BY FURMINATOR #2 in Health & Grooming

Short Hair deShedding Tools for Cats feature patented deShedding edges designed to reach beneath the short topcoat to gently remove undercoat and loose hair. Used and recommended by professional groomers and veterinarians, FURminator deShedding Tools for Cats reduce shedding up to 90% and prevent dangerous hairballs from developing. Short Hair deShedding Tools for Cats are designed for coats shorter than 2 inches, and available in large and small sizes for optimal results and quicker, more efficient deShedding. see more...

• Has anyone tried this on their cat and did they like it?3 Answers
  • Wow... is this item really $50?5 Answers
  • I love this for my short haired cats but have never used ...2 Answers
Buy on PETCO
  • "this brush is yes more expensive then other brushes, but works so much better and its so much easier to get the fur out of the brush." in 1 review
  • "My cat loves getting brushed and it really cuts down on the amount she sheds." in 1 review
Taylor C.
E Stroudsburg, PA
My little baby girl is such a sweetheart, (to me, hates everyone else) but she HATES being brushed, so I had little cheap brushes that allow you to pet your cat while your brushing them.
Shes developed some health issues and some of it is choking on hairballs, so I bought everything I could, gel, wipes, dry food, treats, but not this brush
Only cause I couldn't afford it as terrible as that sounds. I saved some money up and I finally bought this
She LOVES it, the second she sees me coming at her with this she starts purring and rubs her face along the brush. She allows me to brush forever.
It picks up so much hair it's almost comical. Who knew that much hair could be on a cat. I really appreciate the fact this little button pushes the hair off the brush, not that it's ideal, just a little plus in my opinion.
It's a little heavy for a hair brush but nothing that anyone can't handle
Her fur is also EXTREMELY soft after using this
Yes it's a little pricey but there's a reason why, because it's great quality
And there's a reason why it's so popular.

PLEASE be VERY careful when using this, I have a friend who was using this on her cat for a little too long and now she has almost no fur
Courtney W.
Review for: FURminatorA deShedding Short Haired Cat Tool more...
I love all of the furminator products. My family members recommended the original dog brush to me and once I became a cat owner, it was my first investment. It is the greatest tool out there for removing excess undercoat fur, particularly as it is transitioning into the summer months, and helps to keep the shedding and fur everywhere to a minimum. They are expensive but 100% worth it, they do the job like no other brushes out there and you can often find coupons, rebates, or sales on them to help reduce the cost
Elizabeth G.
Tipp City, OH
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Great for long haired dogs with a double coat. These dogs should not be shaved. But this pulls out loose hair while trimming some of the extra long hairs. I have an Australian shepherd with extremely long hair, and she loses so much long hair, and this has made wonders for her in our home.
Crystal G.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Review for: FURminatorA deShedding Short Haired Cat Tool more...
My cat normally won't let a brush anywhere near him, so I knew it was a risk to spend money on the Furminator... but it actually turns out that he loves it! He lays down on his side and enjoys every minute of the brushing. I honestly didn't think that the brush would work this well, but I was pleasantly surprised! Now there isn't (as much) hair on all my furniture!
Mere A.
Sterling Heights
My cat Max is a shorthaired Bombay but he doesn’t like to be brushed. Once I bought this I was a little‘s spectacle and so was he. I was terrified if I was going to accidentally poke him and didn’t know which way the brush would go but once I got the hang of it he loved it and would run towards me once I have in my hand.
CHRISTAL R.
W Lafayette, IN
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My cats have super long thick hair.  One of my cats gets mats if she is not brushed regularly.  With the Furminator it takes the undercoat and leaves them feeling super soft.  I can tell my cats really enjoy it because it is like when we go to the salon we show we feel better!  I highly recommend this tool.  I will never use a regular brush again.
RebeccaBlair c.
Williamsville, NY
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I love this brush. My cat Clyde also loves it. He instantly starts purring and I love that it pulls out the little hairs that would normally just fall out and cover my couch. The comb part is also small enough to gently comb out any little tangles which is great because little Clyde isn't the best groomer.
Karina R.
Review for: FURminatorA deShedding Short Haired Cat Tool more...
My cat sheds a lot and he's an indoor cat. He has thick layered fur and this brush does the job right! It gets deep in his fur and frees the fur he would be shedding. It also has a little button to kinda scrape of the hair off the brush. I got this because my vet recommended it and I don't regret it!
Kaylyn H.
Review for: FURminatorA deShedding Short Haired Cat Tool more...
This brush is actually amazing and I have yet to find a brush that works nearly as well as this one. It seems to take an endless amount of undercoat fur without hurting my cat. He actually likes it sometimes. It is pricey if you buy it from the store, but you can get it for $20 at Amazon.
Rachel P.
Kissimmee
Review for: FURminatorA deShedding Short Haired Cat Tool more...
My cat comes running when she sees that i want to comb her she loves it. It really gets all the hair from shedding season out quickly and doesn’t hurt her. She loves to rub up on it too. This tool seriously can make it look like another cat came off her with all the hair it pulls out.
Kaleigh C.
Lafayette, LA
Beth F.
Should this be used in the winter or only during warm months?
Michelle D.
London, ON
Im just wondering if anyone has found a simular product that works as well?
Haley K.
Covington, Ky
My cat sheds more than I have ever seen a cat shed. It doesn't matter how many times I brush her, there's still a ton of hair. Any suggestions?
Trista S.
Is this worth the price?