Is it worthpaying for?
Does this pay off if you're only an occaisional gamer with 1 system?
What are the late fee charges?
Start your review of Gamefly!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“So being able to rent video games and try them out before you actually buy them, not only saves money but also time.” in 5 reviews
Techie Expert Level 1
Honestly I thought this would be a great subscription for my kids to try out games to see if they would like them and if there worth buying. It's a great concept. The positives it's fairly cheap monthly to be able to play games you may not be able to afford. The down fall is the games take way to long to ship. You may not actually get the games you choose first to want to play and it takes way to long to send back and for then to send another. Often times the games or movies are out of stock
Camp Lejeune, NC
I am personally not a fan of this company. I think there are a lot of areas this company could improve on. This would include turn around time! When my husband gets a game he will discover that it was not for him and it goes right back into the mail box the following day. It however, can take upwards to weeks to get another game? I am also not pleased if you like it you can buy it. For it being used, how months it is rented by the user, and other factors it still would be cheaper to buy the product some where else. I personally would like to drop the whole thing but because this is my husbands thing I am still waiting it out a little longer.
Techie Expert Level 1
At first I was really iffy about singing up. I have seen commercials for it all the time so I new it was legit but it’s $16 a month and I just hate having automatic bills coming out and what if I never want to send it back I’ve paid more for the game every month and yet I still have to send it back. But they had a month free so I said why not, we are on or second month and I actually really like it. You can choose from all the new games, you get it quick and it’s super easy to use they have everything set up so well. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with any type of game system.
Big Spring, TX
Techie Expert Level 1
Gamefly uploaded by Ashtyn J.
Thought this was a hoax really for the longest time until recently when I started trying it out. Honestly I love that I can try games and that the packaging is super easy to use and send off as well. My husband and I switch off on the games in our “q” that get sent to us. If you have the extra money it’s worth trying. If you want to keep the game you can buy it for a discounted price. We buy blank disc cases online and make a label for the ones we buy.
Mississauga
Techie Expert Level 1
I though me and my fiance were getting a deal when it came to using gamefly, but came to the conclusion that with the 1 game out blah blah blah at a time, I'm still paying for a game that I'm still playing. (example: I'm renting Tales of Symphonia Chronicles and while I'm playing it, I'm getting charged monthly (about $18) and I'll be playing ToSC for a while since it is 2 RPGs on one disc and if I were to just buy that game, it would cost just a one time payment of $18
Olympia, WA
My boys have been gamefly members for over a year now. They love it. Not only do they get to try new games right away without buying all of them, but when they do get a game thru gamefly that they find they love and want to keep, Gamefly offers a purchase price for that game much lower than if we went and bought in a store. Gamefly is quick to send a new game when we send one back and sending back is super easy too.
Medford, OR
We recently signed up for Game Fly and we love it. It's like Netflix, but with video games. We get 2 games at a time. If we like them we have the option to buy them at a discounted price. The turn around time is about two days. We have a wii u, xbox 360, and a 3ds. It's cool top get to try games for all our systems. There is a great selection.
Cleveland , OH
I love me some video games. Now that I'm working two jobs, I haven't had a chance to play them as much. So being able to rent video games and try them out before you actually buy them, not only saves money but also time. Why waste both on a game you're going to end up hating and only being able to get a little bit back?
Mckinney, TX
My Grandson is a game junkie, but once he completes a game he is finished with it!! This was a problem until we discovered Gamefly! Now we don't have to buy all those different games and his room isn't cluttered up with disgarded and forgotten games! We justget the game and keep it untl he conquers it and send it back! No late fees or anything!
Techie Expert Level 2
i tired out game fly an honestly wasn't impressed and canceled. i would much rather go to  GameStop  and buy the game then try it out for half the price of buying it. game fly isnt as col as the commercial says