BY GAIAM #2 in Yoga Mats & Equipment

Safely Support Modify Poses. This block helps you achieve the full benefits of each yoga pose by providing extra height, stability and support. Used under hands, feet or sits bones, Gaiam s lightweight block ensure proper alignment and safely assists in deepening stretches. 9 inches wide 2 6 inches high 3 4 inches deep see more...

• Is this actually useful, or do you use something around your home...3 Answers
  • How long can I expect this to last?2 Answers
  • Is this good for beginners?4 Answers
  • "I got one about 5 years ago and it is still like brand new." in 1 review
Danica J.
When I was starting out with yoga, I bought two blocks to help ease myself into poses and get more comfortable stretching. It is a little challenging learning how to do more advanced poses with the blocks, but by the time I got stronger and more flexible, I didn't feel like I needed them anymore. My one gripe is that they aren't really "pet durable" and the cats can easily chew through hunks of the foam.
Leah F.
AUSTIN, TX

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545}

This is the perfect block for a beginner yogi. It’s lightweight, making it easy to set aside and come back to as you go through your flow. I recommend two of these, one for either side of the mat. The material makes the block very easy to grip.
Rhona T.
Minneapolis, MN
I first bought this in a starter yoga kit. At first it felt kind of awkward to use, but once I got used to how it felt it has become a staple in my practice. I mostly use it for under my hips when they’re really tight, but it’s also good for raising your hands a little higher when doing downward dog. I recommend that everyone have one as part of their kit.
Patty W.
Beebe, AR
LOVE this block! not only is this block light but it is also strong and durable enough to withstand all kinds of poses and different amounts of weight! I bought this at a private owned gym with the matching mat and it has been PERFECT!!! I recommend it to everyone! They last forever
Hayley P.
Jacksonville, FL
Love my block!! Great way to bring the ground up to you to access a better twist in a lot of poses. Got mine for about $12 at target and I use it all the time. Probably four times a week and I’d definitely recommend to others!
Lydia H.
Poplarville , MS
When I just started yoga I bought this yoga block and another one and I love them! I got mine at TJmaxx for only $4 and they are wonderful. They help so much when transitioning into different poses especially for beginners!
Nichole H.
Buda, TX
I love these yoga blocks! They have small magnets in the top so it makes stacking them easy and it doesnt fall over as easy... They are firm, but comdortable enough for stretching and doesnt hurt the wrist or heel..
Belle B.
Matheny , WV
It took me some time in my yoga experience to get to the point where I needed a block. So finding this one just before I moved onto that level was wonderful! It wasn’t pricy but I just wish they had more color options.
True N.
Grand Marais, MN
The blocks are really nice. The texture of them are velvety soft, but I have never had it slip on the floor or have my hand slip. Do be careful if you have long nail or do yoga outside the blocks get scratches and marks super easy...dogs seem to like them as chew toys too haha be warned.
Vanessa A.
['Doral', 'FL'], FL
Really useful and comfortable for stretching work outs. I use them at my pole fitness classes all the time  and it helps me with the splits putting them under my feet to force myself to bend over. Then, I remove them and try the split again and I feel so flexible! It is a great tool!!!
Kristen M.
Chatsworth, CA
How does the foam hold up?
Nettie m.
Don't judge--but I'm relatively new to yoga--once a week for a few months now. we never use yoga blocks but I saw someone had one this past week---how do they help/work?
Lena F.
Are the blocks very squishy? Is it going to stable enough and can I wash them?
Shannon J.
Kansas City , MO
What is the block mainly used for?
Jennifer S.
Hixson, TN
Is this good for beginners?