BY GAIN

Have you noticed a less-than-fresh smell from your washer. Washers today use less water than traditional washers, which can lead to residues from laundry soils, detergents, and hard-water minerals being left behind in areas you can't see. Get your... see more...

Buy on Amazon
Deepti S.
Jamaica, NY
Its important to keep your washing machine clean and this definitely helps achieve that clean fresh laundry for your clothes. The scent isn't overwhelming and it is very simple to use. I would definitely recommend this to others and think it is very essential to clean your machine at least once a month.
Jennifer W.
Ellenwood, GA
I never really thought about using a washing machine cleaner, then saw this in the store and had to give it a go. Our machine was so much more efficient after using this and we highly recommend using it every once in awhile to keep things running smoothly
Megan D.
Nashville
This product has an annoying, sweet odor; sort of like cotton candy. And it doesn't dissipate at all well; I ran the fan in my laundry room for 24 hours, and I can still smell this stuff. Do this on a day you can open all your windows (and doors!). After finishing with the tub clean cycle, I ran a load of rags bcs I didn't want the carnival candy odor transferred to my 'real' laundry!

So, be aware that this product has a lingering, cloying odor.

When my package is gone, I'm switching to white vinegar!
Bridgette E.
Sheridan, IN
I love this stuff. I cloth diaper, so washing machine cleaning is a must-do once a month. It smells amazing. Another reviewer complained about the lingering cotton candy odor but that's a plus for me! I wish it lingered longer! It's got a sweet candy smell that is just plain magical. Oh, and it cleans the washer, too! But back to the smell.... Heaven! Recommending and definitely purchasing again! Gain Washing Machine Cleaner, Original, 4 Count
Alex M.
These are good for making your washer smell good again, it doesn't do much as far as cleaning but your washer will smell really good! These are a little pricey, considering they don't actually clean anything- but if you are trying to get rid of a musty smell- this would be a good product for you! I have given up trying to use these products and resorted to good old fashioned elbow grease! I would not recommend for cleaning.
Haven P.
Cottage Grove, WI
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
I used gain pods in college and they are so helpful! I like this detergent because of the scent it leaves. This is my favorite for bedding because I feel like the fresh smell lasts a lot longer than other brands. Also for being a college student the pods are just so much more convenient especially if you've never done your own laundry before!
aly h.
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
I AM IN LOVE GAIN, THE SMELL AND EFFECTS FROM GAIN. I do not even try to get anything else anymore, no matter what it is for. Not only the washer or dryer. Soap. Cleaner spray. Air freshener. I am obsessed with gain and I recommend it to everyone, then again everyone I know generally prefers gain already as it is.
Daylin N.
Las Vegas, NV
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
Muy buen producto ,lo recomiendo mucho ,saludable y satisfactorio al gusto ,lo volvería a comprar siempre y recomiendo siempre que los demás lo compren ,una vez que fui cliente de este producto nunca he dejado de serlo ,no cambiaría nada de este producto ...
Dakota B.
I didn't notice much of a difference after using this cleaner. I can't compare it to anything because I have not tried other, but I do not feel like it made a difference. Sometimes my laundry still have a mildew smell to it due to an unclean HE washer.
nikki s.
Coffeyville , KS
I was not too too impressed with the gain machine cleaner 8t smelled wonderful and made it look nice and clean but i could still smell a small hint of mildew . however im sure that after a few times using this it should clean it all away