboxamide Mea, Ceteareth-25, Glycerin, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Phosphoric Acid. F.I.L. D12836/26.

Usage: Applying Nutrisse: Nourished Hair means Better Color Nutrisse nourishes while it colors with a rich, non drip creme formula, and with an ampoule of grape seed oil, it smells great while you apply.

Follow this step-by-step process when applying full-head color at home:

1) Always do a skin test by following the insert instructions in the kit 48 hours before.
2) Apply to dry, unwashed hair.
3) Apply gloves, squeeze colorant (B) into developer bottle (A).
4) Break off the tip and shake the bottle vigorously.
5) Start applying mixture through roots first before spreading through mid-lengths and ends until hair is saturated. Leave formula on for 25 minutes.
6) Massage hair thoroughly before rinsing to optimize rinsing process.
7) Rinse hair thoroughly until water runs clear.
8) Apply Nourishing Conditioner (D) and leave on for two minutes, then rinse thoroughly.

If you only need a root touch-up, please follow insert Touch-Up Application instructions.

Always read insert instructions before applying any hair color.

Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme - R3 Light Intense Auburn
  • "Loveee thiss color.. ive always colored my hair red .. ever since the first time I colored it red I could never get the red out of my hair.. but this brand never fails.." in 8 reviews
  • "The only con is that you have to rinse your hair for a LONG time after coloring until the water runs clear because the color will bleed." in 7 reviews
  • "The only down side is it seems like it takes FOREVER to wash out and sometimes I still get dye on my towel even though I rinsed my hair for 45 minutes." in 6 reviews
  • "ill even get compliments from people asking where I get my hair dyed, all I say is Garnier Nutrisse :) " in 6 reviews
  • "When I usually dye my hair it comes out completely different to what it is on the box, but this product always comes very close." in 5 reviews
Jennifer M.
Meridianville, AL
I recieved a box of Garnier Nutrisse hair dye for free through Influenster's Voxbox program. I have used Garnier Nutrisse hair dye on previous occasions and that is the only reason I gave this 4 stars. I usually do not have as much problems as I had with the R3, Red Hibiscus, dying experience. I have very thick hair and have to use 2 boxes so I bought an additional box from the store to compensate. I originally was not happy with the color until I was done. The color looks very flat on the model. I would not have chosen it myself but I am happy with the outcome so far. The dye job was easy except that in both boxes the fruit oil ampule would not pop open like it is suppose to. I had to hunt down scissors after having gotten fully prepped. I must say that Garnier Nutrisse hair dye is by far the worst smelling hair dye I have used. I rarely ever use it because of this. The chemical smell is so strong it makes my eyes burn and water. I turn both the ceiling fan and a box fan on and still cannot make it even slightly tolerable. One of the gloves broke or had a hole in the thumb and stainded my thumb and thumb nail. It took forever to wash out and even after I washed it out I still had orange dye bleeding EVERYWHERE. My back, the back of my shirt, my bra, and my pillow case are orange. The conditioner does not cover the hair well and I had to use two full bottles where with the other companies I only use half of one. Even with two full bottles I did not feel that it spread to evenly coat my hair. In the end I am liking the color so far. We will see if it goes the dreaded copper color as it fades. The process is similar for creme hair dyes but I still prefer other brands over this one.
Tiffany F.
Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme R3 Light Intense Auburn arrived at my door complements of Influenster’s Voxbox, free for me try. I was kind of skeptical, because I’m very picky about my hair products and I don’t usually use preboxed dye. But I took a jump and tried it and I have to say I was very impressed! This left a nice color to my hair and left it so soft and bouncy. It also goes pretty far as I generally need 2 boxes and while I probably could have used 2, one did the trick without any blotchyness. The best part is it smells nice, not harsh and burning like a lot of dyes can be. Overall it smelled nice, didn’t burn, and left my hair nice and soft. I was pleasantly surprised and would recommend, it’s definitely a 10/10. I would use this again for in between salon touch ups.
Jasmine M.
irving tx
I did a first impressions review of Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme R3 Light Intense Auburn and took notes as I went along. The mixture melled like salon quality dye to my hubs and I, big plus for me because the burn on my eyes and nose is usually awful. The box came with gloves and I was really impressed with the inclusion of a fruit oil ampoule I felt more confident that my hair was being cared for during the process. I was curious to see how the nourishing color creme affects my hair, dyes normally fry it. Thankfully I don't really see much damage, though I unfortunately did not leave the conditioner in for 2minutes like you're supposed to. I have midback length hair and found that one box was more than enough. My hair is wavy/curly and slightly coarse.
Drea K.
Monona, WI
I really like the product itself, it smells strong, but my hair has a great smell after it's washed out from the oil?

