BY GARNIER

Shade: L1 - Ultra Bold Lilac

Permanent, nourishing hair color creme with three fruit oils- avocado, olive, and shea

Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Hair Color Creme dramatically transforms naturally dark hair with ultra reflective tones.

Choose from Ultra Light Blondes, Ultra Intense Reds and Burgundies, Ultra Lightening Browns, and Ultra Reflective Blacks. Ultra Light Blondes take dark brunettes to blonde without bleach, Ultra Intense Reds and Ultra Intense Burgundies offer vibrant red tones for darker hair, Ultra Lightening Browns lift dark hair up to three shades lighter without the brassiness, and Ultra Reflective Blacks transform even the darkest hair with visibly reflective, shiny tones.

Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Hair Color Creme comes with an ampoule of grapeseed oil to start nourishing hair while you color because nourished hair means better color. The non-drip hair color formula spreads easily and the after-color conditioner is infused with 3 fruit oils--avocado, olive and shea--for silkier, shinier, more nourished hair.

Colorant:
1212345 Aqua /water/eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Deceth-3, Propylene Glycol, Laureth-12, Ammonium Hydroxide, Oleth-30, Lauric Acid, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Ethanolamine, Polyquaternium-22, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum/fragrance, Sodium Metabisulfite, Carbomer, 5-amino-6-chloro-o-cresol, Toluene-2,5-diamine, Ascorbic Acid, Edta, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/grape Seed Oil, Ci 77891/titanium Dioxide, 2-methyl-5-hydroxyethylaminophenol, Thioglycerin, Dimethicone, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/sunflower Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract. F.i.l.# D211512/1 1028840 Paraffinum Liquidum/mineral Oil/huile Minerale, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/grape Seed Oil, Parfum/fragrance, Tocopherol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract. F.i.l.# D25829/5

Rinse-out Conditioner:
1100858 Aqua/water/eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/palm Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract/apple Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Parfum/fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine Hcl, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/shea Butter, Citric Acid, Olea Europaea Oil/olive Fruit Oil, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/sugar Cane Extract/extrait De Canne a Sucre, Benzyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Persea Gratissima Oil/avocado Oil, Ribes Nigrum Seed Oil/black Currant Seed Oil, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Citrus Limon Peel Extract/lemon Peel Extract, Ci 19140/yellow 5, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ci 15985/yellow 6, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja Oil/soybean Oil. F.i.l.# D174455/5

Developer:
1152439 Aqua/water/eau, Hydrogen Peroxide, Ce Te Aryl Alcohol, Trideceth-2 Carboxamide Mea, Ceteareth-25, Glycerin, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Sodium Salicylate, Phosphoric Acid. F.i.l.# D209745/1

Usage: Applying Nutrisse: Nourished Hair means Better Color Garnier Nutrisse Hair Color nourishes while it colors with a rich, non drip creme formula, and with an ampoule of grape seed oil, it smells great while you apply.

Follow this step-by-step process when applying color at home:

1) Always do a skin test 48 hours before.
2) Apply to dry, unwashed hair.
3) Apply gloves, squeeze colorant (tube b) into developer bottle (a).
4) Break off the tip and shake the bottle vigorously.
5) Start applying color at the roots, then away from roots to the tips.
6) Extend color through the ends, and massage into hair.
7) Leave formula on for 25 minutes or 30 minutes if you have lots of gray hair or resistant/coarse hair.
8) Massage hair thoroughly before rinsing to optimize rinsing process.
9) Rinse hair thoroughly until water runs clear.
10) Apply conditioner after color and leave on for two minutes, then rinse thoroughly.

See our How-To videos for detailed instructions on how to apply.

Amanda W.
Keep in mind I am not a hair stylist, so my thoughts could be wrong in some ways. I have been dying my hair at home for around 15 years. I usually always use Darkest Brown or Brown. When I received the box of Intense Violet, I had atleast an inch of my dark blonde roots showing and the rest of my hair was a dark brown. I thought that since the Intense Violet was so dark and had a purple tint, that it would work for my dark hair and would show up. It only shows in my roots, though. (For the actual process and the way my hair feels..I absolutely love Garnier hair dye, that's all I use. My hair always comes out feeling amazing afterwards, and it doesn't damage my hair. I actually need to remember to purchase a bigger bottle of the conditioner that comes in the box of hair dye, I love it. When dying, the smell is not over whelming. A LONG time ago, when I didn't use Garnier, I would have to make sure my kids didn't come in the room with me while I dye my hair since the smell would be so powerful. Since I've been using Garnier, I don't worry about it near as much. I dye my hair about every 3-4 months, and the color lasts great. Their price is very affordable, and I definitely recommend Garnier products.
Jessica K.
I was iffy at first about a purple-y hair dye. Even though I have had blue and purple streaks and purple is my favorite color. I absolutely LOVE how this color comes out. I had dark reddish brown salon-colored hair with showing light brown roots prior to coloring. To me it looks like I have a darker reddish brown hair with more depth and depending on the angle and lighting there is the sheen of purple!  I can not seem to get the colors to photograph well but I attached 2 after-coloring pictures.

