Add a Photo

By GAIN
#1 in Fabric Softener
The Gain scent you love in a liquid fabric softener to make your clothes softer with less static.
Photos (15)
Ivy R.
Ivy R.
Saint Cloud, FL

When it comes to the Gain original scent I am always purchasing air freshner, candles, and even car air fresheners because the fragrance is perfect for any area. When I tried Gain fabric softener for the first time I just knew I would love it because of all the other products that use Gains Scent, initially the smell right of the bottle is bold and strong. I just knew my clothes would be left smelling great. When I poured the first capful I noticed the liquid was a little thin, thin compared to the past fabric softners I have used. I followed the simple directions listed on the bottle and waited to feel and smell my clothing once washed. Let me say I was a bit disappointed by the outcome. My clothing had a faint scent, and once they dried I barely noticed a scent and my clothing wasn't soft. This was a total disappointment since I love Gains smell. After experimenting with this softner I've determined that I have to double up what I add to my laundry, in the end I'm wasting money so I rarely use this softner, I really love Gains products but not a fan of this softener.
Brandi A.
Brandi A.
Abingdon, MD

I really like the gain fabric softener, as well as the gain detergent. I was trying to find a detergent that smelled clean, and kept smelling clean and fresh for more than just a day. Thats when I found Gain. The detergent works great, and if you use the fabric softener paired with it, it makes the smell more potent, as well as last longer. I really like using it on towels and bed sheets. Its a great smell to fall asleep to, and the fresh clean smell lasts. I have a HE (high efficiency) maytag washer, and so I made sure to buy the Gain detergent specifically approved for HE washers. Then, I was looking for the softner, and I didn't see the HE logo on the front like the detergent has- I was concerned they didn't make it approved for HE use. However, once I turned the bottle over, it was right there on the back that it is safe for HE washers. Thank goodness, because I wasn't sure what I'd do if I couldn't use the gain softner too. I used to use Tide, downy, purex, or snuggle- but Gain takes the cake with the long lasting great smell.
Haley N.
Haley N.
Mobile, AL

When it comes to laundry, Gain is my go-to. My parents used it, my grandparents used it, it just works. Plain and simple. I've tried other scents of Gain, but original is just so perfect, it's what I use. With this fabric softener, I don't even need the sheets. I like to use the liquid because it doesn't create a weird filmy texture or buildup on my clothes. I had a huge issue with my towels never becoming absorbent. I would buy new towels and they would never absorb water and I eventually would throw them out because they just repelled water. Then I read online that fabric softener sheets leave a film on clothes. So I nixed the sheets and quit using a softener altogether. But my clothes would get so static-y that I had to try something. So I bought this softener and it is just amazing. It doesn't affect my clothes or towels, and just adds that extra staying power of fresh laundry smell. Plus, no more static! I use this every time I do laundry. Love it!
Ella C.
Ella C.
Jamaica Plain, MA

I used to love Downy and I used it for years in public laundromats. But now I have a my own washer and dryer at home and for some reason my clothes started appearing randomly stained with blue fabric softener spots. My washer has a softener dispenser and I'm careful not to overfill it. Downy is thicker and kind of oilier than Gain, but it does not affect the way clothes are softened, they still come out equally soft, fluffy and smelling great, and the stained garment problem was solved! It looks like Gain dissolves faster into the water when it's released from the dispenser. Also my clothes keep on smelling good for a long time, even a week later they still smell fresh in the drawer or closet. When I first tried Gain I thought, "Oh this is so watery..." but when I saw how well it performed I was sold. I really like it.
Fatima O.
Fatima O.
Tulsa, OK

Hey guys and girls ! so what I love about this product is that is is perfect for familys who aren't allergic to fragrance!
the pros are that this product has a long lasting fragrance! and you only need what the directions tell you to achieve the out come of the product !
The cons are that it is fragrance so those who have family members who are allergic wouldn't be able to handle this depending on how bad the allergies are. This
Product was not disappointing overall I give this bad boy a 4 out of five and I recommend buying this product to help reduce static and to keep you clothes fresh.
Sarah D.
Sarah D.
Cumming, GA

I put this softener in with my towels and find it really makes a difference! Towels that sit on the shelf for a while kind of smell "stale" or at least have no fresh scent left when you go to use it but when I wash with this fabric softener I find my towels have a scent still after 2+ weeks on the shelf. As for clothes, I have no review. I've always been told not to use fabric softener on delicates as it wears the fabric down faster..Whether that's actually true or not it's stuck in my head! Great great product overall for my towels though. Equally priced with its competitors too.
Shelley G.
Shelley G.
Texarkana, AR

I am a huge fan of gain fabric softener not just for the great scent and better than average softness. I suffer with skin allergies and gain does not require me to take an anti-itch medicine. From my clothing to linen, gain has been a part of my life for a very long time. The scent doesn't compete with any perfume I choose to wear either. The scent lasts a long time too so if I put my winter linen up by springtime, it smells just as fresh in the fall, as if I just did my laundry. A little goes a long way and that's another positive reason to use gain. I highly recommend it.
Lindsey K.
Lindsey K.
Philadelphia, PA

What can i say? This smells so good and leaves your clothes very soft with a fabulous smell. I suggest using this with the gain detergent for a true smell boost (plus it deep cleans) for a burst of that gain scent. But any detergent you'll still get the scent and soft freshly washed clothes. I switch between this and a few other brands but its always a pleasure to use this. Keeps clothes soft! I've never had any problems and they usually have many sales on this so look out for those and you'll be loving this fabric softener!
Bethany S.
Bethany S.
Indianapolis, IN

Gain is my all time favorite brand for fabric softner and laundry detergent . The price is only 4.97 and for fourty loads that is awesome. The scent smells so fresh and clean and literally last weeks after you've washed something. I have allergies and a lot of brands break me out but Gain never fails me. It gets the stains and mildew smell out of clothes. I highly recommend this laundry detergent to anyone who wants there clothes very clean, smelling amazing, and doesn't want to spend a lot of money.
brandi w.
brandi w.

I really like the smell and the way my clothes feel after using this gain freshlock fabric softener . I like that there is no static cling on my clothes. I think it is a little more pricey than i would normally pay for store brand sheets so i am not sure i will stick to this brand or not. When i got about half way done with my bottle it had turned kind of lumpy like it was starting to dry up. If you do a lot of laundry i would recommend the liquid but if not i would say go with the dryer sheets.
Tabitha B.
Tabitha B.
South Boston, MA

Dose Gain make scent beads
Sharon B.
Sharon B.
Orlando, FL

Does Gain fabric softener keep your clothes smelling nice?
keisha h.

Very long time
Michelle S.
Michelle S.
West Olive, MI

I just started using this and am wondering how the colors of the clothes stays?

Join Now