Add a Photo

Photos (13)
Sarah P.
Sarah P.
Punta Gorda, FL

I make my own laundry soap. It's free from harmful chemicals, and super easy to make. Plus, it's very cost effective. Every few months, I like to cycle standard detergent through my clothes and washer. It helps to remove any residue buildup from my usual soap (it has palm oil, and can build up over time.) Anyhow, I usually keep a 50oz bottle of Purex handy, but somehow ran out. Gain was on sale and I had a coupon, so I decided to try it.
It works great! My clothing & machine are residue free, and smell wonderful! Since I only buy 2 or 3 small bottles a year, Gain may be my new go to detergent. I try to keep things simple, but sometimes we all need to splurge :)
I've been told that the best way to eliminate residue from my home made soap, is to run vinegar in the rinse cycle... I don't have the patience to wait for the rinse cycle! So, I'd rather deal with store bought detergent every few months. Until I decide to babysit my washing machine & add vinegar on the rinse cycle, Gain wins!
Karen M.
Karen M.
Las Vegas, NV

This is the only laundry soap my family uses now. We switched to a cheaper brand but as soon as it was gone switched back to Gain. The smell is amazing and long lasting. Also, it cleans so well I have yet to find anything better. NO REALLY!!!! Best smelling laundry soap I have found. It makes my laundry smell amazing and the scent actually stays in the fabric for a couple days. This bottle lasts my family of 4 a couple months and that's with having to rewash blankets every couple days from picnics Wait, Did I mention the smell?!. THIS SMELLS INCREDIBLE. ITS MY FAVOURITE DETERGENT. Scent keeps for days after Washing. Even after weeks hanging in the closet, clothes still smell phenomenal.
Calyn M.
Calyn M.
Las Vegas, NV

Hands down Gain is the best smelling laundry detergent ever created. I once washed some clothes to take on vacation and stashed an extra pair of pants in a secret compartment in my suitcase. Went on vacation, had a blast, came back and completely forgot about the pants. Fast forward a YEAR later I stumbled upon those forgotten pants and I kid you not they still smelled like I had just pulled them out of the washer. I have never used any laundry detergent that kept clothes smelling so fresh long after washing. Unfortunately Gain is a terrible cleaner. If you have heavily soiled items I suggest using another brand. A+ for scent, D for stain removal.
Jeannell F.
Jeannell F.
Simsboro, LA

For years I used a different detergent. It had pretty much gotten to where I could no longer smell it unless the clothes were fresh out of the dryer. On a whim (more like on a sale), I bought a large bottle of Gain. I will never use anything else! I've even gone all out and purchased the Gain fireworks and dryer sheets. When I open my closet door, this amazing scent hits me. It's not really overbearing, just this crisp, fresh scent as opposed to stale closet odors. I swear if they made a perfume, I'd buy it. Buy it and you'll not be disappointed! But in case you are, you can send yours to me!
Brandye R.
Brandye R.
Johnson City, TN

I just LOVE Gain and have for as long as I can remember. I think why I like it so much is because your clothes always smell freshly washed and has such a soft clean scent. Very great price too and can find it anywhere. With three sons and a husband I find myself always buying different brands to wash or clothes in. I'm always washing clothes (im on load #3 of the day now) I would recommend this to anyone. Except people with little babies. I don't know why but it broke my 4month old nephew out according to his pediatrician. Yeah love me some gain.
Brittany M.
Brittany M.
Toledo, WA

Have used Gain Liquid Detergent with Original Scent for many years and it will be the only one I use in the future. The smell is wonderful, my clothes are soft and they come clean. Husband works in construction and we own a ranch so our clothing is tested daily lol, but using Gain will get them cleaner than any other detergent out there! I have tried every kind on the market and I always come back to Gain. If you have never tried it you should, the cost is cheaper than most and it does what a lot of others don't do and that is clean your clothes!
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Angels Camp, CA

I love this smell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The gain people are
geniuses. I don't think anything could beat it. Not
to sound like a commercial but it really is tough on
stains and easy on clothing. Last year e had a big wild
fire up here and washed clothes for fire fighters cause
most of the laundry mats in the area were closed due
to air quality. Gain got all the ash and dust out of their
clothing, even their yellow turnouts came out clean.
Plus they said the scent from the Gain was awesome
while they were far from home.
Kla B.
Kla B.
Bardstown, KY

I've tried gain a few times over the years. Some sents break me out others make my clothes smell funny. The original sent somehow managed to do both. It was honestly a terrible experience and I ended up throwing it away with over half of the product still left. I hate wasting, especially money, but I couldn't handle the itching or the smell any longer. Not a great product and not one that I would suggest to anyone who has skin issues or anyone who sweats any or plans to get wet after using this detergent.
mary m.
mary m.
Manheim, PA

My mom uses this religiously every time she does her laundry so ive picked that up and done the same ever since. The smell is so wonderful it leaves your clothes cleaned and also with a burst of fresh smells. I was amazed at how well it got out tough stains for me. The bottle lasts a good amount but because of how frequent i do laundry i usally go through a bottle in about 2 weeks.. I buy this at CVS as well as dollar general for about 6$. I love it and will continue to use it~
Arianna K.
Arianna K.

Sometimes, building on an original produces great things. In this case, the original is still by far the best. Gain has an unmistakable scent, and doesn't lose anything if combined with a fabric softener. I'm a soccer player with sensitive skin, so cleaning products are a big deal in my house and not only does Gain not irritate my skin I can wash my clothes almost daily and the elasticity isn't affected and my clothes smell like roses, even when I've been on a pitch all day.
Xiomara  P.
Xiomara P.
Kissimmee , Fl

How is this detergent with sensitive skin?
Chantel M.
Chantel M.
Portland, OR

Is there anyone else that doesn't like the smell of this laundry detergent or is it only me?
Najowionnicole F.
Najowionnicole F.
Chapel Hill, NC

Will there be any coupon for me to get this item FREE???
Brea R.
Brea R.
Jackson, MS

How would you describe the smell?
Danielle N.
Danielle N.
Orlando, FL

What is your favorite scent of this brand of detergent?

Join Now