BY GARNIER #4 in Hair Masks

1 Minute Smoothing Hair Mask

In 1 Minute, Indulge Your Hair In A Nourishing Treat With 98% Naturally Derived Ingredients.* Smoothing Treat 1 Minute Hair Mask + Avocado Extract Helps You Get Soft, Smooth Hair. No Weigh Down, No Silicones, No Parabens, And No Artificial Colorants.

We Consider An Ingredient To Be Naturally Derived If It Is Unchanged From Its Natural State Or Has Undergone Processing Yet Still Retains Greater Than 50% Of Its Molecular Structure From Its Original Plant Or Mineral Source. This Formula Consists Of 98% Naturally Derived Ingredients. The Remaining Ingredients Constitute 2% Of The Formula To Ensure Its Sensoriality And Preservation.

How to Use:

As A Hair Mask: After Shampoo, Apply Onto Wet Hair And Leave On For 1 Minute. Rinse. As A Conditioner: After Shampoo, Apply To Hair From Root To Tip. Rinse. As A Leave-in Treatment: Apply On Damp Hair For Frizz Control And Color Protection.

Aqua / Water / Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Olea Europaea Oil / Olive Fruit Oil, Glycine Soja Oil / Soybean Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract / Rosemary Leaf Extract, Coco-caprylate/Caprate, Cocos Nucifera Oil / Coconut Oil, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Persea Gratissima Oil / Avocado Oil, Tartaric Acid, Cetyl Esters, Tocopherol, Salicylic Acid, Caramel, Linalool, Eugenol, Limonene Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Parfum / Fragrance

• What does this do for hair because I’m looking for stuff ...5 Answers
  • Anyone else think it's kind of pointless that this is 100...3 Answers
  • How do you use this? Do you keep it on overnight? How lon...3 Answers
Clarissa A.

First off, I would like to note that I received this hair
product as complimentary in exchange for my honest review.

When I initially received this product, I was unsure of what
I was actually getting. The jar-like container in which the product comes in
led me to believe it was some sort of hair balm or gel rather than a deep
conditioner or mask. I have very damaged hair (lots of heat tools) and natural
frizz, so I decided to use this product as a deep conditioner/hair mask after
shampooing my hair and in the place of my normal conditioning routine. The
product design was also very hard to use in the shower. Unscrewing the lit and
getting product in my hand while trying to re-screw on the lid proved to be
quite difficult and I ended up dropping a decent amount of product on the
floor, which was mildly annoying. I am typically used to using drugstore
conditioners that squeeze out of the bottle, which may be why this was so
challenging to me. That being said, I also noticed that there was no indication
on the packaging as to how much product I should be using, therefore, I was
left to guess and chose to use an amount similar to the amount of conditioner I
would use. I will add though, on a more positive note, this product smelled
pretty great! That was a huge plus for me.

After applying the product to my wet hair, I was left a
little disappointed. My hair did not feel as soft and detangled as it usually does
with my habitual drugstore conditioning routine, therefore, I would assert that
this product was not on par with some of my other typical drugstore
conditioners (Suave, Pantene, etc.). Additionally, after drying and styling, my
hair felt no different than usual and I did not notice any less frizz in my
hair. Thus, I would say that maybe the product is on par with other drugstore
conditioners once it is dry.

All in all, was I glad I got to try this product? Absolutely!
I love trying new products on my hair to see what works best and I was happy to
cross this product off my list of things to try.

Will I be purchasing this product in the future? No, I do
not think so. This product was just not on par and did not deliver for me. It
was not a horrible option, but it just did not compete with some of my typical
hair conditioners.

Allyson A.
Homestead, FL
First things first, the smell. Love it! It has that typical Garnier fruity scent that I actually really enjoy.
I applied this mask after shampooing my hair with my Keune Silver Reflects shampoo. I do want to note that I have extremely long hair — down to my waist, it has been color treated & bleached as well.
I applied the mask and let it sit for a minute.
I rinsed and towel dried.
For the sake of this review, I did not apply my typical Redken leave in conditioner that I use to help with the brushing process.
I did notice my hair was much harder to brush through, so much so, that I had to use my Redken leave in conditioner for the other half of my hair. I did apply a touch of the Garnier to the side without Redken as a leave in conditioner, which the label states, can be done.
I’m actually glad I did that, because I am now able to compare the two. Obviously, Redken is higher end than Garnier, but I surely noticed the difference.
Garnier left my hair pretty dry, whereas the Redken gave my hair a little more life, and was a dream to comb through.
I don’t think this product is bad, it’s just not my favorite.
The size of the product would last me maybe 4-5 decent hair masks plus a touch as leave in conditioner for each time, approx $1 per hair mask. For the price, it’s not bad.. but not something I’d personally purchase, as my hair needs are a bit more extensive than someone who hasn’t had as much coloring or bleaching done. I think this would work great for someone with virgin hair or minimal coloring.

