BY GAMESTOP #14 in Electronics Stores

• Does Gamestop have price match or offer good deals on Wii U's? I'm ...5 Answers
  • Why is it that every single employ I have ever had to deal with in ...20 Answers
  • Will they only take current console games for trade ins or sell backs?7 Answers
GameStop
  • "Everywhere we've found the games are pretty much a set price, so why not go to GameStop where the staff are knowledgeable and friendly." in 8 reviews
  • "GameStop is like my brothers favorite store in the whole entire world and is always spending lots of money " in 7 reviews
  • "I also like the idea that I can trade in games for store credit its definetly a benefit when you have a gamer in your household." in 7 reviews
  • "$60 for brand new games is too much for that age so it's great to be able to find others that are still in good condition and save a buck. " in 6 reviews
  • "And when you try to return a game they dont give you enough money for the games that you return after the 7 day return policy." in 6 reviews
Ashley C.
I've been going to GameStop for years, and it wasn't until this past year that I started having problems. Mainly customer service, which online is some of the worst. They don't answer emails, they don't answer calls, their FB wall is full of CS complaints, it's bad and they're not trying to change it. On the plus side, their selection of games is decent, their toys (like Funko Pop Vinyls) are really great. Trade in values are awful, I'll trade my games somewhere else where they offer more. GameStop is really expensive, but, it is what it is, video games aren't a cheap hobby. Their rewards program is pretty good, the rewards you can get in exchange for points are pretty darn cool. Go Pro for $14.99 and you get a subscription to Game Informer, too.
Megan J.
Megan J.
I love the store and the options as well as the website and shopping online there, but the employees at my local store are awful. They are always trying to get you to spend way more then necessary. If someone didn't know a lot about video games, they would get totally scammed. When I go in there they say things like "this is all we have in stock" but when I check for myself I find a better, more affordable choice. This exact situation happened just a week or two ago because they thought my little sister wouldn't know, but I was there to help her. Love the store, but all the employees I have met are awful.
Bridget B.
Bridget B.
Johnstown, PA
As a Game Stop Power Up reward Card holder, I can't imagine shoping anywhere else for systems, games or accessories. Each purchase/ transaction earns points you can use on basically whatever. You also get discounts on used games and earn points for trading in your unwanted systems, games and accessories. My kids are gamers so I'll take the benefits that cost me less and reward me than shopping other retailers that don't offer all that Game Stop does. The reward speak for themselves. Thank goodness for Game Stop. They have saved me hundreds of dollars in the last 3 years alone.
Timonium, MD
I'm a pc gamer so realistically I don't have much use for Gamestop. I go in there every once in a while to look at their Pop! Vinyls but all the stores I've been in have a small selection.

I think their prices are high compared to other stores and they give you peanuts if you trade in games or systems.

Hardly any of the employees ever ask if flyou need help and will stand there at the counter talking to someone about a game, which is great but not when you have one thing in your hand to purchase.
David B.
David B.
I started out loving GameStop thinking they were a good business, but then I found out you can get the same stuff the day they come out at another retail store for cheaper. The extras they promise is the same you can else where. I only stay a member to get the specials they run at times and the extra off used games when they run their only best sale the buy 2 get 1 free sale on used games. That and the magazine subscription is worth it.
Cheryl C.
Cheryl C.
Henderson, NV
Love this place. I always look here first to get my games. If you their membership, you get additional savings. I like how I can buy a fairly new game as previously owned for a great price. Never had any issues with the games I've purchased here and the staff really knows their gaming stuff. It's great that you can trade in games too.
Cam R.
Cam R.
Antioch, CA
I have been going to game stop for almost 6 years and honestly they are unfair in some ways. You could trade in 50 games from a last gen system and only get like 30 dollars. Also I traded in my ps2 when the ps3 came out and I got like 50 bucks for it. They only reason I still ship there is because there is still some good deals.
Dre G.
Dre G.
Round rock, TX
I love GameStop. I think they do a pretty great job of hiring their staff. Even the youngest of punk kids know what they're talking about, when it comes to gaming. Also, I really appreciate how involved they are about releases! It's so much fun to go their tournaments and wait in line with fellow gamers. :)
David C.
David C.
Senath , MO
I love game stop it's like every town I go to has a game stop and all the workers know their stuff it's like the know what games I like that are out or the ones that are in the making great deals and sales all the time just wish I had the money to by half through games they have
Hi'ilani H.
Hi'ilani H.
Mililani, HI
Game stop is the best i go there all the time with my
Family the workers there are always nice and it's affordable but it can get very expensive it just depends on what your buying. But i love this store and will go there as long as i love video games which will never end...
Rachel R.
Rachel R.
Do you buy here or sell here more?
Cassie P.
Cassie P.
Why is it that every single employ I have ever had to deal with in a gamestop a complete dick?
Caroline W.
Caroline W.
Needham, MA
Have you ever gotten a decent price for a trade-in ?
Antonia M.
Antonia M.
Have you tried selling your video games to any other stores other than game stop?
Darlene S.
Darlene S.
Why when it come to selling your games back they want to give you pennies and the resale them for half the price you purchase them in the first place