BY GAMESTOP #13 in Electronics Stores

• Does Gamestop have price match or offer good deals on Wii U's? I'...5 Answers
  • Why is it that every single employ I have ever had to deal with i...20 Answers
  • Will they only take current console games for trade ins or sell b...7 Answers
GameStop
  • "Everywhere we've found the games are pretty much a set price, so why not go to GameStop where the staff are knowledgeable and friendly." in 8 reviews
  • "GameStop is like my brothers favorite store in the whole entire world and is always spending lots of money " in 7 reviews
  • "I also like the idea that I can trade in games for store credit its definetly a benefit when you have a gamer in your household." in 7 reviews
  • "And when you try to return a game they dont give you enough money for the games that you return after the 7 day return policy." in 6 reviews
  • "GameStop is a great place to buy games and consoles, but don't sell them your old games they pay you really little compared to other methods or selling old games." in 6 reviews
Tikara L.
Techie Expert Level 1
Wasn’t a big fan of GameStop since I would always get most of my games from Walmart or Target. They did carry a lot of the classic games but nothing to really be hyped about. They were also a little bit more pricey on their games and new releases, but at least they used to give me a lot of good demo games when I was younger.
Arlette P.
Indianapolis, IN
Techie Expert Level 1
Game Stop is amazing for game lovers, anime lovers and similar! Every time i go into a store i see a variety of products i would like to buy, they have an interested inventory  and people who works there are very nice! This is one of the favorite places of my little son!
Rori L.
ogden, UT
Techie Expert Level 1
you can get used games and new games, you can get new consoles or used. they literally have everything a #gamer would want! there are many stores around the U.S. and they have amazing deals and sales that happen all the time! stop in and see for yourself!
Sherry R.
Yoooo #GameStop is definitely my go to place.. i can trade in most of not all of my games and systems for store credit to go towards something else.. my girlfriend wants an #XboxOneS and they are willing to take my playstation and trade it in..
EMILY S.
Austin, TX
Their selection of games and accessories is great, especially for a small store. The workers are friendly and aren’t condescending to non-gamers. Their prices are way better than buying games digitally. Will shop here again.
Mandy C.
Elk Grove, CA
Employees are always friendly and helpful, as well as knowledgeable. We always get good suggestions based on gaming preferences too since hubby and I frequent the same location. Go-to for used controllers and consoles as well. Never had any issues with anything from here. My only complaint is that it can get pretty hectic in here, wish it was a little more streamlined and efficient finding a makeshift line and checking out.
Brittany B.
Port Orchard, WA
I've never purchased anything from here but my boyfriend is a gamer and he loves this store. He bought his psvita and games from them and he loves them. I think they give you some type of perks too. He's loves this store like I love Sephora.
Dream S.
lake zurich, IL
I love the store itself because my 2-3 local gamestops actually have competent employees (i.e., they know what to recommend, keep the stores clean and have a fairly good idea on suggestions to fix issues). We're also rewards pro members with 2 pre-teen boys, so the extra "discount" helps when buying used games.

The pros, however, pretty much stop there. Gamestop gets 1 star for every other experience ...and negative stars if I could give it for their non-existent online customer service.

Someone here mentioned it before, but look at their FB page full of visitor complaints and you'd wonder why the BBB hasn't yet been called in. Having experienced it myself this past holiday season, the online website/shopping cart "ate" about $20 off a gamestop gift card (i.e., funds were put on hold but product not received when the online cart crashed). They also forget to mention their "holds" don't automatically clear on their gift cards, you have to call someone. With no email or social media response, you're stuck with contacting online customer service which currently have average hold times of 1.5 - 3 HOURS (no that's not a typo - it is between 90 - 180 minutes of waiting on the phone to talk to a human being) to release the hold. I could never wait past the 1.5 hour mark so the few times I attempted, I hung up. My issue was finally resolved a little over a MONTH after it occurred when their twitter email responded (a week and a half after I appealed to them) and cleared the hold on my gift card (note I gave them full details of date/time of the issue and the gift card number, so that might be why it was cleared up so "soon", otherwise it could've been another month before anyone responded back).

If you're dealing with this company - just do it in store, in person, otherwise expect pretty much complete abandonment and hope of getting someone to help you out.
Erica S.
I personally don't play video games all that much however my husband doesn't anytime that I'm going to buy him an item whether it be a council or a game, I always go to GameStop for it everybody there is completely knowledgeable which helps me because I don't know that much but I always go back there
Linda B.
Bethpage, NY
Love, love, love this store!! My go to place for everything my family of gamers wants! I have been shopping with them for many years both in store and online and will definitely continue. Highly recommend!
Rachel R.
Do you buy here or sell here more?
Cassie P.
Why is it that every single employ I have ever had to deal with in a gamestop a complete dick?
Caroline W.
Needham, MA
Have you ever gotten a decent price for a trade-in ?
Antonia M.
Have you tried selling your video games to any other stores other than game stop?
Sandra M.
Centralia, WA
Can you bring your old games into store for new ones?