FURminator
By FURminator
Shauna M.
Shauna M.
Vancouver, WA
I have a rat terrier and have little white hairs I'm constantly vacuuming and lint rolling.. Will this work for my dog?
Michelle W.
Michelle W.
Tustin, CA
4 years, 5 months ago
I'm a professional groomer, and while the furminator is a truly great tool, a rubber curry brush like the zoom groom may suit your needs better. Use it during a bath with warm water, and rinse the shampoo away with cool water. This helps close the pores up and will subdue the shedding. Then rub away with the curry brush!
Alexandra O.
Alexandra O.
Utica, NY
4 years, 5 months ago
I mean, I'm sure even if there is a bit of difference in length it might change a little but my grandmother has a Rat Terrier with regular short hair and she just recently used this on him to remove the shedding from his winter coat. It worked wonders for her!
Alison B.
Alison B.
Round Rock, TX
4 years, 8 months ago
I use the short hair one on my rat terrier and it does a pretty good job. He sheds like a beast too all over our couches. You'll have to do it pretty regularly and keep a trash can handy
Toni R.
Toni R.
N Yarmouth, ME
4 years, 8 months ago
Yes it will. They have ones for both short, medium and long haired dogs and cats. Their kinda pricey but I think their definitely worth it.
Milagreta R.
Milagreta R.
4 years, 8 months ago
I'm sure that it will; I use this on my Westie (carefully)and have no prob with him
Amy H.
Amy H.
4 years, 9 months ago
This works great on my dog, who is a terrier mix
Kassie H.
Kassie H.
4 years, 9 months ago
I have a similar tool and I believe they work on both cats and dogs!
Ellen M.
Ellen M.
Stratford, Prince Edward Island
4 years, 9 months ago
I find it works best on thick coats. My toy eski sheds like it's his job, and this has saved many pairs of black yoga pants
lacey g.
lacey g.
Ewa Beach, HI
4 years, 9 months ago
Im sure this will work for your dog! I have a jack russel and it works great on him:)
Dacia S.
Dacia S.
Bloomington, In
4 years, 9 months ago
I have a Yellow Lab mix with white hair thats about medium length, and this works for my dog. The first time I used it was in the spring when he was losing his winter coat, and you'd think I shaved a sheep! But he still had hair! I was amazed how much hair he pulled off. It def helped control the amount of hair he was shedding. He still will shed though. They have a Shampoo that you can buy that will help, and you have to watch what you feed him. If you are feeding your dog a lot of products with corn as the top 4 main ingredients it increases shedding. Try Blue Buffalo food. Its more expensive, but its better for him, and will also fill him up faster too.
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
4 years, 9 months ago
Yes, this should work fine for your rat terrier. I have a Jack Russell Terrier and this works great on her hair. I too have to vacuum all the time and am constantly using a lint roller on my clothes and furniture. I have found a significant decrease in the hair she leaves on furniture, our clothes and everywhere else when I use the FURminator on her. Wish I had invented this thing! LOL It works great! I am definitely sold!
Kristy K.
Kristy K.
Grove City, OH
Yes, I use it for my cat & dog
Morgan L.
Morgan L.
Blmngton Spgs, TN
4 years, 9 months ago
It's more for long hair dogs. You should try to find a short rubber bristled brush. Petedge.com has a bunch
Crystal B.
Crystal B.
N Tonawanda, NY
4 years, 9 months ago
If the hair is a very thin coat - it won't. This is more for animals with heavy and thicker coats. I don't use it on one of my dogs because the coat is so thin and small. :(