BY GAMESTOP #9 in Electronics Stores

• Does Gamestop have price match or offer good deals on Wii U's? I'...5 Answers
  • Why is it that every single employ I have ever had to deal with i...20 Answers
  • Will they only take current console games for trade ins or sell b...7 Answers
GameStop
  • "Everywhere we've found the games are pretty much a set price, so why not go to GameStop where the staff are knowledgeable and friendly." in 8 reviews
  • "GameStop is like my brothers favorite store in the whole entire world and is always spending lots of money " in 7 reviews
  • "I also like the idea that I can trade in games for store credit its definetly a benefit when you have a gamer in your household." in 7 reviews
  • "$60 for brand new games is too much for that age so it's great to be able to find others that are still in good condition and save a buck. " in 6 reviews
  • "And when you try to return a game they dont give you enough money for the games that you return after the 7 day return policy." in 6 reviews
Logan G.
Augusta
Pathetic excuse for a company, equivalent to piracy.

They give bottom dollar for your games, no matter what. They’ll buy it for $2 and sell it for $40. Since it isn’t new, the developers don’t get any of that profit.

Walmart or Target offer better deals half the time. Avoid unless absolutely necessary.

They have a high employee turn over rate because they force employees to get customers to sign up for pro-rewards, credit cards, pre-orders, and other things they’ll likely never use. If the employee does not meet numbers, then their hours are cut without question.

Half the store is just “collectible items” now too. I literally walked into the store and had to walk 3/4 of the way back to get to view any games. All of their stores are in small areas and they don’t really have layouts. Can’t wait to see them go down along with the malls they’re stationed in.
Mandy C.
Elk Grove, CA
Employees are always friendly and helpful, as well as knowledgeable. We always get good suggestions based on gaming preferences too since hubby and I frequent the same location. Go-to for used controllers and consoles as well. Never had any issues with anything from here. My only complaint is that it can get pretty hectic in here, wish it was a little more streamlined and efficient finding a makeshift line and checking out.
Dream S.
lake zurich, il
I love the store itself because my 2-3 local gamestops actually have competent employees (i.e., they know what to recommend, keep the stores clean and have a fairly good idea on suggestions to fix issues). We're also rewards pro members with 2 pre-teen boys, so the extra "discount" helps when buying used games.

The pros, however, pretty much stop there. Gamestop gets 1 star for every other experience ...and negative stars if I could give it for their non-existent online customer service.

Someone here mentioned it before, but look at their FB page full of visitor complaints and you'd wonder why the BBB hasn't yet been called in. Having experienced it myself this past holiday season, the online website/shopping cart "ate" about $20 off a gamestop gift card (i.e., funds were put on hold but product not received when the online cart crashed). They also forget to mention their "holds" don't automatically clear on their gift cards, you have to call someone. With no email or social media response, you're stuck with contacting online customer service which currently have average hold times of 1.5 - 3 HOURS (no that's not a typo - it is between 90 - 180 minutes of waiting on the phone to talk to a human being) to release the hold. I could never wait past the 1.5 hour mark so the few times I attempted, I hung up. My issue was finally resolved a little over a MONTH after it occurred when their twitter email responded (a week and a half after I appealed to them) and cleared the hold on my gift card (note I gave them full details of date/time of the issue and the gift card number, so that might be why it was cleared up so "soon", otherwise it could've been another month before anyone responded back).

If you're dealing with this company - just do it in store, in person, otherwise expect pretty much complete abandonment and hope of getting someone to help you out.
Erica S.
I personally don't play video games all that much however my husband doesn't anytime that I'm going to buy him an item whether it be a council or a game, I always go to GameStop for it everybody there is completely knowledgeable which helps me because I don't know that much but I always go back there
Linda B.
Bethpage, NY
Love, love, love this store!! My go to place for everything my family of gamers wants! I have been shopping with them for many years both in store and online and will definitely continue. Highly recommend!
Navpriya S.
S Richmond Hl, NY
Techie Expert
This store is nice. Its obiously gonna be expensive because it has gaming devices i mean but its affordable . The games they gave like the categories are nice. The quality of the store is always clean and the games always work.
Jessie F.
Orchard Park, NY
Always has a good selection of games and entertainment products. I enjoy going to the store and searching online. I'm not a horribly frequent video game player but I like having a go-to place when I do decide to buy one.
Kelly S.
Sacramento, CA
Techie Expert
GameStop is a very good place to find games that you're looking for they have anywhere from affordable prices two butts on the market prices they usually carry the newest and they keep all their gear and tip top shape
Felicia J.
Spring Lk Pk, MN
Decent prices. Good deals for pro members can earn points and use the points to pay for the membership. A lot of funko pops. Like how the employees leave you alone and don’t hassle you to buy something
Samantha P.
Long Prairie, MN
Techie Expert
Awesome store! Great service, awesome choices for games and gaming equipment. The only flaw is how little they give you for your things, though I suppose that's how they make their money.
Rachel R.
Do you buy here or sell here more?
Cassie P.
Why is it that every single employ I have ever had to deal with in a gamestop a complete dick?
Caroline W.
Needham, MA
Have you ever gotten a decent price for a trade-in ?
Antonia M.
Have you tried selling your video games to any other stores other than game stop?
Darlene S.
Why when it come to selling your games back they want to give you pennies and the resale them for half the price you purchase them in the first place