Garmin Forerunner 410  uploaded by Mary H.

BY GARMIN FORERUNNER 410

Garmin Forerunner 410
  • "The battery life could use some improvement but it gets through a 5 hour run with half of the batter still remaining. " in 5 reviews
Mary V.
Homestead, FL
The watch looks good, I can wear it outside a jogging session. The bezel is more a gadget than anything else, takes a short while to get use to it. I like the fact that I don't have to plug the watch in after a run to transfer my running session's datas. With the ANT + stick, it does it automatically for you. The watch comes with two extra bracelets, which is useful in summer (the metal clasp give me rashes) I run about 3-4 times a week in sub-zero and hot weather, never had any problem with the watch. Outside intervals, I don't need to use the bezel during my run, I put the datas I want (like, time, pace, total distance) on two or three different screens, let them run and lock the bezel. So I can't really comment on the performance of the bezel under "x" conditions or weather. The watch will record all the data a running geek could possibly think about or will ever use. As for the gps, it catches the signal promptly, below one minute each time I had to use it (except for the 1st and 2nd time). Besides when running in a tunnel, I never lost the signal. Even when running under trees or besides tall buildings. The Garmin website is a bit basic but other softwares will let you downloads all your Garmin datas with better interface and more friendly user. . As for the battery, the 8 hours advertised is a it exagerated. So far, I can run about 6-6 1/2 hours without having to recharge it. The 2 weeks watch mode only is more like 10-12 days. Still, overall, great watch, I love it and will probably go for another Garmin watch after this one.
Kelly G.
Burke, VA
Prior to purchasing the Garmin Forerunner 410, I had the 405. I was worried when I bought this I would have the same issues as before: delayed/pausing screen after running in rain or even sweat running down my arm. However, I made a judgement call and bought the Garmin 410 because I truly do love the features on this watch and I love how I can keep my pace traced. I do think this is a good watch but I am still iffy with its resistance to any type of water. If this watch craps out I am for sure going to waterproof next time because I can't tell you how many times I want to feel like Rambo running in the rain, getting a good blood bump and calorie burn! Overall Garmin does make good products. Also Ladies, the Forerunner 410 comes in PINK! yay!
denise f.
My husband got me this for Christmas a couple of years ago and although our trainer said it was one of the best, we soon found other much better heart monitor/calorie trackers for around the same price or just a little bit more. This model is mainly run by a finger scroll which can sometimes be difficult to maneuver. It does have a lot of options that I don't really use and the options that I am more interested in have been more of a hassle to use so I find I really don't use the calorie tracker as much. The screen also turns off after 5 minutes or so if you don't press a button. I have looked all through the manual and haven't figured out how to extend that time. Not even any of the trainers at my gym could figure it out. The motorola monitor my husband and daughter have has ended up being much more user friendly.
Jennifer D.
Moscow, ID
My husband originally had a Nike running watch, until I purchased the 410 for a birthday gift for him. He loves the watch, and 2 years later refuses to upgrade because he loves it so much. It is very easy to use, durable, and the battery life is fantastic! I love that the band itself is washable (since it is used for running, you can imagine that sweat builds up on/in it). Husband says he will never stray from Garmin again, and won't replace or upgrade this watch until it gives out for good!
Fatima C.
Gardena, CA
I purchased this with hopes of better functioning bezel in wet, humid, or sweaty conditions. This had been a source of frustration with the 405 - either not responding, or scrolling through the screens on its own. The 410 has fixed this issue - allowing for better user control of the watch. In cold conditions, i have found the watch to be a bit unresponsive while wearing gloves - sometimes have to remove glove to get a bezel response.... but still better than the 405.
Jimmye J.
Hardin, KY
I have the Garmin 410 and I LOVE IT. It has helped me to increase and steady my pace while training. I am a new runner and had no idea how important it is to know your pace at each mile, heart rate and fastest mile, just for starters. I use it while biking and while running, it has helped me to create intervals training programs as well. The battery life is great and the gps is accurate. I would recommend this to anyone serious about training for any event.
Jess M.
Kng Of Prussa, PA
The Forerunner 410 gives you most of the features that are available in the 610, without the heftier price tag. I love the options for screen display (heart rate, speed, cadence, elevation...), and the Garmin Connect website gives tons of graphics for feedback. My biggest issue is the battery life; when I am out biking for multiple hours, it will sometimes die on me. The device definitely needs to be charged after every use!
Mary H.
Charleston, SC
I purchased this through a great deal on Amazon after (I thought) I misplaced my 305 on a trip. The USB clip for computer/charging is a definite improvement to the previous charging dock, but the UI makes it less user friendly than the 305. However, if you manage to figure out the software it's a great training tool with detailed pace/distance/elevation measurements.

*Edited to show the charging clip.
Julie M.
Media, PA
I wouldn't have been able to run a marathon without this handy little gadget. I input my training plan and away I went! It was so helpful to not have to have my run mapped out before I went. If I wanted to run 6 miles, I could just run until I did that, or ran 3 and turned back around. It helps me keep pace during my runs, and keep up with intervals. A true life saver!!
Bonnie W.
Portland, OR
I ended up borrowing one from a friend when mine stopped working. This is a little miracle for any runner. The data is always reliable, and you can customize it the way you want. It does not freeze up as much as previous versions did as they got older. My only downside is battery life.... You can not forget to put this thing on the charger no matter what.
Laura R.
Saint Peters, MO
How accurate is this on distance? Does it matter if you end up running in a large loop..will that mess up it's distance tracker?
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
What kind of data can this show?
Carlisa C.
Orlando, FL
Is this better than the polar?
Julie F.
Jacksonville , NC
Where can you buy this in Southern California?
Colin J.
Bloomington, IN
Has anyone seen this on sale? I believe theres a newer version of this. But this is still good. Trying to get one at affordable price.