BY GARMIN

Garmin Nuvi 50LM (Lower 48 States) Brand New Includes One Year Warranty Product # 010-00991-21 (Lower 48 States), 010-00991-20 (U.S. & Canada) The Garmin Nuvi 50LM is a ultra slim GPS Navigator features a 5" high-resolution touchscreen display and provides users with lifetime free map updates. This GPS lets you enjoy hands-free-calls with built-in microphone and speaker. With Nuvi 50LM you Touch the screen to easily look up addresses and services and to be guided to your destination with voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions that speak street names. It also offers the multiple-point routing and lane assist that helps to manage busy highway interchanges. Nuvi 50LM Features: GPS Vehicle Navigation System 5" Wide Touchscreen FREE Lifetime Map Updates Speaks Street Names Turn-by-Turn Voice & Visual Guidance Preloaded Maps - U.S. & Canada or Lower 48 States Millions of Points of Interest Speed Limit Indicator Lane Assist w/ Junction View Route Avoidance Custom POIs Where Am I? Photo Navigation Garmin Garage Compatible see more...

Garmin Nuvi Portable GPS
  • "My husdand could not find his way out of a wet paper bag and we would get in the biggest fights when we would drive places and get lost." in 24 reviews
  • "It is user friendly--you can program it to remember frequently-used addresses, but it also has a history recall that works well." in 10 reviews
  • "I love any Garmin GPS systems, you get you where you need to go with no hassle, I have an iPhone and I hate the maps system it comes with and I have had a Tom Tom and that thing would randomly go crazy and reset itself over and over and get me even more lost." in 8 reviews
  • "especially for me being a directionally challenged person haha its the best and most efficient way for me to find my way around" in 8 reviews
  • "I also love how you can put it on your window so you dont have to be destracted trying to look down at it or push the touch screen its!" in 7 reviews
Kimberly Z.
San Antonio, TX
Can't complain about my Garmin gps. I have used this for years on my car. I have lived in Florida and now Texas where it's very hot and I leave my GPS in the car but the heat has not damaged it at all. Very durable
Teresa N.
Silver Spgs, FL
Techie Expert Level 2
I have a Garmin but I still prefer my phone over it. It often sends me ways I do not want to go, to make changes is a pain. The updates have to be paid for, the google maps on my phone updates free and frequently. I also love that my phone has real time traffic, the garmin does not.  I do like that it is larger then my phone, I do like that it shows the exit instead of just telling you to turn right or left, I don't like that in less then a year the battery is dead on it so it must stay plugged in. I don't like that I have to remember to get it out of the car and update it just about every time I take a trip.
Amanda B.
Converse, IN
Techie Expert Level 2
When I bought my new car the only thing that it didn't have in it was navagation, so my husband bought us a Garmin and we are very pleased with the GPS and display. It is very easy to use, display is great, and it automatically reroutes the moment you miss a turn. It is very reasonably priced. I would definitely buy it again or give it as a gift.
Brenda G.
Techie Expert Level 1
This is a great tool for people who go on road trips. I really found it helpful when I moved to the city and had to find my way around town. I don't use it all that much anymore because everything is on my phone but I bring it out whenever I don't want my phone battery to drain. Great product!
Carissa F.
Garmin products that offer the lifetime map updates are the most affordable. I have an older Garmin that did not include updates. To purchase an update, the cost was almost as much as buying a new model. And now you know why I have a nuvi 50.
Jennifer I.
Princeton Jct, NJ
I got this for my husband as gift for our anniversary as his old GPS (not Garmin) died after jut a few years. I am glad I have another GPS to compare it to. This is so much more accurate and user friendly. The updates are great and we even downloaded some "fun voices" to guide us on our trip. It's a little pricey, but a small price to pay for piece of mind when driving in the middle of nowhere.
The screen is big and colorful and keeps you on track. One drawback-the touchscreen could be be improved a bit.I might just be used to a touch screen on a phone, but it isn't quite there yet; sometimes I have type the address of the town a few times.
Berkeley K.
Alpine, AZ
I have had my Nuvi for about 5 years now. When I first got it, I thought that it was honestly the greatest thing that I could have in my truck. As time wore on, some of the luster started to fade away. While I can't say that my Nuvi has ever gotten me lost, it has certainly let me down. The traffic feed does not always work, particularly in places where it has worked before. I am not sure what the deal is because I have a lifetime membership for traffic feeds and I am somewhat religious about keeping my device updated. I have also had addresses be wrong for places a few times; one time in particular, I was looking for gas and I ended up in a bad part of town where there was definitely not a gas station.

In the end, don't buy a device not made by Garmin but consider keeping a road atlas around or check with Google Earth before you travel.
Jessica K.
Lansdowne, PA
My Garmin has helped me navigate the streets of Scotland, York, Wales, Melbourne, Canada, and almost every state in the U.S. It is user friendly--you can program it to remember frequently-used addresses, but it also has a history recall that works well. Plus, it has a great list of nearby locations--I had a few minutes before a meeting in the middle of the UK, and just searched for ATTRACTIONS. It pulled up a list of the closest attractions, and I stopped by to visit a castle before my appointment. The lifetime maps can be updated online anytime, for free! And ONCE, out of using this thing every day for over two years now, it didn't know about a road change. Everywhere else I've gone--even the back roads of the Ozarks, I was guided safely by my Garmin. And it charges in the car, so you never run out of battery. I love this thing!!!
Julie P.
Shawnee, OK
So I name my portable GPS navigators. I do. I'm weird like that. Anyway, I used to have "Tom" and now I have "Garth" aka the Garmin uvi Portable GPS. I have to say, I'm not impressed with Garth compared to the other GPS navigators that I have used. It has a hard time finding satellites and my location, it doesn't easily allow me to choose a destination that ignores toll roads or country roads (that can be a pain), and the main screen only allows you to view a small amount of information at one time. I personally like to know my estimated arrival time as well as miles I have left. With the Garmin I have to switch that information back and forth manually.

One of my biggest complaints with my particular model is that there are two white dashed lines that appear across the screen. This is a factory flaw and I have read that is has been found in multiple machines with no fix. Why would you continue to make this with such a large flaw? Fix it Garmin!!

Mine also does not work to connect and update. GRRR!
Candice P.
Valparaiso, IN
I like this little device because I has gotten out of situations but it has also put me into situations. I bought this one year while driving to New York. It got me there just fine but I think "Sally" got confused when we got to the city, probably all the big city lights. Once I was trying to cross the Brooklyn bridge and it took me around the bridge, under the bridge, maybe even over the bridge, but never across the bridge. Under was the scariest part, we saw things no visitor is ever supposed to see, GROSS. I had to figure out how the cross it all the while "Sally" is saying, "Turn around when possible." I think she even raised her voice at me a couple of times! I like it a lot, don't love it. I try not to take "Sally" into big cities anymore.
Lisa S.
How accurate is the directions?
Laura P.
Is it as good as tomtom
Sidra H.
Do you still use your garmin?
Kelli T.
Anaheim, CA
Which is better TOMTOM or this Garmin?
Tawain G.
Avon park, FL
DOES ALL GPS BRANDS TALK TO YOU, ON WHICH WAY TO TURN AND GO???