(Hair photo: left side is Redken, right side is Garnier—you can see the right side is drier looking.)
Brandi B.
Superior, WI
I was pumped to see this product! I love hair masks! As a girl with naturally curly hair, it needs moisture all of the time. I am constantly fighting my hair to keep it shiny/moisturized.
My hair is waist length, thick, and, like I said, naturally curly.
Natural curl almost always means frizz as well. So to see on the container that it was meant to help control frizz, I was eager to use the product.
Then I opened the container...
I felt like there was barely enough product for one application. Yes, I have thick hair. But it would have been nice for at least two applications so I could give it an even more fair judgement.
I always brush my hair before showering, because for me, it is easier to brush dry. Then I finger-comb in the shower with the products I use in it. This method always works for me.
So onto the after effects of the application.
It left my hair felling soft and smelling great...but (there is always a but)..it also weighed my hair down. It pulled my natural curl almost straight. Which was sad to see. I didn't apply any other products to my hair so that I could assess and be fair to the product. Normally when I do that, my hair is still curly, just frizzy as heck. But not adding product with this left my hair frizzy and half straight and half curly. It was a weird look.
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
My new favorite deep conditioning treatment! I got a sample in the mail for reviewing purposes, and I am so impressed with the results. This hair mask is made with avacado extract and it uses 98% naturally derived ingredients. There are no silicones, parabens and it's free from any artificial colorants. It can be used 3 ways: 1. As a mask 2. As a daily conditioner or 3. As a leave-in. I used it as a hair mask since that is it's main purpose.
It smells amazing. It has a very soft, natural, fruity scent. I only applied it to the ends of my hair because my hair is so fine it weighs down extremely easily. I left it in for exactly a minute and when I washed it out my hair felt smooth, but still a little knotted. For reviewing purposes I did not use any additional hair products while styling. My hair came out silky smooth & unbelievably moisturized. Since my hair is so fine it did weigh it down a bit but it didn't feel greasy at all. The subtle, fruity scent really carries, and even my husband commented on how great my hair smelt.
I wouldn't use this as a leave in or a daily conditioner just because my hair is so fine... but as a weekly hair mask this is my new go-to. It erased all signs of heat damage (there was a lot) and my brittle, dry hair is free of all split ends. With the way my hair looks now it's hard to believe that was ever any damage. I am definitely purchasing the full sized product & I can't wait to see what the long term results are like.
Taiba P.
Ashburn
OMG OMG OHHH MYYY GOOOODD you HAVE to try this if you have damaged hair. I went to FL and spent a day at the beach; of course it left my hair DRY and DAMAGED to an extent that I wanted to chop them off. I have highlighted hair and wanted to go to an extreme of dying them black and chopping them just so my hair would look healthy. I came across this product on Amazon and thought "meh lets see what happens" honestly not expecting ANY results; so when it came that night I wet my hair and smeared this onto my hair and left it on all night to wash it the next day. Let me tell you my hair look amazing. My husband who usually doesn't comment on...well anything really (hes a guy!! roll eyes) actually commented that my hair look softer- that was it lol. I have since then used it once more but that was in the shower a quick 1 minute instead of regular conditioner and it has improved the condition of my hair dramatically. I now have decided to replace my regular conditioner with this and only this. I am sooo happy I cant rave this product enough...mostly because it stopped me from cutting my hair when I am trying to grow them out (I miss my LONNNNGGG hair). LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Oh and totally affordable (even for the tiny tub it comes in- which I choose to overlook coz you dont need as much anyways). I bought mine from Amazon as a "add on" item. Go buy yours and love your silky smooth hair.
Samantha M.
Masked+Yoga Pose
#FRUCTISTREATS
#SUPERHAIR
#GARNIERUSA
Garnier has always been a very very good brand for my hair!!
I'm truly in love!! Ive never had a product to make my hair so soft and moisturized and that could define my curls all-in-one!!! Thank you so much for this free opportunity to try this @PinchMe
This was a review from my own thoughts and experiences and honestly i recommend this to anyone that needs more UMPH to your hair. Try this new product and i promise you will love it. I already do. The product is weightless which I love. If you are a Natural loving kind of person or if you eant to try someyhing new just to try it, this would be perfect for you!!! Yes to a Vegan Formula
Yes to 94% biodegradable formula
No Silicones, Parabens or Artificial Colorants
This product is made of 98% of Naturally Derived Ingredients
This smoothing Treat 1 minute Hair Mask could be used 3 different ways.
As a mask, as a conditioner or as a leave-in which im totally rocking right now!!!
I am now wearing: Avocado Extract (which smooths frizzy hair)
Ill be working on getting the rest of these as they do different things to your hair. Either way you get great results and exactly what you ask for!❤❤❤❤❤
Maggie D.
East Brunswick
I love this hair mask. A while ago, I received a sample of this hair mask from PinchMe. I wasn't really sure it was going to do much since it said it was only 1 minute.. I tried it out, and I fell in love! A few days later I purchased the 4 oz! The smell was such a big calling for me. Right when I opened the sample package I FELL IN LOVE. The smell is amazing and let me tell you, my hair has never smelt so good before.

