GARMIN Forerunner® 235 Black and Gray Silicone

Works with Garmin Connect Mobile
Smart Notifications
Customize Watch Faces with Connect IQ
Stores up to 200 Hours of Activity Data

Get comprehensive, real-time run statistics, including wrist-based heart rate data, with the Garmin Forerunner 235 in black and gray. This GPS- and GLONASS-supported running watch shows you distance, pace, and heart rate data on its 1.23" color display. Additionally, the 235 incorporates more advanced running metrics and features, including Virtual Pacer, VO2 max estimate, and more, giving you all the data you need to be a better and more efficient runner. An accelerometer is built in, so you can still capture running data when you're running indoors without the need for a separate foot pod accessory. In addition to running data, the Forerunner 235 also works as an everyday wellness and activity tracker. It counts your steps, calories burned, monitors your sleep quality, and will cue you to move when you've been sitting too long.

The Forerunner 235 enables you to share all your run and activity data and monitor your progress at Garmin Connect. Garmin Connect is Garmin's free online community where you can plan, save, and share your activities. Download the Garmin Connect Mobile application to your compatible smartphone and all your activity data can be automatically uploaded from your Forerunner 235 to Garmin Connect.

The Forerunner 235's rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to 11 hours in full training mode (using GPS-tracking and full running features) and up 9 days in watch mode (including activity tracking, smart notifications, and heart rate monitoring). It can store up to 200 hours of running and activity data, so even if you can't sync right away, you won't lose any important information. Additionally, the Forerunner 235 is designed to withstand water pressures equivalent to a depth of 50 meters, so you can take it with you in the rain, snow, and sunshine.

Heart Rate Measured at the Wrist
The Forerunner 235 is equipped with Elevate heart rate technology that measures your heart rate at the wrist, enabling you to run without a chest strap. A colorful gauge on the Forerunner display indicates your heart rate zone and beats per minute in real time.
Customize Your Watch and Your Training
Tailor your Forerunner to suit your needs and help you reach your goals. Download advanced workouts and training plans directly from Garmin Connect. Use Connect IQ to customize your data fields, download watch faces, widgets, and applications.
On and Off the Road Running
A built-in accelerometer enables the Forerunner 235 to capture distance and pace data when you're running on an indoor track or treadmill, no separate foot pod accessory needed. When you're not running, the Forerunner 235 works as an activity tracker, counting your steps and calories burned throughout the day. It also reminds you to move after sitting for more than an hour. The Forerunner 235 is compatible with GPS and GLONASS satellites to locate your position quickly and precisely whether you're running deep in the woods or near tall buildings.

Additional Features

Virtual Pacer
VO2 max estimate
Recovery adviser
Race predictor
Bike speed and cadence sensor
Compatible with foot pod

Is this suitable as a everyday fitness watch or just running?
I’m looking at purchasing one of these. What would you say your favorite aspects of it are? For those of you that have tried other activity trackers/smart watches how does this compare? For reference I am a skier and a hiker. In the summers I spend a lot of time in the backcountry far away from cell service and need my watch to still track my distance and elevation gain.
Is this a good watch for a beginner runner? I am torn between the Forerunner and the Apple Watch Series 4. I have never used a watch to run before, but am at a point where having one would be great! Pros and cons of the Forerunner?
Start your review of GARMIN Forerunner® 235 Black and Gray Silicone!
Mint Hill, NC
The battery life is good. It’s held half a full charge for 5 days. Learning the watch interface was a bit confusing, but after a day I knew my way around the functions. The first night I wore it it kept buzzing and dinging to give me updates and such. My wife kicked me out the bed and I quickly learned the do not disturb function. It finds the gps signal within 5 seconds. The only downside is that it takes a few seconds to adjust my mile pace and it only does it in 5 sec intervals. For instance, it may take 30 sec to show that I went from a 7 min pace to a 9 min pace. This is my first Garmin and I’m impressed
I love, love this watch. It is so low maintenance for being a smart watch. I does everything I want it to. I use it for running, my steps, and my heart rate. I have tested my the heart rate with an oximeter and it is 80% of the time it is accurate. When I run with people with Apple watches our distance is always a bit different. I am not sure which one is more correct. I am going to say Garmin is. My watch battery also last for 10 days. This is the best part. I wear it always. Only take it off to take a shower and I have even forgotten to do that a few times. I have an android phone so it is pretty compatible. I also like that I can read messages from my watch. The only downside is that if more than one comes in or if it is a group message then you cannot read it.
Leominster, MA
Absolutely LOVE this watch. Before this watch, I had the previous/older version of the watch which was also great, but this one just has so much information. Stats about my run that I had no idea what it meant but once I researched and told my coach was able to figure out that they were vital in my training. It is a bit expensive, but I truly believe it is worth every penny. My favorite part is how I can get it wet and not worry about it not working.
Loved this watch. Will not run without it. Allow me to track my runs in pace, distance and my heart rate. Set work out and add a virtual trainer. It’s pretty accurate and easy to set up and use. I upload my stats to my PC to review trends and assess my performance toward goals. It keeps me on track and accountable. This is pricey but adds metrics to your workouts to measure your results.
Rochester, NY
If you are a runner, you know how important measurement and data is - but I love my Garmin so much - it's my daily watch - despite looking a bit bulky, it's super comfortable and something I wear daily - I love being able to use it for running, keeping myself on track with my run/walk ratio, taking it to the pool for laps, hiking, bike rides, and even lifting. I also love how it all syncs up to my phone and I can edit data on the app!
Kansas city
Great quality smart fitness tracker. I work outside in the elements and this watch has held its own. It withstood abrasions, mud, sweat, heat, and even drop shock. Pretty accurate heart rate monitoring and calorie tracking. Would recommend for any type of work.
Winter Garden, FL
I actually have the one with the blue band, but regardless, this one works great! I’m a runner, so this is perfect because it tracks indoor and outdoor runs. I can set my run walk intervals and is pretty darn accurate with the mileage and pace that shows when I run.
I have enjoyed garmin watch products since I got my first one. They are very easy to use and i enjoy the pace settings to make sure I stay on pace as well as the virtual runner. Garmin watches are favorable to the active runners and is a must have watch!
Oh wow, I really should stop buying Garmin products. They disappoint every time. I expected their premium GPS watch to be better than this. It's so annoying and difficult to get used to navigating with. The display is crowded and the UI is boring.
Austin
I LOVE this watch, I have had it for several years and it still works perfectly! It doesn't have all of the features that some of the other smart fitness watches out there but its perfect for me tracking my activity, running, and hiking! The only issue I've ever had is that after 3 years of having this watch, the strap broke and I had to order a new one. I wore this in the shower, pool and ocean and never had any problems. It did get a scratch on the screen after an accident I was in, but again that was after 3 years with no screen protector! Definitely recommend it to runners!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...