Garmin Nuvi Portable GPS
Top Questions See all 172 Q&A
- "My husdand could not find his way out of a wet paper bag and we would get in the biggest fights when we would drive places and get lost." in 24 reviews
- "It is user friendly--you can program it to remember frequently-used addresses, but it also has a history recall that works well." in 10 reviews
- "I love any Garmin GPS systems, you get you where you need to go with no hassle, I have an iPhone and I hate the maps system it comes with and I have had a Tom Tom and that thing would randomly go crazy and reset itself over and over and get me even more lost." in 8 reviews
- "especially for me being a directionally challenged person haha its the best and most efficient way for me to find my way around" in 8 reviews
- "I also love how you can put it on your window so you dont have to be destracted trying to look down at it or push the touch screen its!" in 7 reviews
The screen is big and colorful and keeps you on track. One drawback-the touchscreen could be be improved a bit.I might just be used to a touch screen on a phone, but it isn't quite there yet; sometimes I have type the address of the town a few times.
In the end, don't buy a device not made by Garmin but consider keeping a road atlas around or check with Google Earth before you travel.
One of my biggest complaints with my particular model is that there are two white dashed lines that appear across the screen. This is a factory flaw and I have read that is has been found in multiple machines with no fix. Why would you continue to make this with such a large flaw? Fix it Garmin!!
Mine also does not work to connect and update. GRRR!
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos