Garnier Color Styler Intense Wash-Out Colour

Intense Wash-Out Color

New, commitment-free temporary hair color:

• Ultra-easy application for any style.
  • Zero damage.
  • Use on dry hair, no rinsing.
  • Washes out in 2-3 shampoos*.

Depending on your current hair color, results will be different.

Is it right for me?
Color Styler can be used on all hair colors, types and textures. It also works on chemically treated and colored hair. The color result and length of time that it lasts may vary depending on your current hair color and condition.

How is it different?
Color Styler is Intense Wash-Out Color with Revolutionary Color Coat Technology. The clay-based pigmented formula creates a thin color-coat on the surface of hair without damaging it. When dry, color does not rub off or stain clothes.

Usage:
1. Protect - Put on gloves provided in the pack.
2. Shake - Shake the bottle vigorously with the cap on for 10 seconds.
3. Squeeze - Squeeze a few drops of the product directly onto the tips of your gloved fingers.
4. Rub - Spread the product between your fingers by rubbing them together.
5. Apply - Select a small section of hair and slide your gloved fingers over it. Reapply color and repeat for each section you want to color.
6. Brush - Let the product dry thoroughly, then brush hair to set product.

A friend & I want to try this dye, but we have highlights (both old & new) that we want to go back to eventually. Will this product wash out of pre-dyed, bleached hair?
Do this product completely wash out the first time ? Does it stain a lot ?
Has anyone with blonde hair used this? If so is it a bright or dark purple?
Start your review of Garnier Color Styler Intense Wash-Out Colour!
How would you rate this product?
If I could give this product 0 stars, I would. I have never been so disappointed. it’s been several days since I used this and my hair has been tangled up since then. My black straight hair has never ever felt like this. Purple residue is still coming off on my fingers and clothes. I had to throw out a hair brush because of the residue. DO NOT BUY THIS! IT WILL TURN HAIR DRY AND TANGLY!
Garfield , NJ
Brought this product to give myself a different look the color came out as expected however the formula could have been better it wasn’t as pigment as I would have liked it to be. Easy to use and no I would not buy this again.
Crest Hill, IL
Fun color that lets you change because it washes out pretty fast! Love the ease of this product. Easy to find everywhere so give it a try. Darker hair may require more intense color or even two boxes.
Kissimmee , FL
Garnier Color Styler Intense Wash-Out Colour uploaded by Amanda M.
This picture is not what I tried I actually got a vox box completely free and I had bleach blond hair and I tried it on a few pieces of hair and it gave me a beautiful color light lavender and it brightened up my blonde a whole lot and faded after a few washes
Linden, TN
Garnier Color Styler Intense Wash-Out Colour uploaded by Brianna C.
This Garnier hair color product is so neat! It's super easy to use! It lasts on average about 2-3 shampoos, so it doesn't wash out immediately. It's nice for those wanting to add some pink, or try any color on their hair, for that matter, without the commitment of having to keep it up, like with using a permanent product would. It goes on very easily. Just simply place the color where you want it. And it dries down. And once it does, it won't rub off or stain anything. It's best to have a light hair color to use this, if you want vibrant pink results. I used it when my hair was light blonde, and the pink streaks were vibrant and stunning. Lol I was actually sad when they washed out. So got permanent fuchsia streaks put in recently from the salon. Love trying different colors out. 😍
Kissimmee, FL
This product didn't really work that well for me. I have dark brown hair and it's really hard to find something that shows up on my type of hair, the color did not show up at all and it definitely didn't work for me. It is very very liquidy and can turn into a huge mess if you don't have the right set up and materials to do it. The color stained on my clothes and on my white bathroom counter. Even though this product didn't work for me if you have a lighter hair color and you want to add a pop of color you can definitely get it working for you, just make sure to be prepared just in case it does get a little messy.
