BY GARNIER #39 in Permanent Hair Color

Shade: 8.21 - Sweet Lavender Dreams

Rich, long lasting hair color cream with multi-dimensional pigments for sensational color

Color Sensation is a rich hair color cream with multi-dimensional pigments for sensational color and silky shine and 100% gray coverage. The no mess, non-drip cream formula is easy to apply. Plus, in every hair coloring kit, you'll find an easy-to-use precision application brush, perfect for those hard to reach areas or to ensure clean application around your hairline.

Ingredients: Aqua / Water / Eau Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale Cetearyl Alcohol Ethanolamine Ammonium Hydroxide Steareth-20 Steareth-2 Polyquaternium-6 Sodium Metabisulfite Parfum / Fragrance Erythorbic Acid Edta Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil 5-amino-6-chloro-o-cresol N,n-bis(2-hydroxyethyl)-p-phenylenediamine Sulfate Hydroxyethoxy Aminopyrazolopyridine Hcl Tocopherol Fil Code D213561/1

Usage: Applying Color Sensation: Full Head or Root Touch Up

Color Sensation is a rich, non drip creme formula with a precision haircoloring brush included for comfortable application.

Follow this step-by-step process when applying color at home:

FULL HEAD APPLICATION
1) Always do a skin test 48 hours before.
2) Apply to dry, unwashed hair.
3) Apply gloves, squeeze colorant into developer bottle.
4) Break off the tip and shake the bottle vigorously.
5) Start applying color at the roots, then away from roots to the tips. Use brush for more precision.
6) Extend color through the ends, and massage into hair.
7) Leave formula on for 25 minutes or 30 minutes if you have lots of gray hair or resistant/coarse hair.
8) Massage hair thoroughly before rinsing to optimize rinsing process.
9) Rinse hair thoroughly until water runs clear.
10) Apply conditioner after color and leave on for two minutes, then rinse thoroughly.

ROOT TOUCH UP APPLICATION
1) Always do a skin test 48 hours before.
2) Apply to dry, unwashed hair.
3) Apply gloves, squeeze colorant into developer bottle.
4) Break off the tip and shake the bottle vigorously.
5) Start applying color at the roots, using the brush for more precision.
6) Leave formula on for 20 minutes or 35 minutes if you have lots of gray hair or resistant/coarse hair.
7) Spread the remaning mixture through your ends and leave on for an additional 5 minutes.
9) Rinse hair thoroughly until water runs clear.

• I just received this lavender color from Influenster in t...7 Answers
  • Has anyone successfully used this "lavender" to color jus...4 Answers
Gina J.
I got the Garnier Color Sensation this last week or so and couldn't wait to try it out. I had an awesome look planned and went ahead and grabbed some toner at a local beauty supply store because my hair is finicky. I double checked the color guide on the box and made sure it was going to show up, and my roots are an ash blonde but respond to lightening fairly well, so I figured I was safe. I went to apply the Garnier color, and it mixed very well, no overpowering smell or anything. I love that it came with a brush to use to apply at the roots, which was what I did. I pulled a little color through some pieces just for added fun. The processing time was fairly quick, as expected since my hair was pretty light to begin with at the ends. I waited probably 15-20 minutes and washed/conditioned my hair with the included conditioner, dried, and saw my result. Unfortunately, the purple didn't even show up at my roots, and made them look more red. I'm guessing it pulled the warmth from the purple pigment. There was no color lifting. All in all, I wouldn't say it was a BAD product, just didn't work for me, as there wasn't a lifting agent in it. Safer for your hair, yes, but if you're any darker than an ash, I don't think the pastel purple effect is what you'd get, despite the color guide. My hair felt super soft after, and even styling it does not seem like it's dried out at all, which is nice! Over all, it was a great product, and for an at home hair dye, the product is very good compared to most I've used in the past.

