BY FURMINATOR

• Yowza, these are a little expensive...do they work THAT w...8 Answers
  • Can these brushes be cleaned with just soap and water or ...3 Answers
  • How well does this work for beagles? My beagle doesn't sh...6 Answers
FURminator
  • "I recently received this as a gift and it gets so much hair off my dog and I've noticed there isn't hardly any on the furniture like before. " in 110 reviews
  • "Use the medium-size brush for my 35lb Queensland Heeler and it really works great and gets off a lot of fur, even undercoat!" in 107 reviews
  • "Since I have the one designed for short hair (the teeth are a little smaller I believe) it obviously works better on my short haired cat, but even still I found it works fairly well on my long haired cat as well." in 101 reviews
  • "I LOVE this brush, I have a jack Russell with short hair and this brush definitely gets down all the way to the undercoat without hurting my dog. " in 85 reviews
  • "Gets so much hair off my cats...only wish it weren't so messy,especially brushing my long hair cat..the static is crazY!" in 74 reviews
Thu L.
Richmond, VA
I have a double coated pug. He is always shedding, and I was looking for something to help reduce the shedding. I tried all the regular brushes, and then eventually decided to purchase a FURminator. I was always hesitant when buying this because it was on a pricey end, but it was definitely worth it. Save yourselves some time and money and just go purchase this when you have a dog and toss all the other brushes away. It is easy to use and easy to clean. This is an essential when spring/summer time comes around.

I just don't recommend using this daily. There was one time when I was using it, and it gave my dog a little cut and I was not even using it to rough.

Other than the little cut that one time, I highly recommend this product to any dog/cat owners! It saves me a lot of time when it came to removing fur from clothes, furnitures, etc. because it does reduce shedding. It doesn't make shedding completely go away, but it does help. My dog also loves it. He gets really excited every time he sees me pick it up, and it feels really good to him. I'm assuming my dog recommends this too!
Shanel H.
Tomball
I love this brush. I have 2 large dogs. Both leave giant hair balls EVERYWHERE! I have tried everything short of taking them to a professional groomer regularly because, let's face it, they are expensive! I went as far as to remove all rugs from my home and bought leather couches so i wont have fur all over them. I've shaved my dogs every summer for 4 years and they are a lab mix and blue heeler. This saved me hours of fur clean up and the amount of brooms I've had to buy because you just can't get all that fur out I swear. It's been amazing to own a vacuum for almost a year ANF never have to unclog all that hair. 100% recommend this product. (I have 3 now)
jessika d.
Shreveport , LA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I bought this because my dog seemed to be shedding more and more as he got older. I have a fawn pug and his light hair clings to everything. I like this tool because I can see it working! It’s kind of messy when you are trying to get the hair out of the comb. My dog isn’t a fan either but he’s very hyper so sitting still for too long isn’t his thing. Definitely make sure you have a good 20-30 minutes to sit down and comb your dog to get as much loose hair as you can!  Furminator FURminatorA Short Hair Deshedding Dog Tool
Katherine C.
Davis, CA
I bought this product recently and it's great. 10 minutes of brushing my puppy and there's already a ball of hair. She is a mix of breeds that tend to shed A LOT. This product helped with getting some of the fur to reduce shedding. One problem I have is just getting her to stay in place so I can brush her. Other than that this product works great. It may be a bit more expensive than regular descending brushes but it's definitely worth the money. I bought mine from Amazon, so it was a but cheaper than getting it from a local pet store. I would recommend this to a dog owner.
Samantha F.
I purchased this brush for my dogs to replace the previous brush we had, which was an older version of the FURminator. The original was purchased several years ago at a vet office. Some of the he teeth began to bend on the old one. This new style is even better! The hair release button really works! It speeds up the process by not having to stop and remove the hair from the brush. It really works well on our dogs, and works to brush our long-haired cats too! I would highly recommend this brush.    FURminator deShedding Tool for Medium Dogs
Lauren R.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
We have a German Shepherd and she decided she was going to shed her coat all at once, it was literally coming off in clumps. I’ve usually gone cheap when it comes to brushes but this is a game changer. It removed the hair so well and kept it contained to the brush, and the mechanism makes it easy to release it when you’re ready to put it in the garbage. Now if only dog hair was a lucrative product because I don’t know how my girl has any hair left after all that she’s shed.
Kristin V.
Antioch
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My dog has thick, coarse fur (think german shepherd hair). This is a godsend to keep vacuuming under control. I can get garbage bags worth of hair off of her every time I brush her but that keeps me from having to chase it down later. I live in the south, so if you do as well and have a dog (or cat) with thick fur, this is so very much worth the price.
Rachel B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My friend with a husky recommended these to us for our white lab who sheds HORRIBLY. This product quickly made me a believer! It thinned his undercoat and cut down his shedding by nearly 75%. I still wouldn't recommend coming to our house wearing black, but at least there is no longer a coat over the couches. I was also a little hesitant about using the same brush that handled that huge amount of hair on our Cane Corso Italian Mastiff, as he has a much shorter coat with little to no shedding. But it did wonderfully on him as well. It didn't pull out clumps of hair like on our lab, but just removed the lose black strands laying within his coat. Love this brush!
Kendra C.
Greenwood, IN
I absolutely cannot stress how good these brushes are!! As a momma to a corgi, a puggle, and a chihuahua yorkie mix, I'm no stranger to constantly fighting the dog hair battle! I was amazed the first time I used the FURminator! It really gets the undercoat on the dogs that most brushes don't even touch. I brushed my corgi the first time with the FURminator shortly after brushing him with his regular dog brush and I couldn't believe how much hair was still coming off of him! Every time I brush my corgi and my puggle, there is enough hair to make another dog!! This really helps a lot during the warmer months when they are constantly shedding.  When I stay on top of brushing them regularly with it, I have noticed I don't have to vacuum as intensively as I would have to without it. Love my FURminator!!
Cindy C.
San Jose, CA
I love this tool! It's perfect for my little shedder, it took off so much hair my mom thought I was shaving the little guy. But it of course it only took off his undercoat. Now he roams around the house and rarely sheds at all. I just wish that the 'long hair' tool was a bit longer, I still feel like I need to empty it quite often. My dog's quite the fur ball and though he's small he's got a lot of fluff I gotta furminate.
Hannah J.
Lakewood, OH
Just went through 2 brushes - one a regular pet brush with two sides and another a fine tooth one that's more like a comb. Neither seem to deshed my cat well at all. They just work okay. Is this worth the price?
Tiffany P.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Do these work well on cats?
Kristine P.
Lafayette , IN
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I recently saw these at PetSmart. Do you recommend it?
Ruth H.
Cheyenne, WY
Is the product worth the price? $35 in a store near me. I have 1 short haired cat. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Zhulmira P.
I've heard both good and bad things about this product. Since the Furminator is on the pricey side, I'd like to know if it really works before shelling out the cash. I have a german shepherd mix and he definitely goes through heavy shedding periods... would the furminator really work?