Add a Photo

Gardein classic meatless meatballs 12.7 oz
Photo (1)
Hayli Z.
Hayli Z.

So I was really excited to try these because I've heard good things and I love Gardein products. The texture was delicious and it tasted like a real meatball (I had it with spaghetti) Unfortunately it was a little too spicy for me. I like flavor, but I don't like a lingering spice and what tends to happen with veggie meats is they get over seasoned to add extra flavor. While these tasted like real meatballs, they had the spice of Italian sausage, so I personally wouldn't get them again, but if you like a little kick in your food, these will be great. With the pack I had I made spaghetti and "meatballs" and I made a "meatball" sub.
Michelle C.
Michelle C.
Stamford, CT

Best damn meatless meatballs I've ever had!! I love to make meatball subs. I buy this weekly! The texture is somewhat of real meatballs! My meat eating boyfriend even loves these. Transitioning into Vegetarian was a little hard because the only red meat I would eat, was meatballs & meatloaf! I have yet to try the meatloaf. I'm hoping it's just as good as the meatballs. But I really haven't turned back because of these. Even if you're not transitioning & want a meatless meal, these are very much so suitable!
Abigail B.
Abigail B.
Denville, NJ

I do not subscribe to a strict vegetarian diet, but members of my household do, so I often am looking for veggie alternatives when meal planning. I was excited to find the gardein Classic Meatless Meatballs. In the past I have turned to the veggie crumbles for use in marinara sauces, but could never get them to bind into a meat ball. I was excited to find the gardein meatless meatballs for more variety (meatball subs, swedish meatballs). They are a great new addition to our veggie line up.
Dani H.
Dani H.

If you have not tried these, go buy them NOW!!! These are the most versatile meatless product in the line in my opinion. They are seasoned like sausage with fennel seed and garlic. They work in Italian dishes. I love them with barbecue sauce. With ketchup or mustard, they are wonderful. I can not say enough good things. The price is on point as well. These are the best.
Amber L.
Amber L.
Columbus, Oh

My boyfriend isn't vegan and I made these for him one night on spaghetti and he loved them. All Gardein products are so similar to the real meat product that you really can't tell they don't contain animal product. I baked mine to get them a little crispier, but sauteing them works just as well. I even chopped up my leftovers and used them in a vegan biscuits and gravy.
Catlin H.
Catlin H.
Caldwell, ID

These meatballs have a good flavor and texture, although they do have a lot of seeds. (However, I think a lot of meatballs made with beef, pork, etc. have a lot of seeds as well.) They're really good for spaghetti, sandwiches, breakfast bakes and mac & cheese (or any gf, vegan, kosher, etc. variants of those).
Erica K.
Erica K.

I really like these! When cooked as directed (from frozen, in microwave, in sauce, covered), they come out perfect. In the times I've tried them I like them a lot better chopped up some rather than whole. They are really good for a spaghetti meat sauce. My kid prefers these to meat-based meatballs!
Ashley H.
Ashley H.
Bryn Mawr, PA

I generally like Gardein products, but these meatballs are not great. As another reviewer mentioned, they do have a strong flavor which is unique, but not exactly good. Other meatball alternatives surpass this one.
Loretta V.
Loretta V.
Baltimore, Maryland (MD)

Best fake meatballs I've ever tried. I was very impressed. I fried them in some olive oil then put them to simmer in a pot with sauce and veggies. Great on a sub roll too. Makes an awesome meatball hoagie.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.

I purchased this item recently. I was detoxing for a week without meat, which led me to try this product. I used it to go along with my spaghetti. The overall taste was not bad. And I will purchase again

Join Now