FURminator deShedding Tool for Medium Dogs

• I have a bichon fries and I have looked at these before c...2 Answers
FURminator  deShedding Tool for Medium Dogs
FURminator deShedding Tool for Medium Dogs
Buy on Amazon
  • "but be mindful it has nothing to do with the size of your pet and more to do with how much hair they have my dog is small be he has quite a lot of fur." in 23 reviews
  • "My dog actually enjoys this FURminator deShedding Tool while i take off all the loose hair she has she enjoys a back scartch with it ! " in 18 reviews
  • "I have a lab and this works great on her BUT we have a Shepherd Collie mix who sheds years round and this product keeps most of the hair in the yard and not it our house!" in 16 reviews
  • "It's gentle enough for my Great Dane that has skin problems and works wonderful on our Mastiff that has thicker fur as well!" in 13 reviews
  • "My black lab sheds the most, and by the time I'm finished with him, I have enough fur and undercoat to stuff a large pillow. " in 8 reviews
Amber E.
Flowery Branch
I use this product on my cats and dogs. I have a long haired dog without an undercoat, a GSD mix (that blows out his undercoat biannually) and DSH cat. It easily takes away the undercoat of my GSD and seems to help take away any loose hair on my other pets with ease! I have cut myself using this brush carelessly, and believe many could cut their pet if one wasn't paying attention. Please pay attention!
Michelle B.
as a long time dog groomer of 13 years, I swear by all the furinator brushes, as well as the off brand ones. The two that I own now have lasted me for maybe 8 years if you take care of them they will last making the price you pay absolutely worth it. No need to by different brushes.

with this brush i love the button to push the hair out of the comb this such a handy feature.

I recommend this brush for double coated dogs meaning dogs with a thick under coat. (german shepherds, labs, etc.) I do NOT recommend this brush for breeds like (Boxers, chihuahuas, pit bulls) they may shed A LOT but this brush could scratch and brush burn their skin easily.  always check the skin with any dog.

use the furminator with the Kong Zoom Groom brush and be amazed. the furminator gets the downy fluff undercoat, the zoom groom grabs the wiry top coat.
Alexa C.
In combination with the furminator shampoo, shedding is not such a huge problem in my household! I have a Labrador retriever with short hair, but she still sheds like CRAZY. Or should I say, used to shed like crazy? I regularly brush her about two times a week and I find that I am able to keep up with her hair cycle growth this way. She loves when she gets brushed because afterwards she gets a treat, so getting brushed is a puppy spa treatment to her! And I love how little hair is on my couch. It’s a win win! This little tool collects all the hair too instead of letting it fly around in the air / getting caught in your nose. I am not sure if this tool would work well on long haired dogs..because I think they have a brush specifically for long haired pups. Check them out, they have great products!
Kamila d.
Charlotte
I have a Husky Australian Shepard mix, she sheds like crazy 2 times a year.
Her fur is like a magnet and the only way I could avoid the shedding was grooming her very short.
A friend told me about the furminator, I tried it out and loved it immediately. It really works. It removes the dog's undercoat. I have to brush her every day to avoid the shedding. She still sheds a little bit, but nothing compared to my life without the furminator. null
Amy W.
College Sta, TX
This product has saved my life! I have a black Labrador heeler mix that was a rescue. I absolutely adore my dog, but she sheds quite badly. I find her little black hairs everywhere. Our use this product about once a week and it makes a tremendous difference. I highly recommend this product!
Megan S.
Strafford, MO
These are fantastic! I'm not sure if mine is the medium or large dog version for short hair dogs (I have one of both sizes and use it interchangeably). It's amazing how much hair it pulls out. I have to pull the hair out after almost every brush stroke, or it starts falling out. My biggest recommendation would be to brush them outside or in an area you can easily sweep/vacuum since so much hair comes out. It works great for both my lab and blue heeler. They actually fight over who gets to be brushed first when I pull out the brush. The only reason I gave it four starts instead of five is because I have another similar brush that was much cheaper and just as effective.
Corina A.
Wow, this takes a ton of hair off my dog, which thankfully won't end up in my carpets! We weren't expecting our dog to shed so much, so this cuts down on vacuuming a lot. Our dog didn't like it at first, but is getting used to it after a week or so. It's very sturdy and well made. Should last a long time.
Olivia B.
Clintonville, WI
I've been using this on my golden retriever since he was a puppy. It gets an insane amount of hair off of him! I always end up with a huge pile of dog hair! It's definitely worth the money! I bought mine from Amazon and paid about half the price as when you buy it at a pet stores.
Heather B.
I LOVE this FURminator! It helps keep my house free of dog
hair (well less hair around the house, lol)! The first time I used it my dog
was a puppy so she was a little scared of it but now she loves it! I try to use
it 2x a month. It’s gentle and picks up a lot of loose hair that would
otherwise end up on my floors.
Anne A.
Murfreesboro, TN
We started using this on our Mini Aussie a few months ago and it really does make a big difference. He doesn’t shed nearly as much! I let my sister use it for her dogs too and she loves it! The price is a little scary but it is very well made and will last forever.
Julie T.
Washington, DC
How well does this really work? I don't want to waste my money if it doesn't do more than a regular brush can.
Daphne G.
Is this any good?
Katie V.
Hudsonville, MI
Is it worth the price?
Denyse M.
Sun City, CA
Is this really worth the price? I bought my shepard a brush that he really seems to enjoy but it doesn't seem to do the job. He will rub himself against my leg after brushing him and I get hair all over my pants.
Thelma H.
Cave Creek, AZ
Is this worth the price? are there any cheaper alternatives. my car sheds a lot and hes on natural grain free food which is supposed to help the hair shed but i haven't noticed a difference

FURminator  deShedding Tool for Medium Dogs