BY GEORGE RR MARTIN #21 in Books

• Are the books worth reading if you already watched the sh...2 Answers
  • Do you prefer the books or the tv series?3 Answers
  • Whose your favorite character?8 Answers
Game of Thrones Series
  • "I think watching the tv show before reading has really helped me, because I can see the characters as they are described." in 38 reviews
  • "There is very little better in the world of modern fiction writing than this series (by the way, the proper series title is "A Song of Ice and Fire" not Game of Thrones, which is the first book in the series)." in 23 reviews
  • "Well written with so many twists and turns and you never know what will happen, don't get too attached to any characters!" in 18 reviews
  • "I just recently started reading this series and will be getting the entire box set as a birthday present and im so excited to see what will happen next " in 16 reviews
  • "The first book was kinda boring, since there are so many characters and in result you lose track and interest, since there is a lot of mumbling/describing in a bit of a boring way." in 15 reviews
Samantha V.
Vero Beach, FL
Now, i have only read the first book in this series so far, so my review only really counts for that one, but I really honestly loved this book. I wasn't surprised I liked it so much because of the hefty amount of fans this series has culminated, but I went into it with lower expectations, knowing fully well some people don't have the patience for something this large, but I thought it was a phenomenal read and i breezed through it. I loved the world building, and while I didn't love ALL the characters, i appreciated every single one of them because they are written so well. While this series can be slightly intimidating at first, once you actually begin it, it's a fast read (at least I my opinion) The only problem is I dont get why I didn't read it sooner lol. So if you've been on the fence about this one and are put off by its massiveness, check it out and see if you like it, doesn't hurt to try, and you might find a favourite.
Rachel R.
Shirley
Most people know the television series..but if you’ve never read the books- it’s a MUST! The books go into depth, more than the show ever could’ve. GRRM has a way of placing right in the middle of this world and you just never want it to end. This is the BEST book series I’ve had the pleasure of reading. Now, if only he’d hurry up with the last 2 books!
I recommend everyone read this series, especially if you’re a fan of the show. The books truly are 1000 times better than the show- and that’s saying A LOT!
Amanda F.
Zanesville , OH
I highly recommend the 'Game of Thrones' book series, as well as the television series! I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan! I didn't start watching it until 2016. Boredom set in and decided to watch an episode to see what everyone had been raving about. I was instantly hooked! I binged watch every available episode. I've actually re-watched all available seasons... It's that good!!!
Tori R.
Las Vegas
I love these books! I own all of the books, but I didn't finish them all yet. The books are huge and will keep you interested for days. I love almost all of the characters, like Danny and Jon Snow. They have so many sad moments like The Red Wedding, which almost made me cry just by reading it! I love the author and this book is one of my favorite, probably top 5 books, but its not my favorite. Its next to the Supernatural books. If you are going on a long trip and need a book to read or just want something good to read, then I would choose the Game Of Thrones Series!
Adele L.
Yuma, AZ
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I have ALWAYS read the book before watching the season on TV. George R.R. Martin brings you into the magical world of families fighting to be the king...or queen of everything. Who will win the Throne? Con. Don't get stuck on your favorite characters. . . they all die. It's sad but will always work out in the end.
Blythe H.
I was reluctant to pick these up as I'm normally not one for fantasy or sci-fi literature (the latter doesn't apply to the Game of Thrones series, but the two genres often go hand in hand so it seemed worth mentioning).  I was one of those dreadful people who watched the show before reading the books.  And I'm not through the whole series yet.  There is a LOT of information and detail in these, which can be tricky to keep track of (diagrams are helpful!).  But the storytelling is wonderful and a whole world has been painstakingly built, which is worth investing your time in.
Brooke G.
Union Grove
Bookworm Expert Level 2
My only issue with the series is the length of time it is taking for the next books to come out. I truly enjoyed reading each and everyone of them. Sure they had some issues, like plot lines that lead seemingly no where and things like that, but the series is a very good read overall.
Jenn G.
Atascadero, CA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I will admit the first book was a bit tough for me to get through- many many characters and names to remember as well as plots within plots and different areas and names that aren’t common can make it confusing. I love the series and am impatiently waiting for the next book.
Stephanie C.
Lorain, OH
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I’ve read the first 2 books in this series and they were phenomenal! I love them. Tyrion was one of my favorites. The only down size is that it was a lot to take in at times and the characters pov bounced around a lot.
Lorie C.
Batavia, OH
George R.R Martin delivers. If you loved GOT first on HBO you will not be disappointed. Martin provides a detailed and rich world dripped in history and fantasy. Memorable characters will entrap you for hours.
Alicia J.
Ladson, SC
Which character was your favorite and why?
Amy K.
Lakewood, OH
Do you think the TV show or the book is better? I haven't read any of the books or seen any of the show. Should I read the books first?
Jessica E.
Should I read the books or watch the show first? I usually read the books first but for this series I've had so many people tell me to watch the show first.
Ruby S.
chicago, IL
Should one read the books before watching the show?
Venus A.
San Antonio, TX
Is this a must read series?? and should I read first before I watch the shows