BY GARNIER #5 in Hair Serums

Hair serum for instant sleek

Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum with Argan Oil from Morocco soaks into frizzy, dry, unmanageable hair for lasting smoothness and shine.

How to Use:

After using Sleek & Shine shampoo and conditioner, dispense 1 pump of serum, or as much as needed for your hair type, into your hands. Apply uniformly to damp or dry hair. Do not rinse. For the sleekest look, style using brush and blow dryer.

1041626 Fs8 Cyclopentasilox Ane, Dimethiconol, Parfum/Fragrance, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal. F.I.L.# D55489/4

• Does this work for oily hair? Wouuld it make it more oily?3 Answers
  • I have very thick hair and it gets frizzy in the summer! ...17 Answers
  • Does it work with greasy hair? 2 Answers
Aqsa G.
Chicago
usually don't prefer shampoos that say smooth and sleek but after trying this one out, I might look into trying more. I usually don't go for them because they tend to weigh my hair down, but I gave the Garnier Fruitis a shot and was pleasantly surprised.
Scent wise, it smelled very sweet and fruity which is something right up my alley. The intensity though is quite strong, so for people who are sensitive to scents, this may be a turn off or a bit much to handle.
Texture wise, it was a gel formula. The bottle claims that it has no parabens, so the product itself takes more to suds up. It can be a good and bad thing because it uses a bit more product but its a little less harsh for my hair. The shampoo itself thankfully doesn't feel as drying as other products which may help with add shine which is probably from the oil.
After washing my hair I noticed that the compared to other shampoos, my hair looked more shiny even though it was still wet. It also felt more moisturized compared to other shampoos.
Although I do like the shampoo, I don't think I would use it as often in the summer only because my hair tends to be on the thinner side and it gets oily quite fast. I would probably alternate use with another shampoo, but overall I quite enjoyed the shampoo. It also does help tame a lot of my frizz, especially on days when humidity is up.
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
I find this to be a nice hair serum it's not too heavy and doesn't seem to leave a residue or any greasiness to my hair. I have difficult hair. Naturally, it's not straight nor is it it's kind of an in-between so I can wear it both straight and curly and if it's left not doing either it's kind of an in-between a used to be really really frizzy when I was younger and really really thick now it's not nearly as thick and it's also not nearly as frizzy, but that also depends on the weather period here in Florida we have a lot of humidity and where there is humidity there is frizz! If it rains which attends to do a lot here especially during the summer and I did my hair straight or with a curling iron I just completely wasted my time because it's a disaster! When I do a curly I usually use mousse and some kind of a curling cream or spray gel and just kind of scrunch it in my hands I do that a lot more during the summer than I do any other time because it's easy and if it gets wet it's not like I spent hours on my hair. I use the serum after I straighten my hair with a flat iron or curl it with a curling iron or curling wand and it does seem to tame the frizz and keep it pretty smooth. Not on its own but used with a good humidity defying Hairspray it will stay pretty straight with not much Fritz all day. It's got a nice light smell to it as well which I personally like.
Ginjer R.
Westminster, CO
My favorite hair serum was Garnier Fructis Marvelous Oil Deep Nourish because it worked incredibly well and smelled absolutely heavenly, but it was sadly discontinued. In my search for a comparable product I decided to try this one, and while it isn’t nearly as good, it works fairly well. The length and ends of my hair are very frizzy and damaged from being bleached, color- and heat-treated countless times, and this helps control the frizz and add shine without being super greasy or heavy. The scent is pleasantly fruity but not overpowering, and I like the pump mechanism better on this bottle than the discontinued one because it provides better control and is still easy to use after your hands get slippery from the serum. It isn’t quite as lightweight as the last one and doesn’t seem to last all day which is somewhat disappointing, but I’ve yet to find a better replacement. If you have slightly frizzy hair this would likely be a perfect solution, but if you have damaged hair like mine you might wish to find a more effective product.
angela c.
Brooklyn, NY
