GABA

by Now Foods

GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid) is a non-essential amino acid found mainly in the human brain and eyes. It is considered an inhibitory neurotransmitter, which means it regulates brain and nerve cell activity by inhibiting the number of neurons firing in the brain. GABA is referred to as the brain's natural calming agent. By inhibiting over-stimulation of the brain, GABA may help promote relaxation. NOW provides only the naturally occurring L-form as found in food and in the body.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of GABA!
Saba V.
Great Neck, NY
GABA uploaded by Saba V.
I have been dealing with a little bit of anxiety, so when I asked my local pharmacy for over the counter medication they have told me about gaba . definitely not bad, I guess it depends on the level of your situation
Lindsay O.
My acupuncturist recommended this supplement daily for relaxation and stress management and I found this brand at my local health food store (Vitamin Cottage/Natural Grocers). This brand is great and always has good, clean supplements with easy-to-read labels. I haven't noticed a huge different with the supplement so far, but it's only been a couple of weeks so it may take longer to get into the system.
T J.
I was recommend this brand tried it out not bad.i tried this brand thru my health food store.they carry everything
Summer B.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
GABA is non-essential amino acid found in the human brain and eyes. it promotes relaxation and eases nervous tension. I love GABA it helps with daily stress of life. I am a calmer person now that I found GABA.

Looking for your answer?