BY GARMIN

Makes Driving Fun Again With a big 5" touchscreen, more than 5 million points of interest and spoken turn-by-turn directions, nuvi 50 makes driving fun again. Get Turn-by-Turn Directions nuvi 50 s intuitive interface greets you with 2 simple choices:  "Where To?" and "View Map."  Touch the screen to easily look up addresses and services and to be guided to your destination with voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions that speak street names.  It comes in 2 mapping versions and has preloaded maps for the lower 48 states plus Hawaii and Puerto Rico, or full coverage of the U.S. and Canada.  nuvi 50 s speed limit indicator shows you how fast you can go on most major roads.  With its "Where Am I?&q. see more...

• How long has this device lasted for you? I think the heat...6 Answers
  • I'm looking for a good gps whats your thing about this one?3 Answers
  • Can you even remember how we survived without a Garmin 20...4 Answers
Cassandra C.
Fairfax, MN
Well,... while we used this it was a pretty good product. Unfortunately I don't think that the GPS products really match up to what smartphones now offer. We bought this product as an older model, and even though its maps were up to date, we had several occasions where it brought us to the wrong place. I had this issue while traveling across the country alone with two toddlers. Just a little frustrating. All in all, as far as the item itself, I think it worked pretty well. I enjoyed having it while we did. I liked how it could also track your trip miles for you. That was a fun little feature to keep track of miles and etc.
Kristy W.
I use this a lot, and most of the time it is fabulous. Occasionally it has taken me on a route that will get me there, but sometimes through not the best of areas. For that reason, I now take a map with me and look at the route it chooses ahead of time, and make sure that looks the best. If I need to change, it has a fabulous re-routing feature, and hitting that usually works like a charm. Once I started using it this way, I've loved it!
Helen T.
Whitestone, NY
Garmin is ok! I think my navigation on my smart phone is a lot more efficient. In addition, this product you have to update at least every year to make sure the maps are up to date and there is a charge for that. In addition, I don't like the fact that you cannot choose different routes, you are only given one option. It's ok for those that do not have the gps function on their smartphone, but I would not go out of my way for it.
Anna M.
I really don't know where I'd be without this beautiful thing. I'm a very anxious driver, and this helps my nerves dramatically. I've driven across the country thanks to this baby. My only complaint is that older Garmins have to pay $120 each year for the new maps, but the newer ones have lifetime map upgrades for free. I feel Garmin should have grandfathered in all the previous Garmins as well.
Betsy G.
N Hollywood, CA
Techie Expert Level 3
My best friend has this navigation and its been extremely helpful for us both. easy to detach from the car and easy to put on any other car. works well with giving you accurate and previews to the next directions, which is needed for someone like me with no direction. great buy!
Lesa C.
Columbus, OH
I have had my Garmin Nuvi for a few years, so far so good. I need to update the maps, which is kind of pricey, which is why I haven't done it. It's nice to use when I'm traveling, going to my son's away games that I'm unfamiliar with, or college visits with my daughter! It has come in very handy. It does say re-calculating a lot, which is why I probably need to update it!
Caroline L.
Scotch Plains, NJ
I lOVE My garmins. Ever since GPS devices became popular my family has only owned garmin devices, probably up to 10 different ones at this point as they've developed and changed. My newest one even beeps at me when I'm in a school zone! Love it.
Miranda B.
Inman, SC
I have this, just got it for Christmas and I love it. I think it works great but I have only used it for local areas. I do think that it needed map updates as soon as I turned it on so I wish that it would've already been updated. Love that has free map updates for life. Great product for the price. Also comes with mounting which is a huge plus.
Arva M.
Bowie, MD
I like having a Garmin but this one takes me way out of the way ALL the time!! It's sickening. I love the fact that I get free map updates but I need to figure out how to fix the Garmin so I can get to where I'm going without going around robin hood's barn. I do like the fact that it tells you where cameras are before you get to them.
Mackenzie M.
Portland , OR
I have a garmin, although I don't use it often, I actually like it really well. It has that suction stand to put on the window so you can see it well while driving and the direction have never led me astray. I would probably use it more if I left it on the window, but I'm afraid that will provoke people to break into my car.
Taylor M.
West Chester, PA
Is this a good purchase for someone who is looking for a GPS that will last a long time?
Tracy A.
Lowell, In
How long has this device lasted for you? I think the heat ruined mine
Melissa M.
Matthews, NC
Can you even remember how we survived without a Garmin 20 years ago?
Callee B.
I'm looking for a good GPS that has Bluetooth for under $200. What brands and which models would you say are best for this price limit?
Hannah H.
Kailua, HI
I'm looking for a good gps whats your thing about this one?