BY GARNIER #6 in Temporary Hair Color

Intense Wash-Out Color

New, commitment-free temporary hair color:

• Ultra-easy application for any style.
  • Zero damage.
  • Use on dry hair, no rinsing.
  • Washes out in 2-3 shampoos*.

Depending on your current hair color, results will be different.

Is it right for me?
Color Styler can be used on all hair colors, types and textures. It also works on chemically treated and colored hair. The color result and length of time that it lasts may vary depending on your current hair color and condition.

How is it different?
Color Styler is Intense Wash-Out Color with Revolutionary Color Coat Technology. The clay-based pigmented formula creates a thin color-coat on the surface of hair without damaging it. When dry, color does not rub off or stain clothes.

Usage:
1. Protect - Put on gloves provided in the pack.
2. Shake - Shake the bottle vigorously with the cap on for 10 seconds.
3. Squeeze - Squeeze a few drops of the product directly onto the tips of your gloved fingers.
4. Rub - Spread the product between your fingers by rubbing them together.
5. Apply - Select a small section of hair and slide your gloved fingers over it. Reapply color and repeat for each section you want to color.
6. Brush - Let the product dry thoroughly, then brush hair to set product.

• Does this show up on darker hair colors? My hair has a da...1 Answers
  • How soon does it wash out? Would it work well with my hai...1 Answers
  • Does this product leave your hair crunchy like using hair...1 Answers
Brianna C.
Flatwoods, TN
This Garnier hair color product is so neat! It's super easy to use! It lasts on average about 2-3 shampoos, so it doesn't wash out immediately. It's nice for those wanting to add some pink, or try any color on their hair, for that matter, without the commitment of having to keep it up, like with using a permanent product would. It goes on very easily. Just simply place the color where you want it. And it dries down. And once it does, it won't rub off or stain anything. It's best to have a light hair color to use this, if you want vibrant pink results. I used it when my hair was light blonde, and the pink streaks were vibrant and stunning. Lol I was actually sad when they washed out. So got permanent fuchsia streaks put in recently from the salon. Love trying different colors out. ūüėć
Riah W.
1,894 reviews
I used this product in April of 2014 and everyone that saw me called me 'the siren' I used the blue colour and it came out a murky green colour. It wasn't the desired effect, but it came out even better than expected. This colour actually lasted a few washes, and a couple patches of my hair this colour lasted a few months. I was able to get it out fairly easy, but those patches where the colour stuck were a major pain.
Melanie W.
I bought this product for $3.99 at Ross (as it has been discontinued) on a whim. I hadn't heard of it before but I love trying fun colors in my hair, and although I've done more permanent colors before, I wanted something more temporary. I got home and started looking at reviews and videos for this product and I became hesitant because of all the negative reviews saying it knotted and made hair fall out, and felt dry and damaged. I saw a few positive reviews and just decided to try a small test patch in case it didn't turn out, and I could just trim it off. I followed the directions according to the package precisely. I deposited a very small amount of product onto my gloved fingers and rubbed them together, then rolled and smoothed the color onto my hair. I noticed that, like many other reviews have stated, that my hair felt dry and stiff. But that is to be expected, as you are supposed to let the color dry, and then brush it out. It seemed to dry very quickly, especially on my hair that sometimes takes a full day to dry. I took the dryness as the sign that it was ready to be brushed. This is the part I was nervous about, but I was pleasantly surprised when my hair brushed out just fine and didn't feel any different than normal. So I decided to continue on with my original intention of "dip-dyeing" my ends. I finished the application exactly as I had with my test patch, and separated my hair into sections to make brushing through the product later easier. Again I noticed it dried very quickly, but to be sure prior to brushing, I used a blow dryer on low to ensure it was dry. I then went ahead and brushed it starting at the very end and working up. I was, again, very happy with how easily it brushed out, tangle and pain free. The color was very vivid and intense on my blonde hair. Despite being very happy with the color pay off, I had to immediately wash my hair because it's curly, and those who also have curly hair know what happens after it's brushed (poofy). So I hoped that all my work wouldn't wash out. It did appear that it washed mostly out but what was left was a lot more pastel rather than neon, and possibly some spots gone completely. **Update** The following morning after washing my hair the color has faded to a very beautiful rosey shade. I'm absolutely love the results and look forward to trying it again. I didn't experience any of the complaints I've read in previous reviews, such as dryness, tangling, hair loss, or the feeling of added texture (hairspray coated feeling). Feels just like normal, just with a fun color. Definitely recommend!
Aliy O.
Kissimmee, FL
This product didn't really work that well for me. I have dark brown hair and it's really hard to find something that shows up on my type of hair, the color did not show up at all and it definitely didn't work for me. It is very very liquidy and can turn into a huge mess if you don't have the right set up and materials to do it. The color stained on my clothes and on my white bathroom counter. Even though this product didn't work for me if you have a lighter hair color and you want to add a pop of color you can definitely get it working for you, just make sure to be prepared just in case it does get a little messy.
LEAR43094 CORAIMA P.
I love the convenience of the product, and that you can reuse the color, instead of having to throw away any that you don't use (at least for my needs). I only wanted to add a little pop of color/highlights so it's perfect for that. BUT, like the other users it does make the hair hard which makes me wonder what if any damage is being done to my hair. I have locs so brushing is not an option, and I thought that by not being able to fully brush it, that maybe that's why it's hard. But after reading other reviews, I know now that is not the case. I might be afraid to brush it if it were loose for fear of it breaking off. I added the color on Sunday morning, it is now Tuesday midday. The hair has softened, but not like my natural uncolored hair. I'll probably try the product again because I do like being able to have the color w/o having to bleach my hair first. Curious to see how long the color actually lasts.
Jillian S.
3399 North Road, Marist College, Poughkeepsie
I was really nervous but I decided to go for it and loved it. Make sure you use a bush and evenly distribute. I love it and I'm not a dare devil at all! It looks really nice with my blonde hair. Would try again if summer was longer. Love it in the sun light.
Joy J.
ORANGEVALE, CA
I had wanted to add some fun color to my hair for a while, but was finally spurred to action on April 21, 2016...one of the saddest days of my life AKA the day we lost Prince *sniffle sniffle tear*

