Historically, beauty companies have told you what you need for your hair. We know that you know your hair better than anyone else does.

Our founding team—world-class MIT engineers and data scientists—spent years building our own algorithm and machines, that pull from hundreds of ingredients to potentially create billions of completely unique shampoo and conditioner combinations.

Tell us what you want and need for your hair, and we’ll individually formulate and fill a product that is as unique as you!

Function of Beauty is it worth the money? i’m getting extensions in September and having a bleach to my hair so would it be worth buying?
Completely honest opinion- does this actually work? Very intrigued by the idea!
Are they good for curly hair ? ?
Start your review of Function of Beauty!
How would you rate this product?
Katrina M.
Grundy Center, IA
It’s pretty easy to order. You can fill it out right on Facebook. You pick the necessities you want for your hair, the scent and even if you want it colored or not. It comes in a bottle with a lid and then they also send you pumps which make it was easier. It’s cute seeing your own name printed on your bottles as well. They give you sticker sheets to make them look neat so def try this stuff! They’ve got auto ship so be aware of that
Tiffany C.
San Tan Vly, AZ
Function of Beauty uploaded by Tiffany C.
I purchased the straight hair (blue) shampoo and conditioner! BEST DECISION EVER! I was having issues with other brand such as sauce, tresseme, herbal essences, etc.. they never made my hair feel clean! Function of beauty has not only felt healthier but looks healthier. My hair stylist was shocked at how beautiful my hair felt and looked!Function of Beauty
Sarah Y.
Function of Beauty uploaded by Sarah Y.
I’m about halfway through my first set of custom shampoo and conditioner, and I’m really noticing a difference in the health of my hair. It has also added some volume to my usually fine and flat hair. A little bit of the shampoo goes a long way, so this makes the price tag worth it to me and I will definitely be repurchasing it in another scent/color combo when I run out!
Cayla B.
San Diego, CA
Function of Beauty uploaded by Cayla B.
Purchased at: Online
I love them! I love the way you can create your own shampoo snd conditioner to match your hair. I love the scents of them also!!! I highly recommend Function of Beauty it makes my hair feel super healthy. I would definitely buy it again!
Myrtle P.
Northridge, CA
Function of Beauty uploaded by Myrtle P.
I was excited to purchase a custom blend for my hair. I wanted smoother hair, something that can help dandruff, and keep it healthy. I purchased a custom shampoo and conditioner since I’ve heard a lot of positive reviews about FOB. Previously to this, I was using clean formulas and my hair was pretty healthy. Unfortunately, the shampoo made my scalp so itchy every time I used it. It also made my scalp flake so much. I honestly ended up throwing away the shampoo and conditioner. I did love the fragrance of these products, but definitely not worth it for me.
alexandra D.
weston
Function of Beauty uploaded by alexandra D.
Purchased at: Target
This product has it ups and downs. The function of beauty stays grounded with what they put in it, per request. I like that you can create a mixture that is good for you. However, this shampoo can leave some sense of grease leaving my hair greasy which most people do not enjoy. Either way I do think that this product benefits my hair.
Kaylee J.
Gillette, WY
Function of Beauty uploaded by Kaylee J.
I love this product!! Makes my curly hair so soft and smooth. I love that you can choose the scent and what’s in it. The smell from the lotion lasts all day.
Kayley C.
Kent, WA
Function of Beauty uploaded by Kayley C.
I’ve been using the brand function of beauty for my shampoo and conditioner for about a year now. For me, the 16 oz sizes last me about 3 months each and my hair is pretty long at about 2 feet. I would say that overall, I liked the customization, and the goals I set in the quiz were fulfilled. However, I’m not sure I can justify the price. I think that I could likely find a shampoo & conditioner for half the price that could do the same job. I’m only taking off one star because it is a great company with fantastic customer service and a quality product. The only limiting factor is the price, but keep in mind that it is completely customizable to fit your own hair needs.
Alison J.
Function of Beauty uploaded by Alison J.
I love that you can customize their products to meet your hair goals! For me, one hair goal was to reduce frizz, and I think the shampoo and conditioner has made a difference! You can even choose a scent and the colors you want! Highly recommend!
Angela P.
napa
Function of Beauty uploaded by Angela P.
HIGHLY recommend the purple shampoo for brassy hair. I have ZERO gold/orange to my blonde hair. Even my hairdresser can’t believe how well it works. It even works better than professional toners.I leave it on for 5 minutes in the shower and rinse.

209 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Beth M.
Alfreton , Derbyshire
il y a 6 jours
Jianna E. il y a 2 jours
i don’t recommend it! it’s too expensive for it to not really do much good for my hair. there’s so many other options if you’re willing to spend the money, like Moroccanoil, Olaplex or SheaMoisture (super affordable alternative too)
Ireland P.
il y a un mois
Function of Beauty Do the little strengtheners really help also I have heard this product makes hair fall out is that true?
Laura J. il y a 21 jours
I'm not sure what you mean by little strengtheners but my hair has absolutely not fallen out!