Garnier Fructis Style Extreme Hold Extreme Control Anti-Humidity Aerosol Hairspray

BY GARNIER #71 in Hairspray

Fructis Style Extreme Hold Extreme Control Anti-Humidity Aerosol Hairspray: All day humidity resistance 24 hours extreme hold Natural bamboo extract Bounce-back hold see more...

• I am interested in what the scent is on this hairspray? 3 Answers
  • "I use it to tame my natural hair or to keep curls in place." in 1 review
  • "Don't spray too much, but it smells great and has an awesome hold." in 1 review
Liz Q.
This extreme hold hairspray is no joke! It is very VERY strong hold. I used this if I'm trying to create really structured hair styles that involve a lot of teasing. This helps reduced the amount of backcombing needed but remember this will really hold your hair. It is very stick and powerful but great for creating very structured looks. If you intend to use it as a everyday hairspray, be sure to spray it at a pretty far distance and be careful not to spray too much or your hair will feel hard and crispy. It has your Garnier's typical fruity scent. Overall, it lives up to its claims and works really well!
Elle J.
Smells like mouth watering apples in a good way. This is my ride-or-die product. It's cost effective and easy to find at the local drugstore. Definitely a good value at the rate I use it. Keeps hairs in place.
The one improvement I recommend is that hairspray products need to find a way to not leave little dots of product residue on the hair. So for that, i took off a star. It's not a good look. Dear Garnier, I love your products. Please fix this issue. I'm sure you can do some research and tweaking. Thanks! ♡
Candace M.
Winston salem, nc
This is my go to hairspray. I discovered it several years ago when I was getting girls ready for proms. It allowed me to style the hair in a softer manner without crunchiness and fear of humidity. I used it for 3 major events both of my sister's weddings. One of them wanted tight spiral curls (wedding was in May very humid and warm) the other wanted loose retro curls( was in october it had just rained and was windy). Both of their hair held up through the wedding, pictures and reception.
Katherine F.
Cary, NC
I truly love this hairspray. The product comes out in a nice, fine mist (so important) and it doesn't leave my hair feeling crunchy. In terms of being "anti-humidity" I feel like it works as well as any other hairspray. My only caution is that I don't think the level of hold truly lives up to what the name claims. This is good for everyday use, but if you have an updo or something that needs to not budge, I'd go for a different hairspray.
Sarah U.
This is a good hairspray. It says it is their strongest and best anti humidity hairspray. I think it is good at these things, but could be better. It could be because my hair is so unbelievably straight and thick that it can't hold styles well. It is one of the better ones I have used, though. And it doesn't smell horrendous like some other hair sprays in this price range.
Joy W.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Of course I love the smell of this hairspray which was the main reason I purchased it. I only gave it 4 stars because although it will hold most of the day (my hair is quite thick, so this is a tough task) this hair spray doesn't hold all day long for my hair. I still purchase it on occasion though because it's a lot less sticky than most other sprays I use.
I curl my hair every day and need something that will hold all day. This does a great job of locking in my style without making my hair hard or brittle. It has a light, pleasant scent and helps smooth down my fly away hairs as well. I'm not sure about the 24-hour claim, I've never actually tested that out, but it gets the job done.
erica b.
Pittsburgh, PA
Has a great smell and does his job as a normal hairspray. But as far as the humidity control goes I'm not sure that this aspect actually worked fully. It may just be because I was in a hot climate but I didn't notice any difference protecting me from the humidity my hair still frizzed up a little bit.
Liz R.
It has a nice medium hold and really does an ok job in humid weather. However, I can't get over the distinct perfume smell from most of garnier's products. It tends to give me a headache. Of course, this is only my experience and I'm sure there are others who do not have a problem with the fragrance.
Megan B.
Rochester Hls, MI
I think this is a good normal hairspray- I am not sure how much it does for being "anti-humidity", it just seemed to work like normal other hair sprays do. I like the scent of it, and it doesn't come out of the nozzle chunky or anything like that. It's an easy to control, fine mist, which I like.
Angelique A.
Greenwood, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am interested in what the scent is on this hairspray?