Furminator FURminatorA Short Hair Deshedding Dog Tool uploaded by Mel C.

BY FURMINATOR #18 in Dog Grooming & Bathing

By reducing shedding up to 90%, the FURminator Deshedding Tool enables you to share your home with your dog, without surrendering it to his hair. Used and recommended by veterinarians, groomers and pet professionals, this tool is guaranteed to reduce shedding better than any brush, rake or comb! Features: Short hair stainless steel edge reaches deep beneath your dog's short topcoat to safely remove undercoat and loose hair FURejector button cleans and removes loose hair from the tool with ease Sleek, ergonomic handle makes the tool easy to grip Note: Tool is designed for coats shorter than 2". Toy Dog: 1.25" edge (for dogs up to 10 lbs.) Small Dog: 1.75" edge (for dogs up to 20 lbs.) Medium Dog: 2.65" edge (for dogs up 21-50 lbs.) Large Dog: 4" edge (for dogs 51-90 lbs.) Giant Dog: 5" edge (for dogs over 90 lbs.) see more...

• I've been looking at buying this for sometime but the hig...6 Answers
  • Does this trim the hair at all? It looks sharp like it wo...1 Answers
  • I have been trying to find a product that works on my box...1 Answers
Stephanie B.
Jackson Hts, NY
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Got this for my puppy because he sheds so much all over the house. My dog is a King Charles Cavalier and I've been using this every other day. It takes off any lose hair so it won't accumulate on the floor. Going to try longer to see if there is any major improvement. No issues so far
Allie H.
St Louis, MO
Petsmart uses this as an optional add-on for their grooming service, and I always splurge for it for my corgi! It works wonders on his 3 coats! Not only does it help with the shedding around the house, it also helps keep him cooler in the summer. Win-win!
Erica L.
Lewisport, KY
So we have a 130 pound great dane boy. He's the sweetest! And even though every where that we researched and read and looked said that they did not shed, THEY DO. This tool literally gets all his hair out. I can brush him 2-3 times a week and it gets out a ton of hair every single time. The price was/is high, but it is worth it. I would buy it 1,000 times over. We got ours from pet smart, and the prices are pretty similar everywhere from what I've seen, so it shouldn't matter where you purchase.
Tina H.
Van Nuys , CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I wouldn't say that my dog sheds TOO much, but he does shed. I've tried other combs and brushes and he would alwaaaays squeal and move. However with this brush, he just lays there and let's me brush him. The result? Omg I didn't even know he would have that much loose hair. I usually get a big fur ball at the end of his weekly brushing. He likes it and I like that that hair is not on my bed and clothes :)
Britt K.
Atlanta, GA
Life changing. I have a husky German shepherd mix and his hair is my worst nightmare. I got this tool last year and it has been a GOD SEND. I use it often 2x a year when he blows his coat and it has saved my life - cannot express this enough. The amount of undercoat it is able to get is incredible. He lets me do it- and it's easy to clean the fur out. If you have a dog that sheds YOU NEED THIS.
Rachel B.
Amarillo, TX
Nothing compares to this for deshedding thick undercoats. A good brushing every other day really does cut down on the shedding. Not recommended for dogs with extremely short hair though (pits, great danes, boxers, etc) because the hair is not thick enough to protect from the brush. Try a rubber curry brush for that type of hair!
Brianna B.
Having dog hair all over is not a fun thing to be cleaning everyday, but the furminator I have, it's super easy. My patterdale terrier sheds non stop and everywhere because she has so much energy so using this product makes it easier on everyone by eliminating most if not all fur!
Sarah D.
Springfield, MO
For about 3 months a year, our Border Collie starts shedding like crazy. This brush changed our lives! We took brush her once a day, outside, and saw a HUGE decrease in the amount of hair being shed inside our home. Our dog loved the routine (it must feel pretty great) and was eager when the time came each day. If you have a shedding dog, this brush is worth the price!
Christine J.
Cambridge, MA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
we've been using this for years, bc PUGS SHED LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW! omg... never knew how much they shed before i got my baby. But I'd still get pugs bc they're precious! You get a pile of their fur with this furminator. I don't use it on her all the time, just once a while.  There is endless hair you can go on for ages... But remember to be gentle with your dogs.
Nikki S.
Harrison Twp, MI
When we first got this tool, we brushed our dog with a regular brush and then with the furminator. We could not believe the amount of extra hair the furminator got off of our dog. Definitely impressed and worth the money! I recommend this to any dog lover!
Brittany B.
New Palestine, IN
I've been looking at buying this for sometime but the high price has made me nervous.. is it worth it?
Jaden V.
Pickering, ON
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Does this work well? I've seen it lots lately
Jennifer M.
Annapolis, MO
Do these cut good? Are they lower when on,?
Carrie P.
Metairie, LA
Can it be used on cats too? Where do you buy it?
Sarah T.
Rocky Mount, NC
I have been trying to find a product that works on my boxer. We have tried the gloves and long rollers, and don't even try to point a vacuum in his direction. Anyone with short haired dogs had success with this product?