BY GARNIER

Garnier Fructis Color Shield offers complete defense for colored hair. Boosts vibrancy, shine, and softness and preserves fresh color hair for up to 8 weeks! Defends against wash-out, fade-out & dry-out so fresh vibrant color lasts longer. Treats hair with camellia oil, açai berry antioxidant and UV filters, our Complete Defense system helps restore hair's power to keep color looking & feeling fresher for longer. see more...

• I found this product really cheap and this was the only one avail...4 Answers
  • How well does this product protect your hair color? I have dyed ...3 Answers
  • Does this actually help make the color last longer and keep it sh...1 Answers
Kaley V.
Henderson, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
when i would color my hair regularly i would use this. this is just as good as the expensive salon brand color shampoos. It also smells good & salon brands don’t. it’s not as concentrated as the salon brands but for the price & how good it is, it’s worth it
Rebeca A.
Rockford. IL
It' really great and when you use it you keep on getting so addicted to. It you wanna but it every year and never change shampoos and the best thing is that it lasts you so much you might even wanna take a travel side? Which you it' really good
Jessica C.
Indianapolis, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used this shampoo after I found out that Walmart stopped carrying Schwarzkopf. *side eye*
I really like this and definitely prolonged the life of my hair color, the smell is amazing I love it!
Alyssa B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have color-treated hair and have tried out this Color Shield Shampoo by Garnier. Since using, I've noticed that my hair truly feels somewhat softer. While there is no super significant results from using it, it is a nice shampoo that I would definitely re-purchase. The scent is nice and simple, plus it leaves my hair feeling really clean. I would recommend it. :)
Micaela D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought the Garnier color shield shampoo after recently dying my hair dark green (it's a long story). When I used other shampoos I noticed that the water would turn green after shampooing my hair, meaning the pigment was washing out. I bought this shampoo to help lessen that effect, however, it didn't help with that issue at all. If anything the it worsened.
Maxine C.
Malden, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
My hair felt drier than before i used this. Wasn't impressed at all. It doesnt lather well. Scent wasn't mong lasting.# Garnier® Fructis® Color Shield Conditioner @influenster
Gina M.
Clarksville
I really love this product, it leaves my hair soft and shiny and doesn't fade my color. The conditioner is thick and provides just the right amount of moisture for my hair.
Brandi S.
Mt Sterling, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use to use this when I dyed my hair bright obnoxious colors and it really didn’t help keep the color in my hair, however, it did help keep it hydrated. It also didn’t leave it greasy so if I didn’t have the money for reform, this is what I settled for.
Danya R.
Los Angeles , CA
Verified Purchase
Mostly I use henna to make my hair red, and that stuff isn't coming out even if I shampooed with hydrochloric acid, so I don't normally worry about color loss. However, henna takes time, and sometimes I use a commercial chemical dye on my roots until my next henna night. Often the color on my roots would fade in a shampoo or two. This shampoo cleans my hair without stripping the color, or drying my hair.

Of course, my hair is very, very healthy...I eat right, take a variety of supplements, never use a blow dryer, and shampoo once a week, if that...most days I use dilute conditioner to wash my hair. I have hair to my hips, and I plan to grow it to my knees, so I am not your usual hair product consumer; so YMMV with this shampoo.
Alysia R.
Port Townsend, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use mine with the corresponding conditioner. I love the smell of all Garnier products. I love that they keep there prices very affordable. There is a huge variety of products from this brand. I have used them for over a decade now and still very satisfied. This cleans my hair gently and does not strip it or leave it dry. It smells fresh and clean and is great on my color treated hair.
Jenna J.
Syosset, NY
I found this product really cheap and this was the only one available. Can I use it even though I don't color my hair.
Angela F.
Hudson, NH
How well does this product protect your hair color? I have dyed mine bright red, and it becomes dull super easy. How well would this help maintain brightness?
Renee S.
Orlando, Fl
I just got my hair colored for the first time in years and I want to make it last. What do you think is the best shampoo/conditioner to help me protect my color?
Lauane B.
Florianópolis
Isso é um shampoo?
Heather L.
College Park, MD
Does this actually help make the color last longer and keep it shiny?