BY GEORGE RR MARTIN #17 in Books

• Whose your favorite character?8 Answers
  • This is a big hype on Netflix and the books are pretty big too bu...4 Answers
  • Do you prefer the books or the tv series?3 Answers
Game of Thrones Series
  • "I think watching the tv show before reading has really helped me, because I can see the characters as they are described." in 38 reviews
  • "There is very little better in the world of modern fiction writing than this series (by the way, the proper series title is "A Song of Ice and Fire" not Game of Thrones, which is the first book in the series)." in 23 reviews
  • "Well written with so many twists and turns and you never know what will happen, don't get too attached to any characters!" in 18 reviews
  • "I just recently started reading this series and will be getting the entire box set as a birthday present and im so excited to see what will happen next " in 16 reviews
  • "The first book was kinda boring, since there are so many characters and in result you lose track and interest, since there is a lot of mumbling/describing in a bit of a boring way." in 15 reviews
Madelaine M.
Loved these books and want so very badly for the next one to come out.. by the time the next one comes out I'll have to re-read the old ones. While I am a show watcher, nothing compares to the books. Many people are put off because of the length of the books, but if you choose to go down the rabbit hole you will fly through them in no time. You will love Tyriion --- and his pain--- even more despite his dark side. You will forgive Ned Stark for his mistakes due to honor. I really like to see the differences between the book and TV show adaptation.
Jody J.
Lanesville, IN
These books are SO long but SO good. I don't watch the TV show at all (please don't throw anything at me) but these books are phenomenal. It took me a year to read the first one, HOWEVER, I was taking a lot of breaks and reading a lot of other things. I'm not generally a fan of high fantasy, and large books tend to give me a lot of anxiety. However, this series has captivated me. (Also the narrator for the audiobooks sounds almost just like the guy from the Harry Potter ones and it makes me feel nostalgic). READ THEM.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
While I do love the Game of Thrones TV series, I love the books so much more. The story is so much more detailed and multi-layered, and the characters are so multi-faceted and interesting. It's definitely not light reading though; don't expect to be able to pick it up for 20 minutes and then put it back down for a week. This series will definitely keep you on the edge of your seat and in my opinion is much better than the television series.
Liz R.
Independence, MO
These are hard to read. Don't get attached to any characters. Never assume anyone is good. Everything will disappoint you. Also, Martin takes FOREVER to write these books. Imagine my displeasure getting tot eh end of Feast for Crows and reading a note saying his next book will occur concurrently, as in, no actual advancement of time or plot. I'm mostly in it now because I've started a series and I have to finish it.
Janine T.
Bryantville, MA
I've read all 5 books on my Kindle and they are all simply amazing. George RR Martin bring the whole world of Westeros to life with this series. I love how this whole story could be an alternate universe of the world itself. And such life that is brought into each of the characters. Yes, there is a lot of them, but you mainly remember the main ones. Can't wait till he comes out with his next book.
Carrie S.
Rogers, AR
Fantastic Series, very easy reading! Each book left you needing to find out what was going to happen next. When taking on this series, expect to lose sleep, and not get anything done! I have yet to find another book that can compete with the intrigue this series surrounds itself with. Truly a great read, and as a book lover, much better and way more depth than the television series, by far!
Avani P.
I bought this series for a friend's birthday and I ended up borrowing each book one after the other to read. They're really good. Most of the events are unexpected, you really never know what is going to come next. Each character is developed quite carefully. It's almost as if you're meeting each character, the personalities are impeccably portrayed to the audience.
Jessika S.
I discovered this series while watching the first season of Game of Thrones and was instantly gripped. Since then I have read all of the books twice. Yeah, twice! Call me crazy! It is a very lengthy read but it is a good series. The story spans several view-points from across the fictional lands of Westeros and beyond. This series really is a game to the throne.
Sarah R.
Philpot, KY
One of the best series I have read in my life! A Song of Fire and Ice has made as memorable an impression on me as an adult as the works of J.K. Rowling did when I was a child! This epic fantasy has enraptured an entire generation of people and I am one of them! I expect to see more supplementary literature emerging in the future.
Lilia M.
If you began with the shows I have to say that reading the books is a must. There is just so many details about the story that the show doesn't tell you. This is such an amazing series. I can not wait for George R.R. Martin to finish telling it. Trust me this is one you won't be able to put down.
Alicia J.
Ladson, SC
Which character was your favorite and why?
Amy K.
Cleveland , OH
Do you think the TV show or the book is better? I haven't read any of the books or seen any of the show. Should I read the books first?
Jessica E.
Should I read the books or watch the show first? I usually read the books first but for this series I've had so many people tell me to watch the show first.
Ruby S.
chicago, IL
Should one read the books before watching the show?
Venus A.
San antonio, TX
Is this a must read series?? and should I read first before I watch the shows