Add a Photo

By GAIN
#48 in Fabric Softener
Add some liquid softness to each load then treat yourself to less wrinkles, stiffness and static.
Photos (6)
Ivy R.
Ivy R.
Saint Cloud, FL

When it comes to the Gain original scent I am always purchasing air freshner, candles, and even car air fresheners because the fragrance is perfect for any area. When I tried Gain fabric softener for the first time I just knew I would love it because of all the other products that use Gains Scent, initially the smell right of the bottle is bold and strong. I just knew my clothes would be left smelling great. When I poured the first capful I noticed the liquid was a little thin, thin compared to the past fabric softners I have used. I followed the simple directions listed on the bottle and waited to feel and smell my clothing once washed. Let me say I was a bit disappointed by the outcome. My clothing had a faint scent, and once they dried I barely noticed a scent and my clothing wasn't soft. This was a total disappointment since I love Gains smell. After experimenting with this softner I've determined that I have to double up what I add to my laundry, in the end I'm wasting money so I rarely use this softner, I really love Gains products but not a fan of this softener.
Haley N.
Haley N.
Mobile, AL

When it comes to laundry, Gain is my go-to. My parents used it, my grandparents used it, it just works. Plain and simple. I've tried other scents of Gain, but original is just so perfect, it's what I use. With this fabric softener, I don't even need the sheets. I like to use the liquid because it doesn't create a weird filmy texture or buildup on my clothes. I had a huge issue with my towels never becoming absorbent. I would buy new towels and they would never absorb water and I eventually would throw them out because they just repelled water. Then I read online that fabric softener sheets leave a film on clothes. So I nixed the sheets and quit using a softener altogether. But my clothes would get so static-y that I had to try something. So I bought this softener and it is just amazing. It doesn't affect my clothes or towels, and just adds that extra staying power of fresh laundry smell. Plus, no more static! I use this every time I do laundry. Love it!
Ella C.
Ella C.
Jamaica Plain, MA

I used to love Downy and I used it for years in public laundromats. But now I have a my own washer and dryer at home and for some reason my clothes started appearing randomly stained with blue fabric softener spots. My washer has a softener dispenser and I'm careful not to overfill it. Downy is thicker and kind of oilier than Gain, but it does not affect the way clothes are softened, they still come out equally soft, fluffy and smelling great, and the stained garment problem was solved! It looks like Gain dissolves faster into the water when it's released from the dispenser. Also my clothes keep on smelling good for a long time, even a week later they still smell fresh in the drawer or closet. When I first tried Gain I thought, "Oh this is so watery..." but when I saw how well it performed I was sold. I really like it.
Jami B.
Jami B.

I love how fresh and clean my laundry smells when I use this. I also love that the scent isn't gone in a day or two - my towels are still fresh days after being washed, which makes this stuff worth its weight in gold. The price on it is generally pretty good and you can usually find a coupon for it. I also like that you don't need a ton of it and it softens without feeling like there's something still in the towels after rinsing.
Renee W.
Renee W.
Seattle, WA

Gain is my favorite laundry brand pretty much the only thing I will use the softener definitely makes a difference in the clothing also adds more to the wonderful scent that you get from watching your laundry I can still smell the scent days later great quality product for a decent price definitely recommend to anyone I love all gain products
Cailin Y.
Cailin Y.
Centreville, VA

I love gain fabric softener, not only is the original scent so recognizable & comforting to me and my family.. But it performs with the best of them. gives a touch of softness without overdoing it. It's always on sale, cheaper than tide  and IMO smells a lot better. I feel most people are either team gain or team tide and I'm just team gain
Ana S.
Ana S.

I mean I think I am just the biggest Gain fan, really. My whole house is filled with gain products. My febreze wax melts, small spaces odor eliminator, air freshener, candle, car freshener, laundry products are all infused with Gain. All my guest all ways complement the smell of my home and clothes. Thank you Gain!.
Pamela P.
Pamela P.
Leominster, MA

I have to say I am really disappointed with this product. If you smell it out of the bottle it smells really good but the smell really won't stay on my clothes. On top of that I noticed white marks on my black clothes after using this so I stopped using it after a couple of times. Will not be purchasing again.
Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.

Love this fabric softener! I did not like using dryer sheets and when they quit making the dryer bars I was searching for dryer sheet alternatives, this has been a great alternative and when I use it with Gain detergent it leaves my clothes feeling clean and smelling clean and great!
Don't use on towels!
Tina D.
Tina D.

One of my favorite fabric softeners! And I also absolutely love the smell of Gain. It is very fresh. These have made a huge difference in my clothes and is very noticeable. All you need is a small cup and these will last you a very long time. I always repurchase and try out different scents as well.

Join Now