My hair routine includes shampooing and conditioning my hair with currently Garnier Fructis sleek and shine. That's it. I do use dry shampoo when I don't feel like washing my hair, but I have not been that interested in using other products for my hair. However, my hair gets really dry and frizzy especially in the winter time. I tried Garnier Fructis sleek and shine anti-frizz serum and it really worked! I applied a small pumpful to my hair avoiding the roots area because your hair will look very oily otherwise! My hair was shiny and less frizzy than before. Remember a little goes a long way and don't forget to wash your hands afterwards because they will be oily!
Mackenzie S.
Enon, OH
I started using this after trying it at a friends house. My hair is usually pretty straight but no matter the time of year or temperature, I have these crazy baby-hair-flyaway-things around my forehead and temples. I have tried a lot of different mousses but they either don’t hold or hold too much! After trying this product I really liked it and for the most part it does the job while adding a nice shine. The only problem is if you go a little bit too much your hair will look oily so you have to find the best balance for your hair.
Demi R.
Palm Bay, FL
One of the best oil/serums hands down. I'm literally down to my last and I restock even more now that my son is 2 and his hair is long and curly like mine and I use it on his hair as well. When you think of Seren you think of really thick sticky oil and when you put it in your hair sometimes I'm the thicker it is the more heavy your hair feels and that is not the case with this bad boy. I can distribute it into my hair when it's wet easily and once it dries even if I don't put any conditioner in afterwords it still feels really really nice and it doesn't harden my hair or drench it so that it loses volume. Are use it on my hair when it's curly and I use it on my hair when I straighten it is one of the best products that I own. Definitely recommend for all types of hair and the cheapest place you can buy it is at a local beauty supply store or discount store if your lucky but still inexpensive compared to other products if you buy it at places like Rite Aid or Walmart
Taylor C.
Navarre, FL
While I don't typically reach for Garnier, they hit it out of the park with this one. The product does just as it describes! I have thick, color treated, and damaged hair. Whether it is the Florida humidity or my natural hair ways- by the end of the day my hair typically looks like a frizzy mess. A little goes a long way with this product so I typically style my hair as I normally do, then pump a small amount of serum into the palm of my hand then run my fingers through my hair. After using this product my hair looks and feels more healthy and it stands up against the heat and humidity.
Kate R.
Bronx
I have to say is ok it depends what type of hair you have i personally don’t like it that muchI try few times and it don’t work for my hair at all as I say it depends of what type of hair you have and mine is process I have it blond and I had bad experience coloring my hair and this product it don’t work for me as my daughter it works perfectly for her it depends what type of hair you guys have but for me blonde and process hair it don’t work it feels foe few hours was ok  after that I haven’t see no different frizz still there and no shine that’s why
Danielle M.
I  have used the Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti Frizz Sereum for a few years now and I enjoy it. The product last a while, especially if you don't use it all the time. It is very oily so you only need a little or your hair will look to greasy. A little goes a long way. I have think, curly, frizzy hair and I use this product when I want to straighten my hair. It helps tame my hair and give me a smoother, more sleek look with less frizz. I would recommend trying this product especially if you have thick frizzy hair and straighten it a lot!
grace s.
I have REALLY frizzy hair, and this product seems to work. The packaging is pretty good, it comes with a twist/lock so the serum doesn’t leak. I use this product every day, and it’s effective if you straighten/curl you’re hair, it keeps it in shape all day. It’s absorbs in your hair quickly. The only problem I have with this product is how it only lasts for a couple hours, which makes me annoyed. I usually put it on in the morning, but at the end of the day, my hair is a frizzy mess. I still recommend because it’s a pretty good product.
Alyssa M.
Does this make your hair look greasy?
Rachel W.
I have very thick hair and it gets frizzy in the summer! Should I use this product? Will it damage my hair?
Livvy L.
How often should you use this product? Is it more so and every day thing or once or twice a week?
Michelle S.
Lexington, SC
Does this product have good frizz control?
Kelli H.
Atascadero, CA
I love the way fruit is products smell but have not had a lot of luck with fly always and frizz. Is this product for curly hair and can I put it on wet or dry?