BY GARNIER #17 in Texturizing Spray

"garnier fructis style deconstructed beach chic texturizing spray with black fig. no beach required! Tousle and texturize your hair for all day beach waves. ...

• Is this stuff good for wavy hair? Does it leave your hair crunchy? ...3 Answers
  • Can I let my hair air-dry with this product, or is it highly recomm...9 Answers
  • I have really thick short hair and I want to do different styles th...3 Answers
Molly F.
Molly F.
Brandenburg, KY
Pros:
-Smell, nice slightly floral.
-Price, more affordable than many alternatives

Cons:
-Made my hair frizzy. I have very fine hair, so this may not be an issue for everyone.
-Sprayer did not spray as fine of a mist as I would like. Having fine hair, I need to be very sparing with products or it gets weighed down easily. Ahain, this might not be an issue for everyone.
-Didn't perform as expected. I have naturally straight hair that doesn't like to curl much, but if I sleep wth it in a braid, it does wave. This spray did nothung to help hold the wave in or give me the "beachy" look, it just weighed most of my hair down while making all of my flyaways incredibly frizzy, like if my hair was very VERY static-y.

I really wanted to like this product, but it just doesn't perform well on my type of hair, but if your mileage may vary, especially if you have different textured hair than me.
Amy T.
Amy T.
Springfield, VA
This product gives the perfect beach look. This is not a hair spray, nor will it enhance your curls. The product gives a look very closely to how it looks when you let your hair dry after being in the ocean water. The smell is okay, i don't really like the smell but the smell is bearable. What i like to do is leave my hair in two french braids overnight, take it out in the morning and spray it then scrunch. You won't get soft beautiful curls. You won't be able to comb through your hair without it being frizzy. I got a beachy effortless look. Keep in mind I have thick, long, hair.
nicole a.
nicole a.
Homer Glen, IL
Until now I haven't been a huge fan of Fructis products as they seemed to make my roots limp and greasy but the Beach Spray changed all that. I absolutely love it! I recently bleached my hair and was looking for a way to style it without heat and this is amazing. A couple squirts and a scrunch and I'm out the door in a flash! My hair is naturally a bit wavy but this makes it look super curly, as if Ive had a beach wave done in the salon. It used to take an hour of sectioning and blow drying to look presentable and now I have great haor with no damage in minutes!
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
I loved using sea salt products in my hair to bring out waves.After this product came out,i was excited to try it,i love Garnier products.They are my favorite,but this wasn't that good of a product.It didn't seem to work like i thought it would and also as the commercial made it seem.It didn't leave my hair wavy.It make it look dry and messy.It was like a frizz.maybe my hair just doesn't work with this product!I just wouldn't buy it again.
Claire E.
Claire E.
Santa Monica , CA
I like this texturizing spray, but don't love it. It definitely adds a bit of texture to the hair as it's supposed to, but in my personal experience, you have to spray a TON of product in your hair in order to see results. That's kind of annoying for me. I have to spray so much that my hair almost looks wet for a few minutes until the product dries out. Other than that though, the product is great and it smells AWESOME!
Emily W.
Emily W.
Columbus, OH
I really like this product. It isn't too expensive and is really effective in giving my hair beach waves. I pray it in my hair while it is damp, then I blow it dry and it doesn't leave a sticky film on my hair once I'm done which is probably my most favorite thing about this product. A little also goes a long way so you don't have to use a lot of it to see a change in your hair.
Alyssa H.
Alyssa H.
Now I only tried this once before so need to try it again but when I did try it I didn't like it at all, it made my hair hard, syicky, and gross feeling. I had to wash my hair right away after using it. My mom liked it it worked good for her but not for me at all. I also notice it didn't really do anything otherwise either besides make my hair look and feel horrible.
Lauren C.
Lauren C.
When I used this on my natural curls I got tons of compliments! All I did was spray it in and let it air dry, the curls did the rest. I have noticed though I don't see it on the shelf anymore and the last time I bought it It was on clearance so it make me wonder if it has been discontinued. I do need to try some other sea salt sprays though, just for comparison.
Taylor T.
Taylor T.
San Antonio, TX
This smells really good and gives a salty beachy look that it's designed for. My only complaint is that it doesn't feel nice in your hair, and you won't really want to touch it. It doesn't feel sticky really but definitely feels kinda dirty (which I guess is the point). I only use it when I'm actually going to the beach or swimming.
Itzayana V.
Itzayana V.
Fresno, CA
I really love the beach hair look this however did not do it for me. Besides leaving my hair smelling like maple syrup it also left my hair feeling dry and stiff. I'm not sure if it was because my hair naturally dry and curly. But if you have dry curly thick hair I don't recommend it.
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Longview , WA
Can I let my hair air-dry with this product, or is it highly recommended that blow it dry?
Abbie  G.
Abbie G.
Notre dame des lile perrot, Quebec
Is this stuff good for wavy hair? Does it leave your hair crunchy? What is the best way to use it?
Emily K.
Emily K.
Cohutta, GA
I have really thick short hair and I want to do different styles than just straight. A lot of products I've tried don't do anything but make my hair look gross. Will this work well with thick hair?
Hannah D.
Hannah D.
Vermillion, SD
Is this product found in Walmart because I tried looking in the Garnier hair section of my Walmart and I could not for the life of me find this... Any other possible places I could locate it to try?
maggie l.
maggie l.
Santa Ana, CA
Does this really work? If it does, how long does it last.