Add a Photo

By GARNIER
#10 in Curl Enhancing
Please Note: Product received may temporarily differ from image shown due to packaging update. Strong Hold for Curls Promotes Curl Definition Shine, Without Frizz 2 Helps Boost Wavy, Permed or Naturally Curly Hair 3 Strong Hold Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shaping Spray Gel with fruit micro-waxes helps boost your wavy, permed or naturally curly hair to create curl definition with shine, minus the frizz.
Photos (57)
Erinn C.
Erinn C.
I bought this for my daughter's hair based on my mother-in-law's recommendation. She has a mixed hair texture, leaning strongly towards the looser texture like her dads. I've used it a few times, but stopped because I don't like how crunchy it makes her hair. It doesn't feel soft and bouncy like it does without it, and all it does is coat the strands. It is sticky when it gets on your hands and hard to clean off. Most other Garnier products work on her hair like magic, but this one is just okay. Other curl care products from Garnier do much better, so I only use this for particular styles and not very often. If you're looking for a style to stay put, and don't mind crunchy-feeling hair, this product should do. It will define your curls and keep them in place, but don't expect them to be touchably soft.
Tasha G.
Tasha G.
Iv been using the Garnier Fructis Style Shaping Spray Curl Gel for a little longer then a year like once a week at least. I first bought it for my daughter she has wavy thick hair. She's used it a few times and I thought I'd give it a try - I have thin flat straight hair I put it it wet , upside down scrunch it a little , blow dry a little while scrunching ...and so forth.. You get the picture I'm sure. It isn't like BAM maga Curley but it's pretty wavy and gives me extra volume.. I like the look and am a current weekly user of the Garnier Spray Curl Gel .
Tierra C.
Tierra C.
Bloomfield, CT
I love this product so much, but I use it in a different way. I bought it originally for my 3B curls, and it held okay. Regardless it's extremely affordable. I got mine for under $5 at Target and it smells so good. Anyways, my hair is naturally curly so it reacts to most gels by curling up when it's straight. But I had this gel in my bag one day before a game and this gel provides a really good hold for my straight hair without weighing it down or flaking up. This product is honestly so perfect for me that I would buy it even if it cost a little bit more.
Tabetha C.
Tabetha C.
Chattanooga, TN
I happen to have extremely think, partially striaght,partially curly, nearly unmanageable hair. If I am running behind and need to do something more than pull my hair into a ponytail, my only option is to go curly. However, once my hair is dry those lovely curls cannot seem to hold their early morning lux. I have found that Garnier Fructis has a great line of products that help hold curl for the duration of the most hectic day. Now running late is no problem, I simply jump out of the shower and apply some shaping gel and mousse and I am good to go!
Kathryn B.
Kathryn B.
Lees Summit, MO
I have fine, wavy hair that tends to get frizzy if I let it air dry, particularly in the summer time. While this gel does make my hair a little crunchy after it has dried (and makes it look like it's a little damp still), it keeps it from getting frizzy, and it helps it curl more evenly. Once it dries, I scrunch it again to get rid of the crunchiness and the damp look. The smell isn't as good as some Garnier products, but it's not bad either. Overall, this product is a good value, and I would recommend it to someone with a similar hair type.
My hair has been straight as can be most of my life, but I have noticed here lately that when I get out of the shower there is a bit of a wave to my hair. My stylist noticed it too the last time I was at the salon. When styling my hair, she scrunched it and suggested I wear it curly. I went to the store and bought some products including this curl shaping spray gel. I was leary about a spray gel, but it doesn't get clogged like I was worried about. After spraying some on and scrunch in my hair, I couldn't believe how much curl my hair had!
Brittany H.
Brittany H.
Talladega
I have out if this world crazy curly do what it wants to on a daily basis hair. And this product has saved my poodle hair ever since Suave discontinued my go to gel to manage the madness. I tried so many brands/mouses/gels and hair sprays & once I tried this one I fell in love! I will NOT use anything else. It is light weight keeps the curly madness under semi control, smells refreshing & the most important part it's affordable. I always stock up in fear I may run out or it will get discontinued with no warning.
Courtney P.
Courtney P.
Knoxville, TN
Garnier Fructics Style Shaping Spray Gel Curl is a great product for any person who is looking for that perfect beach wave. It is also good for curly hair needing some balance. When I feel like I want to play up my wavy locks, I grab this spray gel and spritz all over my damp hair. It literally works every time! I always tell my friends to grab this bottle if they want some cute beach waves. I love the smell of this product, and it is not too sticky to use. It also leaves tresses feeling lightweight. Get some!!
Steffie O.
Steffie O.
I love this curling gel! I think that it is amazing and that it really has helped manage my curls. When I use this product I use it on wet hair (either right out of the shower, or after I douse it a bit with water) because with the wet hair, the product is really able to stick on to my hair and keep the curl's shape. After using this product, the curls aren't dry to the touch and they still bounce and look shiny. When I can, I try to buy a few of these products when they're on sale because I love it that much.
Connie W.
Connie W.
Adrian, MI
My daughter uses this and loves it. She uses it in place of hair gel. It has a nice all day hold. It leaves a wet look all day and washes out nicely. It's a great product.My daughter uses this and loves it. She uses it in place of hair gel. It has a nice all day hold. It leaves a wet look all day and washes out nicely. It's a great product.My daughter uses this and loves it. She uses it in place of hair gel. It has a nice all day hold. It leaves a wet look all day and washes out nicely. It's a great product.
Kiah C.
Kiah C.
Gainesville, FL
How do you apply the spray gel? On damp or dry hair?
Paola M.
Paola M.
Coram, NY
Saw it and was like will I really work any advice or words of advice?
Cheyenne C.
Cheyenne C.
Marysville, CA
Does this leave curls with that crunchy feeling?
Nerline G.
Nerline G.
Acworth, GA
I need a new product that can define my curls. Does this one work??
Kristina B.
Kristina B.
Harrisburg
How long have you been using this product?