BY FUELED BY RAMEN

Recording information: Lightning Sound Studios, Hidden Hills, CA. With 2007's RIOT, Paramore proved that pop hooks and a killer set of pipes can still vault a band to platinum status, economic downturn be damned. Success comes with a price, though, and Paramore struggled as media outlets reserved most of their coverage for Hayley Williams, deemed by many to be the group's leader. Released in late 2009, BRAND NEW EYES presents Paramore as a stronger, leaner, and altogether more consistent band. "Careful" and "Ignorance" are two of the group's most aggressive tunes to date, and the rest of the disc follows suit, with the guitar interplay of Josh Farro and Taylor York (who makes his studio debut here, having joined the lineup after RIOT! was recorded) receiving much of the spotlight. Drummer Zac Farro anchors the band with a flurry of snare hits and cymbal crashes, but the true MVP is Miss Williams, who sings with all the gusto of an angsty, 21st century Ann Wilson. She's fun, fiery, and altogether fantastic, a pint-sized powerhouse who attacks everyone from holier-than-thou naysayers ("Playing God") to ego-centric space cadets ("Brick By Boring Brick"). BRAND NEW EYES is the band's most credible album to date, a blend of melody and muscle that packs a punch in spite of its tumultuous origin. see more...

Fueled By Ramen Brand New Eyes (Lyrics included with album)
  • "I love Paramore and of all their albums they have out so far, this is my absolute favorite!" in 1 review
Elle B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is probably my favorite album that Paramore has ever made. I had all of the songs on my inexpensive, crappy mp3 player. I would play them on repeat and sing loudly. I think I had three Paramore shirts and I was always wearing them.
Riah W.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I'm not the biggest fan of pop punkish bands like this, I tend to stick to metal or heavier bands, but Paramore just has a way of speaking to me. Whether it's the lyrics, Hayley's voice or the instrumentals, Paramore has been a band I've been listening to for years and I'd recommend to anyone.
Amanda J.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is okay but it’s not my favorite album by Paramore! Their best album in my opinion is Riot! This album includes the hits Ignorance and Careful! Other than those two hits, this album leaves much to be desired!
Chloe P.
This was really great when it came out. Probably my favorite album by this band. I don't really love it anymore, there's much better music out there. It has great energy on some songs and some great slower songs.
Rashida C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Everyone should know "Misery Business" & "Ain't It Fun"! Anyway, I fell in love with Paramore in 2005 when I first heard "Pressure". Hayley Williams has outstanding pipes and is an amazing vocalist! Her band does a great job backing her up as well. This album has a lot of gems on it. Some of my favorites are: Ignorance, Playing God, Brick By Boring Brick, & The Only Exception. This album is very different from the first two. I had more of a connection with this one than I had with the other ones. I hope they continue to make more music in the future, even though now they are down to only two members, including Hayley.
Brian M.
Wallingford, CT
This album was a huge step forward in terms of musical style and diversity for Paramore. Even though Riot! Was a classic, I might like this album a bit more because of the differences in musical styles showcased. The deep and haunting lyrics of some of the slower songs (Misguided Ghosts) put against the blistering intensity of songs like Careful and Ignorance show the band's versatility, and the new prospects looked into outside of the stereotypical pop-punk song structure make this album a standout in my collection
Michael S.
Albuquerque, NM
I love this album, favorite song on here has to be Playing God. Sad album though. This was a time when all the members were really sharing a lot of feelings in their life that wasn't making them so happy, Ignorance was targeted toward some of the other band members when Hayley was writing it, overall, this was the last album from all the original members, after this it was only Jeremy, Taylor, and Hayley
Guadalupe M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
My favorite album by Paramore. This album has been in my cd collection for many years, and I'm still in love with it. My favorite song of the album is Playing God because I enjoy the lyrics of it. This is a must listen album.
Clare s.
Sanford, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I've been listening to Paramore since 2005 and while this album was definitely different from the first two full lengths, it helped shape me as a person. The lyrics, the sounds, and the overall themes that this album brought forth is simply phenomenal. Check this album out!
Rheanna W.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Love the whole album. They are different but all really touch you either by the bet or by the lyrics. I can't chose a favorite song because there's too many good ones. I highly recommend you give this band a listen.
Vivian C.
Fullerton, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
What's your favorite song on the album?