BY GARNIER

Garnier Fructis Color Shield offers complete defense for colored hair. Boosts vibrancy, shine, and softness and preserves fresh color hair for up to 8 weeks! Defends against wash-out, fade-out & dry-out so fresh vibrant color lasts longer. Treats hair with camellia oil, açai berry antioxidant and UV filters, our Complete Defense system helps restore hair's power to keep color looking & feeling fresher for longer. see more...

• I found this product really cheap and this was the only one availab...4 Answers
  • How well does this product protect your hair color? I have dyed mi...3 Answers
  • Does this actually help make the color last longer and keep it shiny?1 Answers
Marguerite Z.
Marguerite Z.
I love love love this shampoo. I color my hair bright red, and it honestly is so hard to maintain. I found this is one of the only shampoos that doesn't strip the color so soon. It lathers up very nicely and makes my hair shiny and clean afterwards. I actually just finished off my last bottle of it, so I will have to get more soon. I love the scent of this shampoo as well, it smells like strawberries and keeps my hair smelling nice and clean for days. Being that I color my hair, especially red, I only wash my hair one or twice a week and this shampoo gets all of the weeks dirt and grime and hair products completely out of my hair. It also has a very nice softening effect, I do not even feel the need to use conditioner with this shampoo because it leaves my hair so shiny, vibrant, and soft. This really is a wonderful product and if you color your hair, especially if you do a crazy or fun color, I highly recommend you try this out.
Lanita P.
Lanita P.
Owensboro, KY
I always try to purchase Garnier Fructis Color in the largest size because it has been one of the best products that I have ever tried. I have come to depend on the results it provides!
The shampoo is rich, thick and soft. The scent is amazing. The shampoo penetrates to the scalp quickly. Massage in, rinse and repeat. The second wash provides a full lather that you know is getting your hair clean.
I normally follow up with the Color Shield Conditioner, but this shampoo works so well, I don't have to always condition my hair.
After using this product, your hair feels soft and looks great! It's going to be hard to find another shampoo that works as well as Garnier Fructis Colorr Shield Shampoo!
Cait C.
Cait C.
Fair Haven, VT
The smell is really great and fresh, but I felt like it wasn't the greatest for color treated hair since it has sulfates etc in it that actually strip color. It did ok cleaning my hair, you really need to make sure you scrub well or it can leave your hair oily looking. Unless they've reformulated this, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, unless they have really dry hair and were not worried about their color fading. Not the greatest, but it is cheap stuff, so I guess sometimes the daying you get what you pay for is really true!
Ashayna Y.
Ashayna Y.
Kayenta, AZ
I Think That Garnir Fructis's Color Shield Shampoo Is Amazing. I Tried Other Shampoo Products Like Trèsemme and other salon recommeded brands but it still does wonders. My Hair Color Is A Dark Brow Ombre Color, a bit thick amd dry but after a good shower it feels alive and healthy again. I Bought This Product At A Local Drugstore and i would buy it again. Although I Wouldnt Just Buy It Again I Would Recommend Someone To Try It As Well
Erendira R.
Erendira R.
Paramount, CA
I dye my hair often and I'm constantly trying to find a shampoo that prevents my color from fading and getting dull. This shampoo works really very well at doing both. I've gone from the darkest browns to intense reds, to pastel pinks and electric yellows. This shampoo keeps my hair feeing lush and the color nice and vibrant without making my hair feel like it's being weighed down. Absolutely love and recommend.
Christine C.
Christine C.
Staten Island, NY
Whether or not this prolongs the red/purple of my color treated hair I couldn't be certain. I have long fine hair and this doesn't weigh it down. It leaves my hair clean with a nice "strawberry" scent...at least that's what someone had told me when they smelled my hair. This shampoo pairs nice,y with the conditioner. I've been using this for quite a few years and have no complaints.
Tristain S.
Tristain S.
Caldwell, ID
Love this stuff when my hair is colored. it does really well with helping my fading. however it's my second choice when it comes to shampoos with sulfate in them. I'd love if more drug store company's would make sulfate free shampoos. however on a budget I love this stuff and I religiously color my hair black and I'm a natural blonde. fading does not look hot.
Kim N.
Kim N.
This is the best shampoo I have ever used. Before i found this shampoo, I would have to change brands every few months, as all the others would leave a residue that made my hair feel waited down, dirty and flat. Not only does Garnier leave my hair feeling clean, but it also has a fresh clean scent that makes it a pleasure to use. It's also quite affordable!
Carol P.
Carol P.
Omg I'm so very excited to do a review on this product. This is a must have!! I say that with all honesty. This color shield shampoo works amazing when you dye your hair. I've had my hair as RED as Ronald Mcdanalds afro😂❤
Doesn't wash off the color, it locks it in perfectly! I love that fruity kind of scent.
Leaves your hair smell, and feeling amazing!
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Lancaster, OH
Garnier Fructis is my favorite brand of haircare product! It smells amazing, leaves my hair shiny and soft, and this Color Shield locks in color without letting it fade out! The prices are within an affordable range. Plus, they normally have a decent coupon SOMEWHERE online. So go find one and get the Garnier that suits your hairapy needs.
Jenna J.
Jenna J.
Syosset, NY
I found this product really cheap and this was the only one available. Can I use it even though I don't color my hair.
Angela F.
Angela F.
Hudson, NH
How well does this product protect your hair color? I have dyed mine bright red, and it becomes dull super easy. How well would this help maintain brightness?
Renee S.
Renee S.
Orlando, Fl
I just got my hair colored for the first time in years and I want to make it last. What do you think is the best shampoo/conditioner to help me protect my color?
Mikaela R.
Mikaela R.
Franklin Park, IL
I've used this before and it doesn't work so well. Has anybody used any really really good Coke shampoos? Btw I have blue hair so something that would be great for highly vibrant hair colors.
Heather L.
Heather L.
College Park, MD
Does this actually help make the color last longer and keep it shiny?