BY GARNIER

Gabriela N.
Gabriela N.
DORAL, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
All boxed color comes with 20 volume developer (i.e., peroxide). The amount of peroxide in it will continue to lighten your hair each time you color, but you won't see the bleached-orange-brassy color your hair has turned until the colored dye wears off (usually 2 months after you use a boxed dye kit). I have medium ash brown hair, naturally, but every ash brown boxed dye kit I try would make my hair RED (and make me terribly mad). Ask anyone who is trying to achieve an ASH color...they DO NOT want to end up with RED hair!!! Yet, that's what many women get, time after time with boxed color kits. After a lot of Googling over the past few days I found out that the strong developer that comes in boxed kits is to blame (not the color itself).

So, I ordered two boxes of the 5AB (a=ash, b=blonde?) ash mocha brown from Amazon--I have a lot of hair (past my shoulders). Then I went to Sally's and bought a bottle of 10 volume developer and threw away the boxed kit's 20 volume developer! That's right ladies...throw that crap away.

Using a lower volume of peroxide (i.e. 10, or even 5) *should* stop your hair from continuing to get bleached (and turn orange underneath the fresh color you're just putting on). The 10 volume developer will open up the hair cuticle just enough to let the color in (and keep it in for a few months) without continuing to lighten/bleach your new growth or your already-bleached orange/brassy old-growth hair. Combining the color dye with a 10 volume developer is being called demi-permanent these days, and it is supposed to be a deposit-only coloring option (as opposed to stronger developers which simultaneously bleach/lighten your hair AND deposit color)
Julia Lizeth Lear 31635 G.
Julia Lizeth Lear 31635 G.
Miami , FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Pure Color Intense with Extreme Shine. Intense deep conditioning. Super-long lasting. Pure & micro-minerals colorants. Multi-patented formula. 100% Pure. 100% Intense. 100% Long-lasting. Garnier 100% Color is a new generation of haircolor That Gives You Pure, intense color, turns off That Never. The patented multi-colored kit is Loaded with Pure colorants and even has micro-minerals for Reflects incredible and extreme shine. Pure colorants - blended into a gel-creme formulated breakthrough that's easy to apply - even on long hair. It glides through your hair to fully saturate each strand for Pure, intense color, beyond imagination. Plus the Intense Deep Conditioner has a natural micro-minerals and Vitamin B3. It Helps seal into the colored your hair, enriching its Purity and brilliance, I like this product
Patricia B.
Patricia B.
Algonquin, IL
Review for: 1 Application
I only use this for touch ups on my roots to cover my gray, works really well, but does seem to fad to a reddish hue on my hair. So for in between salon visits this does the trick. I would buy it again.
Naomi S.
Naomi S.
los angeles, CA
I haven't used tbis one but mi friends tell me about this , they say its very good and by the output of the product id say its very good too, some times i cant even tell if they dyed it or not.
Lissesh M.
Lissesh M.
Miami, Florida
Beauty Junkie Expert
These dyes leave a beautiful color in your hair and also nourishes preventing dryness by chemical, .It is a good option for those looking to dye your hair without causing damage
Geovanna B.
Geovanna B.
Keller, TX
This is my fVorite color is do great i like a lot this brand is my favorite the only bad think i dlnt feel to covered my gray hair
Julia G.
Julia G.
Jackson, GA
Love this brand of hair color for a great all over color that last through washing . Very affordable and not harsh chemical smell
Elizabeth L.
Elizabeth L.
Auburn , Me
I love the brand but the color was not as I expected for this one. I have used other colors and been happier with the outcome
liza v.
liza v.
Review for: 1 Application
It lasts very long! It covers your head fully and leaving your hair super soft with the little conditioner it comes with! I also think the conditioner is perfect for a weekend away and will fit anywhere in your bags. Thank you GARNIER for always looking after my hair and making sure my hair is finished with a smooth and shiny look! Garnier Nutrisse Hair Color Soft Black (20)
Kim P.
Kim P.
Murfreesboro , TN
Review for: 1 Application
I use this product to liven up the color of my hair. This shade is about my natural dark blonde/light brown color, it just adds a little pop. It's easy to use and the conditioner smells marvelous. It starts to lose its pop after a couple months.