BY GARNIER #1 in Anti-Frizz Treatments

Lock out frizz for a full 3 days, even in 97% humidity. This serum smooths and adds shine to frizzy, dry, unmanageable hair. It acts deep within and on the surface of your hair to strengthen smooth each strand.Get the most intense smoothing yet from Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum.

• Did this work for your hair?3 Answers
  • Does this work for oily hair? Wouuld it make it more oily?2 Answers
  • I have thick long hair I can go without washing it for about 3 da...1 Answers
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have used this stuff literally for years for a multitude of looks and even though I now have a way that I like to do my hair and I've finally got it figured out and I use expensive salon products for great looking hair somehow this stuff always creeps back into my hair arsenal.
So I have really curly and unruly hair that is super frizzy and thick. I have a lot of breakage and split ends, more so as a teen than now but you get the picture. My hair is extremely dry and takes 4 to 6 days for even just the roots to get oily looking or feeling. It's a bit past shoulder length.
As a girl/ preteen I hated my hair and was bullied over it. So I wanted to do anything I could to keep it wet all day or looking that way. I looked like a drowned rat for a few years. At that time I used a ton of this stuff to smooth it out and add a ton of shine and take away all frizz and then I'd add the extra hold aerosol hairspray on top in a big amount. It almost worked to control the frizz.
Then as I grew older and got my first iron. A cheap andis that actually had the ability to give me pretty straight hair I learned about heat protection, sealing the cuticle and shine. I used this mostly on it's own at this time. It always kept my hair shiny and smooth and smelling amazing.
Then as I grew up I started to come into my own. I realize I will never like my natural curls and despite the work I feel more like myself if I blow dry and flat iron with an expensive iron that gives me naturally looking straight hair. I fried my hair initially with color and doing this daily but now I wash every 4 to 6 days and have come a long way and my hair is pretty healthy.
I use a ton of products after I wash like leave in conditioner, blow dry perfecter/ heat protectant cream, detangler UV protection, hairspray type holding stuff (ouai memory mist), a smoothing cream, and a shine spray or oil of some sort all at different parts of the process. I generally only use salon products as you can't get salon hair without those amazing products and tools. That's their secret.
Anyway I switch between a salon shine spray that I love but is expensive, and a chi silk infusions oil and this which are pretty similar in action on just regular days.
I love my chi but this stuff just smells so good and works so great that I do keep a couple bottles around the house and find myself using it pretty often.
It doesn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy faster than usual even with all the other product in my hair. It seals the cuticle almost completely if used as a sort of heat protectant and sealer before flat ironing. After flat ironing it imparts an amazing shine that looks so healthy and strong and it lasts for a couple days despite my hair sucking in all the moisture from the products.
It keeps my hair smelling amazing and fresh despite the few days I don't wash my hair.
It lasts for days and helps protect my hair while smoothing it and imparting a gorgeous and soft shine that's not at all greasy.
It is almost an oil. A thicker oil so I wouldnt recommend this for thin, fine or greasy hair but if you have dry or damaged hair like me you will love it.
It has a good amount of product in each bottle. It lasts forever because a little goes a long way. Its easy to find at any big chain store. It's cheap and can usually be found on sale or a coupon can usually be found pretty easily.
So yes I completely recommend to those who use a hair oil or something similar.
Araceli P.
Santa Maria, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
It gives shine to my hair.. It smells slightly good. The serum is transparent, doesn’t have any color and has a runny, oil-like consistency. The fragrance is awesome. It is fruity kind of smell and stays in my hair for a couple of hours after application. The serum leaves my hair soft, smooth, shiny and smelling awesome. It also helps in detangling my hair.use one pump of the product in my thin, past shoulder length hair. Using more makes my hair a bit greasy and weighs them down, but then, the quality totally depends on your hair type and volume. The amount shown in the swatch is the amount of serum that comes out in a single pump. It doesn’t cause any buildup if used in right quantity and washes out easily. The serum seals my split ends and leaves the frizzy ends soft and shiny. The serum is easy to work with and can be used on wet or dry hair. I prefer to use it on my damp hair as it gets absorbed easily when my hair is damp. On the other hand, it makes my hair greasy and weighs them down when I use it on dry hair. I also used it with my blow dryer with two pumps instead of one when I am planning to blow dry my hair. After blow drying, it leaves my hair sleek, shiny, healthy looking and gives the salon effect. The effect stays in my hair for 2 days. Even on the second day, may hair looks sleek and shiny as the previous day. It also reduces static in my hair which happens a lot in winters. The serum contains argan oil, but I do not see any difference in the quality of my hair. I have been using this serum for almost a month now. The effect of the serum stays only till the next hair wash.