**i did receive this product for free from Influenster, but all thoughts/comments in the review are solely based on my own opinions**
Bria S.
Cheyenne, WY
1. Do you like the hair shade?
I love this hair shade.  I have dyed my hair this general color in the past with less optimal effects.  It came out a bit more purple on the box since my hair is bleached.
2. How does it look/feel?
The color looks great and didn't make my hair feel any more damaged than it felt before.
3. Will you use it again?
I would definitely use this color again when I wanted to spice my hair color up.
4. Would you recommend it to others?
I would recommend this to someone else looking to go with an awesome purple hue!
Mandy B.
Clearwater, FL
So I received my garnier Vox box today it was sweet lavender dreams . I was a little scared to try this color but I dyed my tips and the color is beautiful I'm so happy with it ,kinda wish I did my whole head it's just a gorgeous color. It came with the developer,color creme,after color conditioner,after nice little application brush the instructions and gloves. The smell was light not strong like other dyes and after washing with the conditioner it smells good and my hair is super soft and looks healthier :) the dye was easy to mix and apply I left mine on for 20-25 minutes. I will defiantly be trying out some of the other colors for my self and recommend this hair dye to anyone who likes color an dyes their hair at home!!!"I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes."
Denise W.
Astoria, NY
So this shade is not meant for people who have dark hair or dark treated hair. The color is a beautiful light lavender. I knew I wasn't going to end up looking like the picture on the box but I gave it a shot. The box comes with color, developer bottle, conditioner, gloves, application brush, and instructions. Very similar to other at home hair color, you apply the product and rinse out after 25 minutes. It does have a strong chemical smell. The result on my hair was that it took it a shade lighter and gave good coverage on my grey hairs as well. It's not a bad color and I'm pretty happy with the outcome, it's just not the color on the box. Next time I'll try another color. Note: I am reviewing this as part of a contest.
Erin N.
Bozeman, MT
I got this as part of my first VoxBox. I had mixed emotions about trying it as I’ve heard boxed pastels can be really harsh in your hair and I didn’t want anything too crazy. I am bleach blonde and the box showed that it may turn my hair very deep purple, which I didn’t want. So, I went for a peek-a-boo ombré effect on the underside of my hair. It turned out super light. I love the lavender color and now wish I would have used more. My hair doesn’t feel any drier. And I have to note that this stuff didn’t have that terrible hair color smell. It was easy to apply with the brush and it was a great experience overall. I do think the packaging portrays a different result than what you get, but either way the color is pretty.
Brittany K.
Cincinnati, OH
So, I really like this color. I have the lightest blond hair so it came out a little darker, but I still love it. It went on easy, and didn't really smell to strong. It did have a chemical smell, but it was extremely tolerable. I do recommend 2 boxes of you have long hair, but I was still incredibly surprised at how far that little bottle went. If I would've had half a bottle more I could've done all my hair. Like most dyes, it will dye your skin, sink, doors, etc. Anything it touches. But it washed off my skin fairly easy. I haven't gotten to the other places. All in all id say a decent product. #influenster #gotitfree #voxbox
Priscilla R.
Coral Springs, FL
Garnier Color Sensation Rich Long-Lasting Color Cream just didn't live up to my hair color dreams. I really wanted to like this product, but sadly I wouldn't use it again. I did appreciate that the product comes with an applicator brush when many other at home colors do not. The smell was very intense for an at home color. I expected more from Garnier since so much of their hair products smell amazing. It comes with a cheap package conditioner vs a tube. The conditioner is quite heavily floral scented. I wasn't sure what to expect for the color since the box described the color to be darker on color treated hair and lighter on hair that has not been colored. I applied this to blonde color treated hair and it is barely even noticeable. #NotWhatIExpected #Fail #Influenster #Garnier #NotMyDream
Melissa M.
Although it is a beautiful color on the photos I've seen on other reviews, it didn't work for me. It pulled the slight red out of my hair A LOT. Definitely made my hair a lighter shade of red, which is actually very pretty, but disappointed that I didn't get the lavender result. I'm actually now looking for another Garnier Nutrisse color that has Violet in it to see if I can achieve a purple-y color! Garnier Color Sensation Rich Long-Lasting Color Cream
Rachel H.
Uhrichsville, OH
The lavender color is just extraordinary! I wish, myself having dark brown hair, that it could have been a little bit brighter and more noticeable but I only did the tips of my ends as I am an older lady and I didn't want to seem like I was going through a mid-life crisis LOL! But I love the color and I have gotten many compliments on it and I recommend it for anyone that desires a nice different pains from the ordinary.
Gina S.
Tallahassee, FL
As a long time lavender-haired gal, I was hoping for more intense pigment to show up. My natural hair color is a dark blonde and the roots I've been growing for 3 months did not show an obvious lavender, as the color chart on the side of the box depicted.
Other than the subtlety, the application was super straight forward and the smell was FANTASTIC! I will definitely use this product again, as it was a gentle way to lighten my locks in preparation for a semipermanent, more vibrant color !
Thanks, @influenster! #gotitfree #voxbox #lavenderhair
*I received this product free for testing and reviewing purposes*
Beth S.
Barberton, OH
I just received this lavender color from Influenster in the mail. It was my first time getting a voxbox I was unaware this is the color I chose to get. I have super blonde hair and am willing to maybe do this color but I'm afraid of it turning out grey toned. Anyone with platinum blonde hair tried this yet? The box makes it look like it'll come out a little dark. If anything my brother is def going to let me use this color on him. He has dirty blonde hair.
Rachel H.
Uhrichsville, OH
Has anyone successfully used this "lavender" to color just the ends of long medium brown hair? Or maybe just a little random strip from root to tip like a cute accent stripe? As a middle aged homemaker, I'm just afraid of whispers about a "mid life crisis" haha! Garnier Color Sensation Rich Long-Lasting Color Cream