Add a Photo

By GARMIN
Most Dependable GPS Device Available eTrex 10 retains the core functionality, rugged construction, affordability and long battery life that made eTrex the most dependable GPS device available.  We improved the user interface and added a worldwide basemap, paperless geocaching and support for spine-mounting accessories. See the Way eTrex 10 has an enhanced 2.2" monochrome display that’s easy to read in any lighting situation.  Both durable and waterproof, eTrex 10 is built to withstand the elements.  Its easy-to-use interface means you ll spend more time enjoying the outdoors and less time searching for information.  eTrex 10 features the legendary toughness that s built to withstand the elements.  Dust, dirt, humid.
Arianna Yannare B.
Arianna Yannare B.
CIUDAD BOLIVAR, BOLIVAR

Es bueno cumple su funcion no es tan avanzado como los de hoy en dia pero esta bien sirve para las cosas basicas que querramos
Laura L.
Laura L.
Fredericton, New Brunswick

This is a great little gadget for geocaching with! It's quite accurate and can also be used when boating or hunting.
Abby P.
Abby P.
Calais, ME

I use this GPS for both work and personal reasons. I like that it is small, light and easy to carry. It comes with a belt clip, but I don't use it because I'm paranoid about it falling off. It has survived several dunkings and soakings without incident.

This is great for marking points on a map, or marking where you went, and for geocaching. I use it for marking campsite locations, or locations of points of interest, or recording items that I have to report to others (the river I work on is an international border, so recording GPS coordinates of new trails, etc. is very important.) I recommend coming up with a shorthand for each trip (a few initials) to put in for your waypoints, because typing out long words takes time and is a bit awkward. There are only a few buttons, the display is clear, and there are lots of additional mapping products available for the unit if you want more.

The only drawback of this product (why I gave it a B) is the instructions. I didn't find the instructions from Garmin to be very helpful. The labels on the buttons don't really indicate their use, as each button has multiple uses. There are, however, many helpful videos posted by users on YouTube that I found. I kept getting confused and marking waypoints instead of independent data points, but after watching a few videos I figured it out.

I've used more expensive units, but I found them confusing and I wasn't using all the features of the unit. This has all that I need!
Jamie L.
Jamie L.
Buford, GA

I've seen the price range anywhere between $125 and $200, depending on store and extra features/upgrades/accessories. We've owned a number of Garmin's, this is one of the cheaper ones. It's great for when you're traveling in the woods or somewhere you don't have cell coverage, like out hunting. It's lightweight and easy to hold.
Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.
Wyoming, PA

I love this GPS. We use ours for geocaching and it is so easy to use. It is great for making waypoints and telling you exactly where you came from. It is easy to upload information to and has a big bright screen for night time caching. It is simple, easy and making geocaching a dream :)
EDITH L.
EDITH L.
Binghamton, NY

This is a good GPS for standalone use or to supplement a smart phone. Sometimes, I have found while in the woods I do not have cell service but my GPS works fine. It's also a great Geo-caching accessory, and we have used ours on geocaching trips to other countries with great success.
Misha F.
Misha F.
Trumansburg, NY

While I primarily use my smart phone for everything this is nice to have when hiking. Some areas around here don't have any cell phone reception or it is very hit or miss. This helped me a lot in figuring out where I really was.
Laura W.
Laura W.
Dartmouth, nova scotia

This is great. We spend a lot of time back in the woods and on trails with our atv. Phones are great but don't always work in the remote areas. Garmin has always been great for both our handheld and car gps.
Nao N.
Nao N.
Champaign, IL

This equipment is great! I used it in rural Africa community without electricity and definitely helped capture locations very well. Really easy to use and great grip and handling.
Sarah L.
Sarah L.
Littleton, CO

I use this for geocaching. I use it alongside my phone with the geocaching application. It has great reception and works well under pretty much any situation.
Waxahachie, TX

Are they in different color?
Claudia J.
Claudia J.
Kalamazoo, MI

Do you use batteries for this or a charger?

Where do you get it at?
Melissa S.
Melissa S.

Is it worth investing in a GPS for geocaching? I love my phone app and it does just fine.

What are they?