by Frontline
Ask a Question
Elisha B.
Elisha B.
Chillicothe, OH

Trifexis or Frontline? I prefer Trifexis only bc its a 2 in 1 it prevents heart worms and it keeps flees away!
Melissa P.
Melissa P.
Nov. 4, 2014, 6:26 p.m.
After reading this I'm planning on switching to Trifexis
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
May 6, 2014, 10:58 p.m.
Honestly, this is comparing apples to oranges. Trifexis is a better well-rounded product in the sense that it also is a monthly heartworm prevention. Frontline does not do this. In my opinion, a product like Trifexis IS better because of the ease of administration and because I like comfortis for flea prevention better than Frontline (Trifexis = Interceptor + Comfortis). HOWEVER, it is very important to note that Trifexis DOES NOT provide ANY tick prevention.
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Jan. 14, 2014, 1:36 p.m.
We tried our terrier mix on Trifexis, as it was recommended by our vet, but he continued to vomit soon after receiving his pill. The vet indicated that upset stomachs are known to be a side effect for some animals, so be aware of this. If they aren't getting the medicine, they aren't protected. So we switched to Heartguard-Frontline combo, which works great for him and us.
Emilie C.
Emilie C.
Nov. 5, 2013, 8:50 a.m.
Trifexis is one of the things we recommend most at the clinic I work with! Keep in mind though that Trifexis doesn't do ticks. So, if you were using Frontline for ticks, you'll have to use another product along with the Trifexis.
Kristel W.
Kristel W.
Nov. 1, 2013, 5:17 p.m.
We have 3 dogs and have tried just about every topical flea prevention available. For the most part we stuck with Frontline - until we tried Trifexis! It's the only thing we use now. With Frontline we still battled with fleas, it was such a pain to apply, and yes, I do believe that the bumps on the back of the neck of one of our dogs was from this flea medicine. Trifexis is so easy to give them and we don't have to worry about giving them an additional pill for worms.
Tracy D.
Tracy D.
Oct. 26, 2013, 8:17 a.m.
Definitely Trifexis over Frontline- Frontline is very harsh on animals, my cat had a horrible reaction to Frontline. I gave my cats comfortis and my dogs Trifexis and will never go back to Frontline again
Alexis D.
Alexis D.
Sept. 19, 2013, 3:07 p.m.
Trifexis! It's cheaper than buying the heartworm seperate
Kerri B.
Kerri B.
Aug. 13, 2013, 12:25 a.m.
Trifexis but I can't always afford it.
Heather W.
Heather W.
Aug. 12, 2013, 8:30 p.m.
These products are not comparable. All pets need 3 types of parasite prevention: heartworm, intestinal parasites, and fleas. Most pets need some tick prevention as well. Trifexis prevents heartworms, intestinal parasites, and fleas. If you have no ticks in your area, you might be able to get away with Trifexis alone. On the other hand, Frontline protects against fleas and ticks. You ALWAYS need another product in conjunction with Frontline, because you are not getting any protection against heartworms or intestinal parasites.
Abby H.
Abby H.
Aug. 6, 2013, 9:53 a.m.
TRIFEXIS...coming from a Vet Tech.
Jessa B.
Jessa B.
July 29, 2013, 12:33 a.m.
I agree, there's so much better stuff out there that's actually worth the money.

Join Now