The smell isn't so great but I expect that. There is a chemical smell but it wasn't overwhelming to me. I wouldn't suggest applying this in a small room with no ventilation.  I cannot judge how long it will last before the inevitably do something that makes it fade but for now and for how little time it takes to do it again... I am extremely happy with the results.
Shelly H.
Harrisonburg, VA
I've used Garnier hair color in the past, but not the Ultra Color line. Today I tried the shade L1 Ultra Bold Lilac. I was dying over previously salon-dyed brown hair. It turned out beautifully! My hair is now a rich deep brown-black with lilac reflects. The purple tone is perfect - subtle but noticeable, and a perfect undertone to complement the brown-black. I've got shoulder length thick hair and 1 bottle was just about enough product for my hair with a tiny bit left over. The creme formula was thick enough to stay put and not make a drippy mess, but not so thick that it was hard to distribute from the bottle. The fragrance was pleasant and the oil definitely helped the softness of my hair and diminished any frizz. The color applied evenly and I did not have any problems with patchiness or uneven absorption that I've had with other brands of boxed color in the past. Excess color washed cleanly from my scalp and around my face - no stains! In short, applying this color was an easy and enjoyable process, and I am thrilled with the end result. I received this product complimentary from Influenster in exchange for my honest review, and I'm so glad that I did. I had forgotten about Garnier hair color and I have found a new favorite. The formula is excellent and the shade is gorgeous.  Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme
Sheba J.
I have been wanting to dye my hair purple for so long. To see that I was being sent the Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme made me so ecstatic. I finally went through the process of dying it. Everything was labeled well especially for someone who is a first-timer at dying hair. It was super easy to follow and the instructions explained everything that I was confused about.

I am Black with coarse hair. When applying the dye I was excited to see the purple show so we’ll in my head. However, as I explained earlier, the instructions detailed that seeing color on my head before washing it out wasn’t an indication of the outcome. That was sadly the case for me. I didn’t see any color in my head, so I thought I’d wait until the next day to see the outcome, when I had more sunlight. Again nothing. My hair texture is a bit dryer which I expected but there is no tint of purple in my head.

I was hoping this would be he perfect solution for people who want color and don’t want to dye there hair but you will have to go through the process of dying your hair to get a nice color effect.
Jess D.
Roseville , CA
Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme

I received this free from Influenster to try. First, the last time my hair was professionally colored was over 6 months ago. Second, I have some grays. Not a lot but enough that I notice.
I had my 14 yr old daughter die my hair for me because it was impossible for me to see the back and I would have dripped everywhere. With dark hair it covered very well and I love the color. The grays not some much. The L1 color isn’t overwhelming. It made my hair super soft. And I have had barely any color bleed with my next two washes.
I would definitely recommend this product and I will be buying this for my between salon treatments.
Ashley S.
North Platte , NE
I loved this product. The smell was petty good, which is saying something for hair dye. The process was easy to follow and implement. My hair feels soft and smooth. I didn’t have any side effects with my skin. The label says not for hair that has been dyed brown or lightened up and I have both. I decided to try it anyway, just to see what would happen. I think because of the state of my hair, and it being bleached to a dark blonde from dark brown, the color didn’t turn out the same. It was supposed to be this lilac color. But the purple is hard to see. And it’s lighter all around, not as deep in color.
Fellica H.
Leavenworth, KS
I received Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing COlor cream L1 Ultra Bold Lilac from influenster for my honest review. I really like Garnier products but this is my first time using their hair dye. The hair dye didn't smell too strong. I was wondering if this color will show up on my dark brown hair and it did. I did have to get another box since my hair is very long. It looks black inside the building or in my house but when the sunlight hits it, you can see purple shining through it. It's very pretty and I like the overall look. I feel like the hair dye didn't do that much damage to my hair. I do have to use a lot of conditioner in the beginning because I was worried that it would be drying. I'm thinking about buying more but with a different color. I wouldn't recommend this for a woman who has gray hair because on the box it says it doesn't cover it so just a heads up if you thinking about purchasing to cover it up.
Christon L.
Valdosta, GA
I was definitely sceptical about this color. But, I'M IN LOOOOOVE! I purposely got the color on my skin, and on my countertops. With most colors you have to scrub to get it off your skin and it stains the counters. Nope! This new garnier came off my countertops with a little Spin and Span, and off my skin with a little soap and hot water! My hair doesn't feel dried out and broken! I'll definitely be using it again:)
Ceara T.
Wheatley Hts, NY
Overall I am pretty satisfied with the product. The color turned out to be a darker purple that’s more noticeable under direct light, which was great for me because I can’t have too bold/bright of colors with work. I also love how the product made my hair feel so soft and it smells great with the conditioner provided in the box! Everything was easy to mix and apply.

My two negative insights were the difficulty of trying to open the fruit oil package to pour into the mix, and how strong the chemicals were when pouring it in my hair. I definitely suggest leaving a window open while applying.
Kristen B.
Longview, TX
I received a box of Garnier Ultra Bold Lilac dye to test and review. My hair is naturally dark brown, so I didn't have high expectations based on the box description. I read the instructions, applied the dye to unwashed hair and waited 25 minutes, after rinsing my hair and conditioning I styled as usual and was surprised at how shiny my hair turned out. It was a very dark brown, but after washing my hair (with sulfate free shampoo) three days later, I noticed some beautiful, deep red tones. I would recommend this color to anyone wanting a unique, deep brown.