BY GARNIER #48 in Permanent Hair Color

Shade: 6.17 - Out of the Blue

Rich, long lasting hair color cream with multi-dimensional pigments for sensational color

Color Sensation is a rich hair color cream with multi-dimensional pigments for sensational color and silky shine and 100% gray coverage. The no mess, non-drip cream formula is easy to apply. Plus, in every hair coloring kit, you'll find an easy-to-use precision application brush, perfect for those hard to reach areas or to ensure clean application around your hairline.

Ingredients: Aqua / Water / Eau Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale Cetearyl Alcohol Ethanolamine Ammonium Hydroxide Steareth-20 Steareth-2 Polyquaternium-6 Sodium Metabisulfite Parfum / Fragrance Erythorbic Acid Edta Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil N,n-bis(2-hydroxyethyl)-p-phenylenediamine Sulfate 5-amino-6-chloro-o-cresol Tocopherol Fil Code D213562/1

Usage: Applying Color Sensation: Full Head or Root Touch Up

Color Sensation is a rich, non drip creme formula with a precision haircoloring brush included for comfortable application.

Follow this step-by-step process when applying color at home:

FULL HEAD APPLICATION
1) Always do a skin test 48 hours before.
2) Apply to dry, unwashed hair.
3) Apply gloves, squeeze colorant into developer bottle.
4) Break off the tip and shake the bottle vigorously.
5) Start applying color at the roots, then away from roots to the tips. Use brush for more precision.
6) Extend color through the ends, and massage into hair.
7) Leave formula on for 25 minutes or 30 minutes if you have lots of gray hair or resistant/coarse hair.
8) Massage hair thoroughly before rinsing to optimize rinsing process.
9) Rinse hair thoroughly until water runs clear.
10) Apply conditioner after color and leave on for two minutes, then rinse thoroughly.

ROOT TOUCH UP APPLICATION
1) Always do a skin test 48 hours before.
2) Apply to dry, unwashed hair.
3) Apply gloves, squeeze colorant into developer bottle.
4) Break off the tip and shake the bottle vigorously.
5) Start applying color at the roots, using the brush for more precision.
6) Leave formula on for 20 minutes or 35 minutes if you have lots of gray hair or resistant/coarse hair.
7) Spread the remaning mixture through your ends and leave on for an additional 5 minutes.
9) Rinse hair thoroughly until water runs clear.

• How well does it show up on dark hair without bleaching?6 Answers
Jessica N.
Maumee, OH
I received Garnier Color Sensation Head in the Clouds (8.10 light blue) from Influenster today to try and review and I am so excited to try a color I was never bold enough to buy on my own :) ill keep you posted on how it goes! My hair is already a light purple burgundy color with lighter ends. Im excited to see what color this makes :)

Garnier Color Sensation 6.17 - Out of the Blue
So i just got done with my hair. (IE. dying, washing, drying, straightening.)

I have to admit im kind of out there with my hair color choices. I like to be different. Not to stand out from the rest, just because it allows my personality to shine while making me happy to be me.

I have tried every color from bleach blonde to bright purple and im always up for new styles and different outside of the box ideas.

I have short hair but its fairly thick and i wish i would have had two bottles to be able to thoroughly get my roots but i love the new shade of my hair! It has a beautiful blue tint and my ends are more of a lighter blue.

I have to admit through, i was not a fan of the conditioner that was provided by Garnier with the box of dye. It left my hair a little rough and normally my hair is really soft after i use after dye conditioner.

All in all i WILL absolutely try this shade again as well as explore other colors.

I would like to thank Influenster for my new VoxBox and the opportunity to try new products and review using my personal opinion.

#VoxBox #Influenster #Garnier #ColorSensation #OutOfTheBlue Garnier Color Sensation 6.17 - Out of the Blue
So i just got done with my hair. (IE. dying, washing, drying, straightening.)

#VoxBox #Influenster #Garnier #ColorSensation #OutOfTheBlue
Holly G.
Westminster, CO
I've never dyed my entire head before, so that alone was an experiment. I've played around with some small sections bleached then dyed.

Since I didn't want to bleach my entire head, I decided to put it straight on my natural medium to dark brown (top right pic). It came out ... similar in color to the box, but definitely more muted. It mostly just turned my hair dark gray/black with a blue-ish hue. After 3 weeks in my hair, using shampoo/conditioner designed for color-treated hair, it has mostly faded away (bottom right pic, taken today).