The color is nice and covers my naturally black hair well, however, I didn't want this color in my hair. My hair is very soft still and it is a beautiful shade.

Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme R3 Light Intense AuburnGarnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme - R3 Light Intense Auburn
Adrianne G.
Torrance, CA
I FREAKING LOVE THIS! And that says A LOT! I always dye my hair. And even finished cosmetology school, so I tried brands from the 99 cent store to name brand/ salon brands. This however is by far my new favorite AT HOME hair dye! It’s the closets thing to salon feeling hair. This comes really detailed instructions, gloves, developer, hair color, an oil to mix with developer and oil, AND a 2 minute conditioner hair treatment/ mask for afterwards. So after getting your very vivid color (EVEN ON A DARK BASE LIKE MYSELF) I also got smooth and soft hair. It feels so healthy I’m shocked! My natural hair color is between a 3 or 4. (Mostly 3) but my ends are bleached and damage, but after using this it feels so perfect. This is VERY similar to salon hair. Trust me, I know what I am talking about (cosmetology school). I think from now on I’m only staying to this and pravana. These are the only two brands I love. I used to use L’Oréal for at home/ boxed dye but this beats that! I LOVE THIS. I already got so many complaints on this. And I love how this wasn’t messy and the dye that got on my skin wasn’t hard to take off. I strongly recommend this. I’m usually not this excited for a product, so you know this is good when I am! So shiny and smooth!
Lindsey B.
Muskegon, MI
This is a great at home hair color. I tried the Garnier® Nutrisse® Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme R3 Light Intense Auburn. I was impressed how well it worked on a darker base color like I have. The directions were extremely easy to follow. The result was very vibrant and really pretty. The hair color left my hair very soft and smelling great. It was very moisturizing and did not dry out my hair at all. The only minor drawback that I had was I had to rinse my hair for a long time to get the water to run clear or it would bleed. Some hair colors can bother my sensitive skin, but this one did not. I will definitely purchase again and hope to try out some of the other colors as well.

Laura D.
Miami
This color is so perfectly matched to any and all hair types ,
that at there’s no need to go to a salon when you can do it yourself in the comfort of your own home and you don’t have to worry about not getting a quality product at the same time!!!
this is such a high quality hair care product that they have thought of everything, you not one get a perfect salon like color, but you also get a personal, one time oil treatment that you put directly in the color before applying it to your hair.
you won’t be disappointed with this hair color that’s for sure!
Bonnie V.
Vancouver, WA
Do you want a hair color that lasts and does not fade? This one does just that. I was nervous to use a bold red hair color as I am a natural dark brunette. But, I went for it and love it. The application was easy to do with not a lot of clean up. As most hair colors, you will have a slight fumey smell but nothing intolerable. I love the deep conditioner that is included. I was able to rinse and apply the conditioner and my hair was left super soft. I waited to write the review for a bit because red tends to fade the fastest. I have not had that problem. I really like the way my hair looks and feels.

#artistcolorshadow, #contest, #ad, #complimentary, #free
Chari C.
Looking at the box the shade pretty much matched how it was going to come out as. Even better was that that was the shade on the front. It is pretty simple to follow the directions and they even included gloves which I was thankful for. It smelled strong, but what hair dye doesn't? I am a little disappointed with the amount in the box. It barely had enough to do all of my hair that goes about 2 inches past my shoulders. My hair doesn't feel damaged after using it.
Lorna B.
Oceanside, CA
I have been using this hair dye for over five years. Back in high school I wanted intense red hair,i had tried every single hair dye under the sun none of them had the intensity or the longevity that I wanted or needed. Until i tried Garnier Nutrisse Intense Auburn made for dark hair. It is nourishing and has the longevity, i dye my hair once a month maybe once every other month depending on if I have been swimming in that month. Chlorine is the one thing that will cause my hair to fade. when it fades its still a cute colour. I love this dye and will continue purchasing until im over the red.
Sagal M.
Boston , MA
Is this good?
DAICY C.
Has anyone tried it, and did it work?
Apryl K.
Trenton, MI
How long should I expect the color to stay before it starts to fade? Would anyone recommend something better when going red?
Ashleigh H.
New Orleans, LA
Is this hair color moisturizing? Or does it dry your hair out?
April B.
Hazard, KY
Does the color stay

back
Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme - R3 Light Intense AuburnInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016
Garnier