by Frontline
Ask a Question
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Tempe, AZ

This product did NOT work on the flea problem my dog had over the summer, anyone else have the same issue?
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
May 6, 2014, 11:01 p.m.
In order to be effective, we tell clients that they must use any flea prevention for 3 consecutive months. However, we have had concerns with fleas and ticks becoming resistant to frontline in my area. If that is the case, I would recommend you talk with your vet about other alternatives. At my clinic now we have started recommending Vectra 3D instead of frontline.
Lauren W.
Lauren W.
April 4, 2014, 7:46 a.m.
My family has found that if the dose has hit the end of its dosage mark, especially during the summer, some tics will end up on my two dogs. They have a tendency to dig deep into the woods when they are outside. I suppose the right thing to do would be to assess the amount of time dogs are outside as compared to inside to determine the threats and figure out the right product for your circumstance.
Ivy P.
Ivy P.
May 14, 2013, 7:56 p.m.
If your dog had fleas there is a probability that there are flea eggs thought the house or in the yard which means that the fleas are going to keep coming back. So the treatment is useless, unfortunately.
Dawn A.
Dawn A.
Nov. 13, 2012, 5:24 p.m.
I disagree. I'm not trying to sound snotty but did you follow the directions? I only ask because one year I tried to use it less because I didn't want to use the chemicals so often and he got ticks.. Since then I have never had a problem and have been using it for years. It could be that he has never been exposed to fleas too!
Melanie C.
Melanie C.
Oct. 16, 2012, 9:53 a.m.
Unfortunately, Frontline is an older product and now available over the counter, which is a good way to gauge pet medications: once it's available without prescription, it means that there's a tolerance being built against the parasites it's supposed to protect from. While it may work most of the time, there are a lot of instances popping up lately where fleas have been unaffected by the medication. My suggestion would be to see your veterinarian and get a new product, one that's more recent and the chemicals in the products are more up to date. I use Revolution personally, because it also covers heartworms, but there are many good products out there right now.

Join Now