I usually wash my hair every 3 days or so, and when I do I switch my routine up. One time I use my regular shampoo and then conditioner, the next I use my shampoo and then this mask. Every 3 days I switch it up.

I can honestly feel a difference when using the hair mask vs my conditioner. When I use the mask my hair has that wonderful smell and my hair is just so silky and smooth. With my conditioner I basically get the same results but not the wonderful smell and my hair isn't as silky smooth.

The only reason I give this product 4 stars is because recently my hair has been a bit tangly and hasn't been as smooth as it was from the start. (That may just be my split ends LOL). Other than that, this is one of my go-to hair products.
Roxanne O.
Bakersfield, CA
This Garnier Fructis Smoothing Treat 1 Minute Hair Mask + Avocado Extract is bursting with #superfruits and loaded with nourishment. This size of sample that I received free (to try in exchange for feedback) from pinchme was big enough for two uses (for my length) and it smells amazing like the typical wonderful Garnier fruitics smell; however it felt more like a deep conditioner, than a mask.

To be clear, I’ve never used a hair mask before so I’m not really sure how they’re supposed to feel. It did feel like really a deep conditioner to me and I didn’t really notice much of an effect when it came down to frizz or shine. My hair is soft and bouncy and doesn’t feel weighed down. It’s light and soft. Just a bit staticky (spelling?). Like when you were by a balloon.

I did use it two days in a row and from the packaging it says it supposed to reduce frizz and I still have a frizz, so I don’t know If it really works to be honest.

My hair smells great after using this mask and it’s very conditioned. No tangles or knotts. It’s something I would retry in a larger trial size or in my subscription bag just to reconsider purchasing, but not something I would purchase right away from this one sample. Well unless I were looking for a deep wonderful smelling conditione
Esther K.
Burbank, CA
I requested a free sample from Garnier and they sent me a sample for Smoothing Treat + Avocado Extract. This is part of their 1 Minute Hair Masks line, with five products all designed to deal with different hair issues. This particular one is meant to smooth frizzy hair.
It says that you can use it three ways: (1) as a mask (leave in 1 minute after shampoo and then rinse), (2) as a conditioner (apply after shampoo and rinse), and (3) as a leave-in (apply on damp hair for frizz control and lasting moisture). I chose to use it as a mask, so I applied it to my hair after shampooing and left it in for a few minutes before rinsing it. I did not feel like it left my hair "super silky" or extra soft/smooth/etc. It just felt like regular conditioner even though I left it in for a few minutes. I don't have frizzy hair though, so maybe that is why I did not feel that it was better than other conditioners.
It has a subtle fragrance that I like and although I personally like avocado best I might be better off trying the other products, like the papaya extract one for repairing damaged hair. But I do feel like it is a bit misleading to call it a hair mask when it is pretty much just a conditioner.
Belén A.
West Jordan, UT
For starters, it smells sooo good!! I have used this hair make twice. The first time I used it in place of my conditioner, left it in for 1 minute, and rinsed. That left my hair soft but still a bit frizzy, I may not have used enough. The second time I washed and conditioned like usual and then used the Garner mask as a leave in conditioner. That worked much better to help with the frizz! I have curly, color treated hair. I just recently bleached my hair platinum blonde so I have been treating my hair with hair masks to help moisturize and tame some of the frizz. This mask is a great weekly treatment for a cheap price. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because the mask seems to have weighed my hair down a little too much and flattened my curls a bit, I may have used too little the first time and too much the second time.. who knows!
Cassandra M.
Saint Cloud, MN
What is your favorite thing about this product?
Maritza V.
My hair is very dry and is breaking/falling out. Has anyone tried this or any of the other ones for that and did it work?
Yineisi G.
What are the results you had on this hair mask? Garnier Fructis Smoothing Treat 1 Minute Hair Mask + Avocado Extract
La O.
Does someone use this product here? Does this really work?
pariss.Angelo U.
Rowlett, TX
What does this do for hair because I’m looking for stuff that can make your hair longer sticker healthier if you know what is does let me know because I’m really looking for some good hair products

Target