In an effort to both soothe my grief & honor His Royal Badness, I turned to this purple Garnier paint-in color. Initially I was worried about the rough texture other reviewers had mentioned as well as the color being invisible over my reddish/brown hair...but I'm happy to report that both concerns were needless!

Not only was the purple visible, it was VIBRANT...for days!! And because I took a few extra steps to mitigate any potential for a rough or frizzy end-result (applied leave-in conditioner to the colored strands before AND after applying dye, then used a blow dryer to dry said strands vs letting them air dry, followed by a flat iron as per my usual routine; applied my usual finishing products)...end result: smooth & sexy...just like my beloved Prince! REST IN PAISLEY <3
aly h.
I have ALWAYS got this hair dye. I seriously have never tried anything else after. I use the one that has the avacado in it, so it smooths out my hair rather than making it dray and frayed. It stays in for a long time too. I recommend this to everyone when they're looking for what hair dye to choose.
Kristina J.
Macon, GA
This stuff is amazing. I use it around the holidays or when I just want to do something different with my hair. And it's perfect because I don't have to worry about having to deal with getting it touched up when my hair grows or if I have to go somewhere important because it washes out no problems.
Lori T.
Garnier intense wash out color is a fun temporary color that washes out in 3-4 shampoos. Great if you need a temporary change. Around $10 a box. It says no damage. So far I haven't noticed any. Of course depends on your hair color as to what color your hair will turn out. Can get on amazon.
Sanchez D.
I was wondering if this works on dark hair? and if so what is the best way to use it
Irina K.
Brooklyn, NY
Does this give you a natural look of color?
Haley L.
Ogden, UT
Does this wash out completely? I have dark blonde hair and I want it to wash out COMPLETELY, not leave weird tints or shades in my hair?
Jesenia M.
Bronx, NY
I have been looking for a temporary hair dye to switch up my look. However I have really dark brown hair and am skeptical about the color actually showing. Has anyone with dark, unbleached hair used this product? What shade did it turn out?
Nicole S.
San Francisco, CA
How long does this last in color treated hair?

Amazon