Mackenzie S.
Enon, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I started using this after trying it at a friends house. My hair is usually pretty straight but no matter the time of year or temperature, I have these crazy baby-hair-flyaway-things around my forehead and temples. I have tried a lot of different mousses but they either don’t hold or hold too much! After trying this product I really liked it and for the most part it does the job while adding a nice shine. The only problem is if you go a little bit too much your hair will look oily so you have to find the best balance for your hair.
Demi L.
Palm Bay , FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
One of the best oil/serums hands down. I'm literally down to my last and I restock even more now that my son is 2 and his hair is long and curly like mine and I use it on his hair as well. When you think of Seren you think of really thick sticky oil and when you put it in your hair sometimes I'm the thicker it is the more heavy your hair feels and that is not the case with this bad boy. I can distribute it into my hair when it's wet easily and once it dries even if I don't put any conditioner in afterwords it still feels really really nice and it doesn't harden my hair or drench it so that it loses volume. Are use it on my hair when it's curly and I use it on my hair when I straighten it is one of the best products that I own. Definitely recommend for all types of hair and the cheapest place you can buy it is at a local beauty supply store or discount store if your lucky but still inexpensive compared to other products if you buy it at places like Rite Aid or Walmart
Taylor C.
Navarre, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
While I don't typically reach for Garnier, they hit it out of the park with this one. The product does just as it describes! I have thick, color treated, and damaged hair. Whether it is the Florida humidity or my natural hair ways- by the end of the day my hair typically looks like a frizzy mess. A little goes a long way with this product so I typically style my hair as I normally do, then pump a small amount of serum into the palm of my hand then run my fingers through my hair. After using this product my hair looks and feels more healthy and it stands up against the heat and humidity.
Danielle M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I  have used the Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti Frizz Sereum for a few years now and I enjoy it. The product last a while, especially if you don't use it all the time. It is very oily so you only need a little or your hair will look to greasy. A little goes a long way. I have think, curly, frizzy hair and I use this product when I want to straighten my hair. It helps tame my hair and give me a smoother, more sleek look with less frizz. I would recommend trying this product especially if you have thick frizzy hair and straighten it a lot!
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product for testing purposes from Bzzagent. Com in exchange for my review. Overall, this is a pretty good dry serum. I have very long hair that goes down to my butt, and I always straighten my hair after washing it. You can use this on damp hair or dry hair for frizz and flyaways, baby hairs sticking up, ect. I love a good anti frizz serum to apply to my damp hair before blowbdrying, because it helps make my hair straightening process much easier. It also makes my hair smell good and feel super soft. Garner has good heat protection sprays and serums. I was fairly suprised that this serum works very well. Would i buy this again if I run out of this bottle? I might, just because it actually works really good, and helps my frizz. Overall, i give this serum 4 stars.
Tristen R.
Roanoke , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am a black female with hair so thick and course that I haven’t found a hairdresser that can handle it in all my years of living. In saying this, garnier products are thought to not typically work for me. That statement is true with the exception of this single garnier product. First off it retails for a little under five dollars at Walmart. The packaging is basic but also really nice. It smells good also. I usually use an argon oil allowing me to oil my hair every other day, this typically having the same usage of you have African American hair. After a week (I am black so I dont wash my hair everyday as our hair is much dryer) I notice it starts to build up a residue, I’ve been riding my bike lately so the dirt flying in the wind + this product is probably not a match. I’m saying this I love this product and would buy again.
Salina P.
Louisburg, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE the Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti Frizz Serum. It is very humid where I live and in the humidity no matter what I do my hair stays frizzy, even if I straighten my hair. I have tried all kinds of Anti Frizz serums and products and nothing has seemed to work with my hair except Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti Frizz Serum!! Yes when it is really humid my hair will still be frizzy even after using this product, but it will be less frizzy. This is the only product that will work in my hair and not make it frizzy in normal weather conditions. I love and live by this produce and would recommend other people who struggle with frizz as well try this product.
Cali B.
Littlerock
Beauty Junkie Expert
During the summer months this is my go to products! During that time my hair is always feeling super dry and lifeless. When I put this product in my hair when I’m not having a good hair day it turns things right back around! It makes my hair so smooth and soft I touch my hair all the time when I use this! It also lifts it back up to give the bounce and the life it needs again!
Stephanie C.
Does it leave your hair oily?
Alisha D.
Ripley, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
Would this be good for very curly hair?
Amanda L.
Woodstock, GA
Does this weigh the hair down and make it oily?
Nina K.
New Castle, DE
I have a combination hair :) it is oily near the roots and very dry near the ends. Is this product good for such hair? Is it good for the frizz control?
fatima ezzahra b.