BY GARMIN #79 in Fitness Equipment

Monitor everything from your heart rate to the number of calories you've burned with the Garmin Vivoactive fitness device. An easy-to-use touchscreen lets you control it precisely and see how many steps you've taken, check your peak heart rate, and review the type of exercise you're doing. Personalize your Garmin Vivoactive fitness device with free apps and widgets. see more...

Buy on Jet.com*
Laura R.
Winter Garden, FL
This was the best investment I’ve made all year! I used to run using an interval timer app, and my Fitbit app for tracking which has lately been crashing my phone. So I decided to invest in the Vivoactive HR. This allows me to streamline my tracking and intervals into one device with ease! The alerts for mile markers and intervals are vibrations as opposed to sounds like most of the other Garmin watches. But the vibrations are strong enough that you can feel them even when zoning out when running. I would highly recommend the Vivoactive HR for anyone looking to upgrade to a running watch.

The HR tracker seems accurate and provides a nice idea of how much effort I am putting into activities.

The Vivoactive HR is pictured next to my Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband - Black to show the size comparison.
Kelli G.
Blaine, MN
I love my garmin vivoactive HR! There are so many activity programs you can customize for whatever sport you do whether it be running, bicycling (indoor or outdoor), golfing, SUP, hiking, strength training, swimming, kayaking, etc. It has GPS to map out your courses. You can also download golf courses.
It's waterproof. Since you wear these day and night and forget to take it off, it survives...unlike my fitbits that died in the shower.
The battery longevity is outstanding. Apple and fitbit are behind on battery life. I track my workouts and I work out 5 times a week for lifting and 3 times a week for cardio. My watch lasts me 5-7 days at a time depending if I use the GPS or not.
Also has smart watch features such as phone calls, notifcations, weather, text messages, calendar events. You can customize the face. And you can personalize your goals as well as replace the straps if you'd like.
Connects to other devices and compatible with Apple + Android phones. Even if you don't get the vivoactive, checkout the garmin line altogether. Superb!
Kristina K.
Cincinnati
This Garmin has been great for my half marathon training. It syns with the connect app and then to Strava so I can review every part of my workout. Has great battery life, running with GPS for 25+ miles a week and I still only need to charge it once a week or so. Bands are interchangeable too so you can customize it.
Katie H.
San Diego, CA
Garmin - Vivoactive Hr Smartwatch (regular) - Black is overall a great watch for activity tracking and all kinds of fitness. This is my third Garmin watch I have owned in the last 5 years. I typically spend twice the amount but this watch was VERY decently priced for almost all the same benefits plus more features my other watches didn't have, like heart rate monitoring and phone notifications. I used to only use my garmins for physical exercises and then put it away. I keep this one on all the time though because it counts my steps, staira, and has other useful tools during my day like weather and appt reminders. It syncs automatically with Garmin Connect which in my opinion is super handy. I even wear it while I sleep to track my sleeping patterns making note of what changes my sleep habits. Although, I like the design of the watch for the most part, it's not very feminine like my other previously owned watches were. I can get used to that but definitely took a star off for the aesthetics and bulkiness of the wrist band. It's not as dainty as I prefer. Other than that it makes it earning of 4 stars without a doubt, due to technical/bluetooth features and health and fitness tracking benefits.
Jessica T.
Chesterfield, MI
I love this watch so much! I wear all day except for in the shower and at night because my skin is sensitive to the sweat and rubbing. I use this watch to run cross country and bike. It was worth it to get!
Crystal S.
West Monroe, LA
I've enjoyed having my Garmin vivoactive hr. I love getting my notifications from my phone. I like having a watch to show time, heart rate monitor, activity tracker all in one. It's great to be able to choose different activities, plus have the ability to add a chest strap if desired. I feel like this watch is more accurate than my Fitbit I previously had. I've linked my garmin app to my fitness pal, so I have more information about my overall health.
Lorena R.
Comfort, wear it all day and night. Plus fits nicely under latex gloves. Wish it could have more of a feminine touch. It does track your calories burned based on your heart rate. You can change your setting to vibrate so that it reminds you to move every hour. My battery lasted me about 5 days. You can still get your text msg alerts or notifications, just can't answer them. Haven't had an issues with it just wish the face was interchangeable or at least make a model with a softer look.
Adam C.
Harvard, IL
I run. 5k-30k. This is in my own opinion the very best activity tracker and gps chipped watch under $250 currently on the market. The Vivoactive HR is a mini version of the more costly Fenix series by Garmin, in that it has all the bells and whistles for a multiple sport athlete without breaking the bank. Although the screen light could be brighter, it's the only flaw I've found. Most screens are configurable so it's easy to change things up.
Courtney M.
Medina, OH
Absolutely love my Vivoactive HR! It's everything I could ever need in a fitness tracker. It has more bells and whistles than I could ever use. I love that it is waterproof! Most trackers are splashproof but this even tracks your swimming!
Abby R.
Virginia Bch, VA
I don't have this watch I have the previous version which doesn't have the built in HR monitor. It did a great job tracking my activity and I enjoyed some of the available apps. I didn't like having to wear the chest heart rate monitor though. So with this version I'm sure I'd completely love it.
Brianne L.
Anaheim, CA
I would like to get this activity tracker. Do you own one, and if so, how to you like it? I currently use a VivoFit, Garmin Forerunner and a Polar FT4 HRM, but would like to combine them all and use this smartwatch to do all the things. How do all the functions compare to other trackers you have used?
Ilyana K.
Hurricane, WV
Is this watch waterproof? I wash my hands constantly for work purpose but I'd like to be able to have a tracker
Sarah M.
Asheville, NC
Is this worth the money? I'm looking for a new activity tracker. I had a fitbit that started falling apart on me after only having it less than a year, so I want something that will last a while. Also, do you find it to be too bulky on your wrist at all?
Amber B.
Grand Rapids, MI
I recently purchased this watch and I put in on my nightstand for the night because my arm was itching (I have bad eczema) Anyways, when I woke up in the morning it said I have a little over 37,000 steps?!? Could this be due to the vibration of my side table from my fan? I just member looking at my wrist thinking "all ive done so far is walk up the stairs and about 20 feet the the living room" this is the only time it has ever happened. Thanks :)
Stephanie S.