When dyeing my hair, I only used about half the bottle, since I have short hair, which has been thinned out from cutting. After the first session, it wasn't enough (middle right pic). I came back about an hour or two later, and used the rest of the bottle. Only after using the entire bottle in my hair, was the color really apparent (main pic and one below)! Pretty good color, though... The dye itself didn't smell too bad, and didn't stain my scalp too bad, and what did stain washed away within after a wash or two. I waited about 3 days to wash my hair after the initial rinse, like my stylist has recommended in the past. The after-color conditioner that they provided smelled nice, but wasn't anything special. I agree with most reviewers here, the gloves were ... Huge and baggy, so we used our own nitrile gloves that we had around. After dyeing it, my hair definitely changed texture. No longer the fresh, un-dyed feeling. More stiff and brittle almost. Not as much as I was expecting, but still not "soft" anymore.

I've had people describe this color in my hair as more "dark and stormy" than "bright and fun". So if that's what you're looking for, have fun!!

#VoxBox #Influenster #GotItFree #Garnier #ColorSensation #OutOfTheBlue
*I got the garnier VOXBOX free from Influenster to review this product.* Garnier Color Sensation Rich Long-Lasting Color Cream
Amanda H.
Las Vegas, NV
I received Garnier Color Sensation 617 in color Out Of The Blue free fromInfluenster for testing purposes. This is the first time trying Garnier Color Sensation 617, but not the first time using a dye from Garnier. The application process is simple no different than any other box dye I have used. My hair feels fine after the process. I haven't experienced any dry or damaging effects. If your hair is past your shoulders I recommend buying 2 boxes of Garnier Color Sensation if you plan on covering your whole head because 1 box isn't going to cut it. Unfortunately, my hair is already a dark brown shade which isn't recommended for this particular color. I gave it a shot anyway just to see if it would take at all. But it didn't show up which I expected, the box shows on the back that my hair was way to darker than the darkest recommended shade. If your hair is darker than dark blonde I wouldn't recommend using this particular shade so I cant honestly review the color its self but the product its self I was happy with I didn't experience any burning on my scalp, my hair wasn't negatively affected, its an easy application, and I didn't experience any bleeding with this product. So I give two thumbs up for Garnier Color Sensation 617. I wouldn't recommend for dark hair but I think this would work best for blonde hair.
Zel E.
San Antonio, TX
I've been coloring my hair various "funky colors" for about 15 years so I've tried just about everything. I've waited so long for someone to come out with a "permanent" blue hair color. Most of the ones out there are just semi-permanent. I was so excited to try this new product from Garnier called Out of the Blue. I don't want to say I was blown away. But I definitely wasn't unhappy with it. I had to add some blue and purple hair dye since one box would not be enough. I tried looking in stores to buy more boxes but couldn't find them. Since my hair was a faded blue, I wasn't really expecting the gorgeous dark teal color like on the box, but I was also hoping it wouldn't come out like an ugly green color like some hair dyes can do. Thankfully it came out okay. I wish I could've just used two or three boxes of the brand so I could judge it better so maybe next time. So far the staying power is good. Not too much run or fading but I take extra precautions to help with fading. I would definitely try this brand again, and maybe even the other colors. But I don't think it would work too well on dark hair which is a real bummer.
Jessica N.
Walker, MI
I have used Garnier in the past and had it work well, so I was not surprised that this new color worked great! I got the "Out of the Blue" color to try and it definitely did not disappoint. My hair was already dyed a dark red and black, so to prepare, I did strip the lower layer of my hair to blend it in. My natural color is an Auburn red color, so according to the box, it wouldn't be super bright, which is ok with me (easier to blend in with my already dyed hair and easier to hide at work). The directions were super easy to follow and I love that it came with a root brush to get roots easier. I always leave hair dye in longer than suggested in the directions, as being a red hed, it takes longer for the dye to set. I left mine in for about 45 minutes. I love the final product! I will definitely be trying other colors once they hit the market! Garnier Color Sensation Rich Long-Lasting Color Cream
Kouly M.
Saint Paul, MN
I had lighten brown hair color before the dye. It literally just turned my hair black lol. You can only see that it is blue in the sunlight. As I'm washing my hair, it is now a not more prominent than when it first immediately was colored.

The coloring process was very, very messy. The gloves were wayyyyy too big and the so called brush/comb was no help at all. It made no sense to break the tip of the bottle, mix, then put your fingertip over to seal and shake. Why not just mix into the bottle then shake to activate before unsnipping the tip? This mild nuisance with my finger over the tip didn't make my mixing activate my coloring very well. I didn't know until later that my coloring cream in the bottle was suppose to be gray color looking, not white lol.

