gardein™ BBQ Pocket Meals Pulled Porkless Shreds uploaded by Jennifer Z.gardein™ BBQ Pocket Meals Pulled Porkless Shreds uploaded by Lexus J.gardein™ BBQ Pocket Meals Pulled Porkless Shreds uploaded by Lexus J.

BY GARDEIN #14 in Vegetarian Meals

Deliciously Meat-Free

Shay M.
Houston
These are super convenient and so delicious. It isn't really compared to any other snack I'd normally eat, its a heck of a lot better than the traditional hot pocket.  The only reason I didn't give this product 5 stars is because sometimes the breading gets a bit tough or a little soggy.
Seanna H.
Renton, WA
I grew up in a very diverse community, meaning there was so many food options available. And these help curve two cravings I get from growing up like that. Good old BBQ and also Hum Bow(Chinese steamed/baked BBQ pork buns.) These are a nice little treat that has all the convince of Hot Pockets.
Mercedes K.
Champaign, IL
Great alternative to a barbecue favorite. Pulled pork was one of my favorite foods before cutting meat. These taste great and are a lot more simple than a lot of meat products. All you have to do is pop them in the microwave and they are ready to go.
ChrisAngel F.
Miami
Delicious!  They didn't last long.  They were tasty, with a mildly sweet barbecue flavor.  Make sure to heat them for the suggested time and power (on microwave) so the dough cooks completely.  Very good to be meatless :)
Heather R.
These are actually really good. Tastes just like pulled pork it's kind of amazing. They don't have that freezer taste and heat up really well. They make a great snack because of the size. I just wish they were bigger for more of a meal!
Jennifer S.
I saw these in Walmart a while ago and decided to pick them up because they looked interesting. Anytime I see a new vegetarian "meat" product that are not veggie burgers or some form of beef or chicken, I usually want to try them out. Gardein makes some not-so-common veggie meat products that are good (fish filets, crab cakes, etc.) so I thought these pork sandwiches might be good too. First of all, do NOT cook these in the microwave. They have microwave instructions, but I've tried doing that multiple times, adjusting the cooking times, and it literally always leaks out orange juices from the inside, which coats the bottom of the sandwich and turns it super soggy. It may be convenient but it ruins the product. I absolutely recommend cooking these in the oven. As far as taste, they truly do taste like real barbecue pork. They're pretty small so you should eat them with a side or two to be filled up. I think this was another winner from Gardein, as long as it's cooked the right way.
Jennifer Z.
These are good but not worth it in my opinion. The filling is decent but the pocket is just not my thing. The bread gets a little too soft on the inside but if you cook it in a toaster oven or oven they get nice and toasty on the outside. I like all their other meat alternatives but the "meat" in these are a bit like elastic. It's probably a better idea to make your own with homemade seitan and puff pastry or pie crust. The box only has 4, which makes it enough for 2-4 meals depending on your portion preference. I wouldn't say they're affordable. It was fun to try them but won't be repurchasing any time soon.
Carissa M.
Waterbury, CT
So, my meat-eating family may not like it. HOWEVER THIS GIRL LOVES IT! I taste this and I feel as though I'm really eating pork. So delicious. The bread is soft and the meat is a good alternative. It isn't a constant thing in my house. Even though I'm the only one to eat it. Four doesn't last that long so it isn't pricey. But for that quantity it isn't that great. At the same time it is processed to some degree so it is more of a treat anyway.
Lexus J.
Pearland, TX
This is delicious and freakishly resembles the taste of pulled pork. Even my mom who is a meat eater loves this and says it taste like meat. The BBQ sauce has a nice spice to it as well. The only downside is that in the microwave the bread gets super hard on one side and super gooey on the other. I'd definitely recommend the oven method. Takes longer but taste better. Also the portion size is very tiny, definitely a snack, not a meal replacement.
Brisa E.
Redwood City , CA
This was the first vegan Gardine product I ever purchased, and I fell in love with it at the first bite. It's hard to believe that this little pocket was once frozen; its really juicy and tastes delicious. I actually fooled my husband in believing it was actual pork, he couldn't tell the difference between vegan pulled pork and the real deal. I buy these at least once a month because I tend to have one at least weekly. Its definitely perfect for on the go, its fits just about anywhere and can be cooked in the microwave, conventional oven and stove top.
Genny W.
where do find these. I cant find them in the local stores
Shay E.
I love gardein! I really really really want to try these. I haven't seen them at the store. Hopefully other stores around me carry this since they have other gardein products. If you tried these what did you like? What didn't you like? Also do they taste like the vegetarian riblets from morning star... I love those!
Laura S.
Round Rock, TX
I'm from Texas. Does this taste like real BBQ?
Gabrielle A.
Republic, MO
I have always wanted to try these, but I have not pulled the trigger yet. I am not sure why, but I am nervous to try them! They don't get soggy when being cooked with the sauce in them, right? I would love to give them a shot soon!
Jaleasa A.
Providence, RI
Is this good??? I want to try it