BY FURMINATOR #7 in Dog Grooming & Bathing

By reducing shedding up to 90%, the FURminator Deshedding Tool enables you to share your home with your dog, without surrendering it to his hair. Used and recommended by veterinarians, groomers and pet professionals, this tool is guaranteed to reduce shedding better than any brush, rake or comb! Features: New long hair stainless steel edge reaches deep beneath your dog's long topcoat to safely remove undercoat and loose hair faster and easier FURejector button cleans and removes loose hair from the tool with ease Sleek, ergonomic handle makes the tool easy to grip Note: Tool is designed for coats longer than 2". Toy Dog: 1.25" edge (for dogs up to 10 lbs.) Small Dog: 1.75" edge (for dogs up to 20 lbs.) Medium Dog: 2.65" edge (for dogs up 21-50 lbs.) Large Dog: 4" edge (for dogs 51-90 lbs.) Giant Dog: 5" edge (for dogs over 90 lbs.) see more...

• Has anyone tried this? How does this work1 Answers
  • How well does this work for German Sheppards?2 Answers
  • My dog typically dose not like being brushed, is this something t...3 Answers
Amanda W.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This is the best kind of brush, especially is you have a dog with hair like mine. She is a poodle mixed with a lhasa apso so her hair is crazy curly and knots super easy. This is so great in getting out her knots without hurting her. It also helps to make her so fluffy! I definitely recommend this!
Courtney L.
This is a necessity with a giant long hair breed that sheds and gets matted constantly. Don't know what we'd do without one. Twice a year he blows his undercoat and it's just crazy what comes out of him. A whole other dog!
Casey S.
The best comb/brush to use on my mini Aussie. It helps pull all the excess hair out which means I have a lot less hair in my house. It's a little expensive but it was definitely worth the purchase!
Emily H.
Lakeland, FL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
What i’ve found with a total of 5 dogs in our family, 4 labs and a husky, and also caring closely for a german shepherd is that all dogs have totally different fur types. All of these fur types have different needs for brush types. The furminator works well when our dogs are all shedding at their worst, or “blowing their coats”. We can fill a trash bag with just the husky alone or just the shepherd alone!

But I️ don’t use this brush on the pups when they aren’t blowing their coats bc I️ feel as though it is hurting them. I’ll use a stripper brush or an old fashion normal brush on them with the metal bristles.
Amanda M.
Starkville, MS
As as dog mom of an Aussie mix, hair is continually an issue, regardless of when my pup is blowing her coat. The furminator is a life saver, in regards to getting rid of that fluff that will eventually blow around my home. My pup also gets so excited when I pull that thing out, and it obviously doesn't cause her any pain. Well worth the price!
Léage Marie M.
I love love love this brush! I never realized how much she shed until I bought this. I try to brush her outside since I'm also allergic to her. But that's besides the point. I highly recommend this to all dog owners that have a shedding problem!
Tegan W.
This product is so amazing! I have a St. Bernard which is a huge dog in case you didn't know and it does such an amazing job! I bought it at PetSmart for about $30. My dog Maizy loves the FURminator because it doesn't hurt her like some brushes and I love it because I don't have to grab her hair out of the brush. I definitely recommend.
Sarah P.
Fort Wainwright, AK
I use it on my German Sheppard and it works wonders. It thins out the top coat while pulling loose fur from the under coat. Highly recommend using during high shed times like spring. It's a little more expensive than regular dog brushes but it's worth it. That extra money spent saves your sanity when it comes to dog hair being everywhere.
Aly O.
LOVE my furminator! We have labs with thick double coats who are always shedding in this crazy Texas weather. This product really helps us to control the hair in our house. We've had it for a few years and it seems to be a quality product.
Ariel C.
Jacksonville, FL
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Pricey brush but totally worth it. I figured a $50 one time purchase compared to multiple trips to the groomer was well worth it. Easy to use and doesn't hurt my border collie. Pair with the de shedding shampoo and you have a pup
Kristine P.
Lafayette , IN
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Is it worth the price? We have 65 lb collie mix and she sheds like no other. We get her groomed a few times throughout the year, but it is so expensive. Would this be worth it?
Tabitha R.
Enfield, CT
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My dog doesn't have extremely long hair but seems to shed quite a bit especially since it's winter....will this work for her?!
Marissa S.
Spanish Fork, UT
My dog typically dose not like being brushed, is this something that he will be able to feel on his skin?
Ashley H.
Dell Rapids, SD
Does this hurt the dog We had a cheaper version of this and my dog yelped every time we used it, even if we brushed him good first!
Amber Y.
Hephzibah, GA
How well does this work for German Sheppards?