I bought this product for $3.99 at Ross (as it has been discontinued) on a whim. I hadn't heard of it before but I love trying fun colors in my hair, and although I've done more permanent colors before, I wanted something more temporary. I got home and started looking at reviews and videos for this product and I became hesitant because of all the negative reviews saying it knotted and made hair fall out, and felt dry and damaged. I saw a few positive reviews and just decided to try a small test patch in case it didn't turn out, and I could just trim it off. I followed the directions according to the package precisely. I deposited a very small amount of product onto my gloved fingers and rubbed them together, then rolled and smoothed the color onto my hair. I noticed that, like many other reviews have stated, that my hair felt dry and stiff. But that is to be expected, as you are supposed to let the color dry, and then brush it out. It seemed to dry very quickly, especially on my hair that sometimes takes a full day to dry. I took the dryness as the sign that it was ready to be brushed. This is the part I was nervous about, but I was pleasantly surprised when my hair brushed out just fine and didn't feel any different than normal. So I decided to continue on with my original intention of "dip-dyeing" my ends. I finished the application exactly as I had with my test patch, and separated my hair into sections to make brushing through the product later easier. Again I noticed it dried very quickly, but to be sure prior to brushing, I used a blow dryer on low to ensure it was dry. I then went ahead and brushed it starting at the very end and working up. I was, again, very happy with how easily it brushed out, tangle and pain free. The color was very vivid and intense on my blonde hair. Despite being very happy with the color pay off, I had to immediately wash my hair because it's curly, and those who also have curly hair know what happens after it's brushed (poofy). So I hoped that all my work wouldn't wash out. It did appear that it washed mostly out but what was left was a lot more pastel rather than neon, and possibly some spots gone completely. **Update** The following morning after washing my hair the color has faded to a very beautiful rosey shade. I'm absolutely love the results and look forward to trying it again. I didn't experience any of the complaints I've read in previous reviews, such as dryness, tangling, hair loss, or the feeling of added texture (hairspray coated feeling). Feels just like normal, just with a fun color. Definitely recommend!
I love the convenience of the product, and that you can reuse the color, instead of having to throw away any that you don't use (at least for my needs). I only wanted to add a little pop of color/highlights so it's perfect for that. BUT, like the other users it does make the hair hard which makes me wonder what if any damage is being done to my hair. I have locs so brushing is not an option, and I thought that by not being able to fully brush it, that maybe that's why it's hard. But after reading other reviews, I know now that is not the case. I might be afraid to brush it if it were loose for fear of it breaking off. I added the color on Sunday morning, it is now Tuesday midday. The hair has softened, but not like my natural uncolored hair. I'll probably try the product again because I do like being able to have the color w/o having to bleach my hair first. Curious to see how long the color actually lasts.
Ponte Vedra, FL
Garnier Color Styler Intense Wash-Out Colour uploaded by Jillian S.
I was really nervous but I decided to go for it and loved it. Make sure you use a bush and evenly distribute. I love it and I'm not a dare devil at all! It looks really nice with my blonde hair. Would try again if summer was longer. Love it in the sun light.
ORANGEVALE, CA
Garnier Color Styler Intense Wash-Out Colour uploaded by Joy J.
I had wanted to add some fun color to my hair for a while, but was finally spurred to action on April 21, 2016...one of the saddest days of my life AKA the day we lost Prince *sniffle sniffle tear* In an effort to both soothe my grief & honor His Royal Badness, I turned to this purple Garnier paint-in color. Initially I was worried about the rough texture other reviewers had mentioned as well as the color being invisible over my reddish/brown hair...but I'm happy to report that both concerns were needless! Not only was the purple visible, it was VIBRANT...for days!! And because I took a few extra steps to mitigate any potential for a rough or frizzy end-result (applied leave-in conditioner to the colored strands before AND after applying dye, then used a blow dryer to dry said strands vs letting them air dry, followed by a flat iron as per my usual routine; applied my usual finishing products)...end result: smooth & sexy...just like my beloved Prince! REST IN PAISLEY <3
Ask a question to the Influenster community...