Overall, would I buy? No. Probably would purchase if I had platinum blonde for the best outcome, but then the blue was lackluster in appeal, it was more overall black.
Cricket K.
Very glad to be able to try this product as sent by Influenster to try for free! I wouldn't have purchased on my own otherwise, so it was exciting. This product was DEFINITELY easy to use! Easy to mix, it blended well. There was only a brief smell of chemical at the beginning of the pouring, but then it was a pleasant almost fruity/soft floral smell. Much more pleasant than most on the market. I love the consistency of the product. It wasn't too runny. Or too thick. I LOVE that the kit included the little brush. This makes for easy application. I section hair into much smaller pieces, and brush onto the length of the hair, and then sort of combed it through. Doing this helps the color actually saturate each of the strands. No itching. No burning. No tingling. It was a really decent experience in coloring. The color rinsed easily. Didn't stain the skin too badly, I washed immediately after any got on the skin. As my hairdresser has instructed numerous times over the years - I waited 4 days after coloring, to wash my hair. Most people wash their hair too soon, and it strips the color right away! I colored my hair on Sunday night.... washed it on Thursday evening. The color is still rocking after 3 washes, when I've seen others say it faded badly after 3 washes.
The color itself is a beautiful black/blue. My hair is definitely DARKER in warm light. But in cool lighting, and outside - It's dark, dark blue. And those brighter blue highlights are GORGEOUS. Overall. I'm impressed. If I can get a crazy, trendy color like this from a BOX, and it's actually ACCURATE according to the box, with even coverage and gorgeous highlights - I'm stoked. I'm sold. Definitely going to purchase this one next time!
(In all honesty, the ONLY thing I did not dig about this package, was the gloves. They're too big and bulky, so it's hard to work with the hair. I ended up using my own nitrite gloves that fit much more snugly, so I could grab the hair better and work the color in. But that was the only issue I had!)
Chrissy T.
Pittsboro, NC
Garnier Color Sensation Rich Long-Lasting Color Cream Let me just say this product WOW'd me! My hair was a faded purple before I put this on and I honestly didn't know what would happen. To my surprise my hair turned a gorgeous steel aqua blue! It's just as easy to use as any store bought hair dye. I prefer this much better than the highly stain-able semi permanent brands out there. The color did not transfer to my clothes or my pillow as other brands might. I will say though, you do have to have pre-lighted or naturally blond hair for this to show up. I have dark ash blond roots so the color didn't show up as much on my roots. Overall, I was quite impressed and I'll use this as my go to dye! Thanks, Garnier for my complementary color!#GotItFree
Amanda L.
Lakeland, FL
Okay I receive this in my voxbox. I was really excited because the color is out of the blue which is something fun and my hair was already a blue previously so it would mix well. This is also a permanent dye and not a temporary so I was really excited about the fact that it was not a semi-permanent but a permanent color. Now there were two issues that I did have with this product the 1st is that it's never enough for my hair my hair being so long one box wasn't going to dye my hair. So we attempted to do an ombre with the dye. My second complaint is that the dye itself is a thick cream which is really annoying for me again having the thick hair and the thick cream it's really hard to put it in your hair and divide it evenly so you have that even color so I have a few spots that are brighter than the others because of the disbursement of the dye. Overall I would purchase this product again if I had the opportunity to purchase more than one box just to see how it would look with enough dye to cover my entire hair. Also the product has yet to leak on any of my clothes pillows Etc even when wet so that's a good thing because most fun colors will leak and stain your stuff which is annoying.
#influenster
#gotitfree
#producttester
#garniercolorsensation

(The last picture is my hair before I dyed it)
Alicia P.
Doraville, GA
Unfortunately I can't really truly review this product since it is not ideal for my hair shade although my hair was already colored it was just a semi permanent red but falls under still being light brown since most of that is gone. I received this Garnier color sensation hair color in the shade In The Blue free of charge from influenster for my soul opinion and review of the product and I am not being paid. regardless I know that are color inside of hair is asked and I'm not sure why this product was sent to me in the first place but I would like to review future products so I still tried it and I'm pretty sure I damaged my hair for nothing. Too bad I cannot review this in a genuine manner since it doesn't show up for me.
Brittany T.
Alum Creek, WV
How well does it show up on dark hair without bleaching?