BY GARMIN

Features high-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix for improved performance and reception in heavy tree cover or deep canyons Keeps track of routes, tracks and waypoints TracBack feature retraces user s path on the easy-to-read LCD display Features trip computer, sunrise/sunset times and hunting/fishing information Supports dual position readout so user can view current location in multiple formats, including latitude/longitude see more...

• Oh!!! I LOVE geo caching!!! How well is this gps for that main pu...1 Answers
  • How accurate is this device in areas with new construction?9 Answers
  • About how much do these cost?1 Answers
Angela B.
Marshall, IL
Simple, durable, and relatively easy to use. I don't know how often ill use preloaded routes, but I do like the track back. Together with a $2 pocket plotting tool and you can find your position in seconds. It locks on fast at startup and has proven to be quite accurate. The trip computer is easily adjustable to any field you could want, with a set series of layouts to view. I found connecting it to my computer to be easy and straight forward. Within minutes I loaded a few test routes and waypoints using BaseCamp, both with free maps on BaseCamp readily available online, and through importing routes from hillmap.com. It appears to be very durable. I personally find the wrist-strap comfortable and barely notice the 2.5oz device in there. I do have skinny wrists though and the strap is a bit short so I can see how other people might have issues.

I initially had a hard time deciding on this versus $40 more for the 401, or even an Etrex20 (similar price point). I eventually figured I didn't need the electronic compass or the potential hassle of constantly recalibrating it, and was not interested in the barometric pressure and more accurate elevation. I've read of issues where the pressure doesn't calibrate correctly and it can throw off trip data, or where you turn the device off and move (to save battery) and need to recalibrate the compass. None of these types of things i felt like dealing with and thus chose the 301. As for the Etrex, I'll wait a little and probably invest in a more fully featured device later rather than skimping now. The 301 fulfills it's purpose excellently, and I'll stick with what works well.
Anna D.
Fresno, CA
For the 301 there is a better design to hold the strap onto the GPS. It uses screw in pins, so I think that problem is fixed and it shouldn't pop off. However, the strap length is still too short or too long. I am going to just buy a case where you can take the GPS and put it inside of a clear case and that has a Velcro strap.
Ryan M.
The ability to strap this to a wrist, a bike, your pack etc makes it super convenient way to use the GPS. I am thrilled with the accuracy of this and think that the battery life is really good for the size of this unit.
Lori O.
Bennett, CO
We go hiking a lot here in Colorado with all the mountain trails and hikes. I would love this to keep us safe and not get lost. Definitely would love to try this!
Brandi H.
Waynesburg , PA
These are really easy to use. They are best used for me when I go on vacation or I like to go into the mountains to go site seeing and hiking.
Nupur G.
Newark, DE
I think its a really good one. The strap is of really good quality which is one thing i like. I like the accuracy of the Gramin GPS always
Suzana T.
Coraopolis, PA
So easy to use!! i geocache and love the reliability of the backtrack and the ease of use the wristband provides. best one ive used.
Vivi E.
We had a Garmin for a couple of years until it died. Luckily we got cellphones that have GPS and map capabilities, instead.
Tiana S.
Apo, NY
AWESOME! works great. My husband uses in the military on a daily bases. Also great for hunting or hiking. Highly recommend!
johnny m.
Jasper, GA
Great little gadget easy to read and work has never failed to give me a very accurate trail readout gamin has the best gas units made
Elizabeth B.
Fenton, MO
How accurate is this device in areas with new construction?
Deborah H.
Sherman, TX
Same here Love my Garmin its has never let me down
Diana Q.
About how much do these cost?
Breanna R.
Kennewick , WA
Oh!!! I LOVE geo caching!!! How well is this gps for that main purpose!? I am actually in the market for a hand held gps for this reason! Is this light weight, heavy, big or small?